Snyder (the absolute worst owner in all of sports) to stay on a owner

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-14-2022, 09:49 AM   #421
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Snyder (the absolute worst owner in all of sports) to stay on a owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
If he is scamming the other owners out of money, no matter how small the amount it is, he has to go. There has to be a point where enough is enough. He's just bad for business.
I heard on radio most teams end up owing a bit more in shared ticket revenue after the NFL audit. Skins have owed 70-80k in the past and that is considered nominal and acceptable.

With that said ....
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-14-2022, 09:51 AM   #422
SunnySide
Playmaker

THE ALLEGATIONS: In DC, Maske & Jhabvala in a front-page piece note a letter sent from the House Committee on Oversight & Reform to the FTC yesterday said that the Commanders and Snyder “may have engaged in a troubling, long-running, and potentially unlawful pattern of financial conduct” that allegedly involved "withholding as much as $5 million in refundable deposits from season ticket holders and also hiding money that was supposed to be shared among NFL owners." The allegations were made by former VP/Sales & Customer Service Jason Friedman, who worked for the franchise for 24 years. The letter said that Friedman told committee members the team "maintained 'two sets of books,' including one set of financial records used to underreport certain ticket revenue to the NFL." The letter cites documentation that the team’s financial improprieties "may have extended to tickets registered in Commissioner Roger Goodell’s name." It details allegations that the Commanders "improperly attributed such revenue to being derived" from a Navy- Notre Dame college football game at FedExField or a Kenny Chesney concert so that it "wouldn’t be part of the NFL’s revenue-sharing pool."

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.co...ommanders.aspx

"I was absolutely caught off-guard by the number of fans that turned out on Saturday night. Never before have we not sold at least 70,000 tickets for Notre Dame," Navy athletic director Chet Gladchuk said on Monday. "I really don't understand what happened and why so many people decided to stay home. By my estimation, there were thousands of no-shows."

Sources told The Capital that approximately 50,000 tickets were sold in advance, which would mean nearly 13,000 fans who paid for seats did not show up to use them. It was a dreary, rainy day and game time temperature for the 8 p.m. kickoff was 48 degrees.

https://www.capitalgazette.com/sport...104-story.html
Old 04-14-2022, 09:52 AM   #423
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coff View Post
There seems to be an assumption that the other owners are going to be furious at Snyder for stealing from the rest of them by fudging the books when it comes to ticket revenues. I'm not sure it's safe to assume this isn't a common practice among all of the teams. If it is the case that most teams do this, the owners will be upset that Snyder let slip the secret, but they wouldn't be willing to kick him out the league. They would never set a precedent for removal that they're all guilty of. It's the entire reason the Wilkinson report was squashed.
In a Business that has only 32 Companies involved in it I would not assume that all the others companies/teams are doing it. It's not a good defense. While we may not have been privy to everything I don't believe anything was "squashed".JMO.
Old 04-14-2022, 10:00 AM   #424
SunnySide
Playmaker

Navy Notre game .. alleged they sold tickets for like $54 but reported in books it was $46 .. not sure how that effects the NFL revenue .. unless they claim the profit on books was from a non NFL game (Navy Notre Dame) and not from what it really was (illegal under reporting of nfl ticket sales)
Old 04-14-2022, 10:30 AM   #425
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coff View Post
There seems to be an assumption that the other owners are going to be furious at Snyder for stealing from the rest of them by fudging the books when it comes to ticket revenues. I'm not sure it's safe to assume this isn't a common practice among all of the teams. If it is the case that most teams do this, the owners will be upset that Snyder let slip the secret, but they wouldn't be willing to kick him out the league. They would never set a precedent for removal that they're all guilty of. It's the entire reason the Wilkinson report was squashed.
I think they would be mad the amount of attention he is attracting, rather than a few hundred thousand here or there. The leagues preferrential status is valuable to them and along side the Ross tanking allegations there is a real risk of federal and local investigations of the whole circus, not just the clown car.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 11:18 AM   #426
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Navy Notre game .. alleged they sold tickets for like $54 but reported in books it was $46 .. not sure how that effects the NFL revenue .. unless they claim the profit on books was from a non NFL game (Navy Notre Dame) and not from what it really was (illegal under reporting of nfl ticket sales)
This is a decent article about that game, now with what is going on it does make you wonder.

