Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Do you think Rivera will successfully rebuild ?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-11-2021, 08:36 AM   #91
mredskins
MVP

Re: Do you think Rivera will successfully rebuild ?

Saw this on reddit:

https://streamable.com/2tg7gj

Love him or hate him RG3 brought some really excitement to this place, have not seen it since nor had we seen it in a long time before he came.

Advertisements
Old 11-11-2021, 08:41 AM   #92
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

In five years, even with Snyder, you should be able to show improvement. I think DS has officially retired from drafting, at least i hope. After the DH debacle i think even he knows to stfu in april.
In five years if u prepare well, draft well, play free agency right, game plan and play call well - than you can turn it around. Even with Snyder.
At this point i feel we have pretty much remained as we were , maybe regressed slightly- hard to say based on the schedules and injuries but we certainly have not gotten better.
Not sure how long he is here for, but he is here next year without a doubt. We best improve next year. Doesn’t mean we need to completely turn it around but 8-9 wins should be the goal. The following year we need to be a playoff team.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 10:19 AM   #93
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I don't know man, 2019 was bad. Nine of their 13 losses were by 10 or more points. The three wins they managed were by a total of 12 points. 0 for 6 in the division. The team was definitely heading in the wrong direction - closing out the season getting their doors blown off by the Cowboys. They weren't competitive.

I'm not crowning RR yet, but at least this team has been competitive since he arrived. I am not sure how one could say that they have regressed, or even sustained what they had going on in 2019. To me it has been much better, despite the injuries and lack of consistent QB play, even if some of the final scores don't reflect that. On paper, it looks a lot like 2019, but I personally can see the difference in how this current team competes, compared to pre RR. They haven't figured out how to play complementary football yet, but I have to believe that the huge roster turnover has a lot to do with that so far. I think there's only like 12-15 players on the team now, who were on the team when RR took over.

It's going to take some time for it to all come together, for sure. The biggest thing holding them back is the most important position - QB. Can't fix that this year, so all I want to see the rest of the season is that the players come to play every game, and the coaches bring a good game plan and are able to make adjustments to give the team a chance every week.

It's a crying shame this team isn't 5-3 instead of 2-6. It is what it is, but there are actually a lot of winnable games on the second half of the schedule. And it's set up for them to succeed, despite their current record, with 5 Division games, 8 NFC games, and only three opponents who have a winning record.

Just got to go out and do it.

Last edited by Chief X_Phackter; 11-11-2021 at 10:36 AM.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 07:45 PM   #94
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Completely agree. We have to stick with him at the very least one more season, and unless next season is an absolute disaster too, I'd say give him one more season after that.

This being said. I don't want to hear Ron talk about Chase and Montez getting chipped more than the other guys anymore... Last week he went into a super long explanation about how he had somebody "analyticly look at" their 3rd and long, they discovered this team had a higher chip percentage on 3rd and 7+ ... and then how they were seeing more play action than other defenses... And again this week, he was more critical of Chase, but he mentioned this chip percentage stats again...

This is such a looser quote. Your defense is failing because the other teams are mean and chip your edge rushers and call some play action ?! OMG this is so unfair let's make a complaint to the league !
The whole chip thing - I mean for every play in this league there is something that will counter that. There is no single play that works 100% of the time.

So the question isn't "can Chase beat the chip" it should be "why hasn't JDR/Sam Mills taught Chase how to beat the chip, and/or called plays to counteract the chip?"
Old 11-11-2021, 07:48 PM   #95
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I don't know man, 2019 was bad. Nine of their 13 losses were by 10 or more points. The three wins they managed were by a total of 12 points. 0 for 6 in the division. The team was definitely heading in the wrong direction - closing out the season getting their doors blown off by the Cowboys. They weren't competitive.

I'm not crowning RR yet, but at least this team has been competitive since he arrived. I am not sure how one could say that they have regressed, or even sustained what they had going on in 2019. To me it has been much better, despite the injuries and lack of consistent QB play, even if some of the final scores don't reflect that. On paper, it looks a lot like 2019, but I personally can see the difference in how this current team competes, compared to pre RR. They haven't figured out how to play complementary football yet, but I have to believe that the huge roster turnover has a lot to do with that so far. I think there's only like 12-15 players on the team now, who were on the team when RR took over.

It's going to take some time for it to all come together, for sure. The biggest thing holding them back is the most important position - QB. Can't fix that this year, so all I want to see the rest of the season is that the players come to play every game, and the coaches bring a good game plan and are able to make adjustments to give the team a chance every week.

It's a crying shame this team isn't 5-3 instead of 2-6. It is what it is, but there are actually a lot of winnable games on the second half of the schedule. And it's set up for them to succeed, despite their current record, with 5 Division games, 8 NFC games, and only three opponents who have a winning record.

Just got to go out and do it.
I mean I get what you're saying - but this team has clearly regressed from last year. Last year they at least competed - there wasn't many games that we were blown out in and with minimal player turnover it was fair to expect them to continue to do the same this year. Instead it's been the opposite.

I haven't given up on Ron yet but somehow this team managed to return most players and coaches from last year and they have clearly gotten worse. Many of our losses this year have been noncompetitive. How many times have we won the coin toss only to see them waltz down the field on the opening drive to score a td? We're in the hole from the start, and it snowballs from there.
Old 11-11-2021, 09:06 PM   #96
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I mean I get what you're saying - but this team has clearly regressed from last year. Last year they at least competed - there wasn't many games that we were blown out in and with minimal player turnover it was fair to expect them to continue to do the same this year. Instead it's been the opposite.

I haven't given up on Ron yet but somehow this team managed to return most players and coaches from last year and they have clearly gotten worse. Many of our losses this year have been noncompetitive. How many times have we won the coin toss only to see them waltz down the field on the opening drive to score a td? We're in the hole from the start, and it snowballs from there.
You were writing a compelling case until the opening drive argument. Last year our defense gave up opening drive scores all season long, and our offense didn't score a first drive point till the last weekend of the regular season I believe. This year we have stopped a few of the worst teams first drives.

And yes the bar is that low

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 12:00 PM   #97
JackLord
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
In five years, even with Snyder, you should be able to show improvement. I think DS has officially retired from drafting, at least i hope. After the DH debacle i think even he knows to stfu in april.
In five years if u prepare well, draft well, play free agency right, game plan and play call well - than you can turn it around. Even with Snyder.
At this point i feel we have pretty much remained as we were , maybe regressed slightly- hard to say based on the schedules and injuries but we certainly have not gotten better.
Not sure how long he is here for, but he is here next year without a doubt. We best improve next year. Doesn’t mean we need to completely turn it around but 8-9 wins should be the goal. The following year we need to be a playoff team.
I have my doubts about. Danny, first and foremost, likes the big splash. And he loves to be the one that makes the big splash.
JackLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 12:41 PM   #98
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackLord View Post
I have my doubts about. Danny, first and foremost, likes the big splash. And he loves to be the one that makes the big splash.
Snyder was out of the drafting players business after RG3 .. until Haskins.

Now hes out of the drafting players business after Haskins .. until _________.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 12:56 PM   #99
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

Well, there were 7 years between RG3 and Haskins, so hopefully he'll stay out of the draft room and let Ron draft a QB.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 01:39 PM   #100
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
You were writing a compelling case until the opening drive argument. Last year our defense gave up opening drive scores all season long, and our offense didn't score a first drive point till the last weekend of the regular season I believe. This year we have stopped a few of the worst teams first drives.

And yes the bar is that low

Thanks Cred, I had successfully repressed the memory of our D getting assraped on most opening drives of the last two years until you reminded me.

Are you going to pay for my therapy?
Old 11-12-2021, 02:04 PM   #101
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Thanks Cred, I had successfully repressed the memory of our D getting assraped on most opening drives of the last two years until you reminded me.

Are you going to pay for my therapy?
Maybe we can get a class action suit against DS

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 05:03 PM   #102
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:

Yeah, I wasn't actually comparing last year to this year. I was comparing pre RR to with RR. But there has been a lot of player turnover since he arrived - including into this year (40% of the starting OL, LBs, most of the secondary, WRs, QB); not to mention the schedule/competition has been a lot tougher this year.

I'm not trying to make excuses for the 2-6 record, but there are a myriad of reasons that it is what it is, but I don't consider it 'regression' necessarily.

I know you are what your record is, but as crazy as it might sound, I really don't think this team is as bad as that record. Clean up a couple things, get a couple key guys healthy, and most importantly get more out of the QB position, and I think it's possible they could make some noise in the 2nd half. Will it be enough, I don't know...
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 12:47 PM   #103
JackLord
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

Exactly. Until ... ?

It's who he is. He cannot help it.
JackLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 10:51 AM   #104
SunnySide
Playmaker

https://twitter.com/WashingtonNFL/st...097111554?s=20

Coach was fired the fuck up last night in the locker room. Must watch. The Heinike throwing a rock at the white board is david v goliath mantra theyve been using the last couple of weeks.

The boys are fired up and locked in.

Thats my coach.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 12:32 PM   #105
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I officially WILL NEVER DOUBT RR again! I'm sorry Ron