https://www.capitalgazette.com/sport...104-story.html
Mids miffed by turnout for Notre Dame game
Old 04-15-2022, 01:41 PM   #427
Coff
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
I think they would be mad the amount of attention he is attracting, rather than a few hundred thousand here or there. The leagues preferrential status is valuable to them and along side the Ross tanking allegations there is a real risk of federal and local investigations of the whole circus, not just the clown car.
Right, that's exactly the problem. Once again, Snyder's shenanigans are causing major headaches for the other owners. But they can't just get rid of him because they hate him or because he's a pain in the ass, they need to find a reason that can't also be used against them. And if many of them have also cheated Community Chest, then he gets another get-out-of-jail free card.
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 11:49 AM   #428
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

So apparently the team stroke back at those financial misconduct allegations , and their letter to Congress came with over 80 pages of affidavits and documents, including an email sent to Jason Wright's account by Jason Friedman, saying he reflected on his mistakes and wanted back with the team...

There's a possibility they are just firing back out of desperation, but maybe those allegations are outright lies by a disgruntled ex employee... Maybe there's truth and lies on both sides.
Just a hunch but I'm thinking this may be nothing/not enough to lead to Snyder being kicked out.
Old 04-20-2022, 03:33 PM   #429
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
So apparently the team stroke back at those financial misconduct allegations , and their letter to Congress came with over 80 pages of affidavits and documents, including an email sent to Jason Wright's account by Jason Friedman, saying he reflected on his mistakes and wanted back with the team...

There's a possibility they are just firing back out of desperation, but maybe those allegations are outright lies by a disgruntled ex employee... Maybe there's truth and lies on both sides.
Just a hunch but I'm thinking this may be nothing/not enough to lead to Snyder being kicked out.
This is like my current office. Literally every year they say they are going to remodel and move us to a different section, every year everyone packs up as though its going to happen never does, so i refuse to pack. I tell everyone when i see a construction crew in the parking lot i will pack.

Just like DS unless i see something literally saying he has to sell and i see a for sale sign outside FedEx i consider all news smoke and DS will always be in power.
Old 04-21-2022, 07:26 PM   #430
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
From all accounts this Friedman guy sounds like a total douchebag. Not surprising as he worked there for 24 years.

That being said, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Go get 'em Jason!!
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 05:12 PM   #431
calia
Playmaker

VA AG's office is apparently investigating the team. Just saw a news blurb on that from Keim on ESPN.
Old 05-07-2022, 08:11 AM   #432
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Raiders are also having problems!

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/raiders...024548262.html

Raiders president says he was fired for blowing whistle on alleged Mark Davis misconduct
Old 05-07-2022, 09:05 AM   #433
rocnrik
Playmaker

I expect more folks to shine some light on these issues around the league … this is why Snyder isn’t gonna get booted by the other owners …
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 05:11 PM   #434
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Papa John said Snyder and Jones tried to use him to get Roger G. fired back in 2017.

Jones wanted him gone because he suspended Zeke for 6 games for (possibly) bullshit allegations of DV. Not sure why Snyder wanted him gone, but allegedly Snyder was mad they pay Roger like 50 mil a year and he's a drunk.

Nothing here is gonna change anything - Snyder is still bulletproof.
Old 05-07-2022, 05:23 PM   #435
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Papa John said Snyder and Jones tried to use him to get Roger G. fired back in 2017.

Jones wanted him gone because he suspended Zeke for 6 games for (possibly) bullshit allegations of DV. Not sure why Snyder wanted him gone, but allegedly Snyder was mad they pay Roger like 50 mil a year and he's a drunk.

Nothing here is gonna change anything - Snyder is still bulletproof.
This is amazing. Nice find Mooby

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote