Go Back   Warpath > Fantasy Football Forums > Fantasy Football

Fantasy Football 2012 Thread

Fantasy Football

Old 09-02-2012, 03:15 AM   #76
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
Ok, I guess I should ask for drafting advice for my money league as well since I came in dead last in my 12 team keeper league last year. The draft is Monday afternoon. And I pre-apologize for the megapost.

Here are the basics: 6 points for passing touchdowns, pretty standard scoring otherwise, no PPR, the league is for $100 and money has been tight lately so I don't want to completely waste it, and finally, I guess they only guys of note being kept are McFadden and Murray. I have the 4th pick this year. Also, my only keeper is Cutler (probably a backup but I think he might be okay this year) for an 11th rounder out of 15.

On one hand I think I should go with Rodgers/Brady/Brees since its 6pts for passing TDs. On the other hand I took Rodgers with the 5th pick last year and ended up with flaming turds for RBs and subsequently ended up in last place.

So -take Rodgers and pray that someone like Jamaal Charles/Stephen Jackson/Adrian Peterson is still around in the 2nd? Or, should I take Foster, Rice, or McCoy if they're available* and then try to get someone like Rivers or Ryan in say the 3rd?

*One other thing - even though QBs dominate our league point-wise most of the other owners don't take them as early as you might think.
In my league QBs dominate in points so they are taken early. I'd ratger have a Brees/Rodgers/Brady than a top RB. You can get a good RB in the second round.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Taptalk 2
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-02-2012, 03:16 AM   #77
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
In my league QBs dominate in points so they are taken early. I'd rather have a Brees/Rodgers/Brady than a top RB. You can get a good RB in the second round.

R.I.P. #21
Old 09-04-2012, 01:30 AM   #78
Kindoy
The Starter

Re: Fantasy Football 2012 Thread

Should i start MJD v. Cleveland or Kendall Hunter v. Green Bay week 1? It's a 20 team league so options are very limited as you could imagine.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #79
scowan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindoy View Post
Should i start MJD v. Cleveland or Kendall Hunter v. Green Bay week 1? It's a 20 team league so options are very limited as you could imagine.
I wouldn't start MJD this week, maybe next week, but I think Rashard Jennings will get most of the carries this week, if for no other reason than a reward for his preseason work. Here is one for you, I have Marshawn Lynch (must start) but then I have Steven Ridley, McGhee, Deangelo Williams. Which one of those guys in week ! do you start? Oh I have Ryan Mathews, but that's for week 2 or 3.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:23 PM   #80
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I wonder if MJD's holdout will affect his numbers. I am sure he will have a slow start.
R.I.P. #21
Old 09-04-2012, 12:31 PM   #81
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
I wouldn't start MJD this week, maybe next week, but I think Rashard Jennings will get most of the carries this week, if for no other reason than a reward for his preseason work. Here is one for you, I have Marshawn Lynch (must start) but then I have Steven Ridley, McGhee, Deangelo Williams. Which one of those guys in week ! do you start? Oh I have Ryan Mathews, but that's for week 2 or 3.
Im liking that Ridley match up at tennesse.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:14 PM   #82
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I wonder if MJD's holdout will affect his numbers. I am sure he will have a slow start.
Going to be the 3rd-down back in Week 1, very limited carries.

Quote:
Easy choice. Wright.

Britt is out so he's their #1 this week and MJD isn't in football shape yet and is supposed to get just a few carries as the 3rd-down back.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #83
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I would wait a lil longer in the week to see how the touches play out, I feel MJD will get more touches over Kendall Hunter.I think San Fran will be throwing the ball to keep up. That Minnesota vs Jax is such a bad football match, that some way MJD gets in there and makes a difference.

He Gets Us
Old 09-04-2012, 09:19 PM   #84
Kindoy
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
I like Ridley v. the Titans, McGhee won't do much v. the Steelers and I see Deangelo taking a backseat to Stewart this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Going to be the 3rd-down back in Week 1, very limited carries.

Easy choice. Wright.

Britt is out so he's their #1 this week and MJD isn't in football shape yet and is supposed to get just a few carries as the 3rd-down back.
I'm talking Kendall Hunter (RB, 49ers) not Kendall Wright (WR, Titans)
Old 09-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #85
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Jacob Tamme or Martellus Bennett?
Old 09-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #86
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
thats tough, Id lean Tamme. How reliable was Bennett n Dallas? I dont see Bennett becoming a better player and going against his old team, Dallas will be keying on him.

He Gets Us
Old 09-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #87
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
thats tough, Id lean Tamme. How reliable was Bennett n Dallas? I dont see Bennett becoming a better player and going against his old team, Dallas will be keying on him.
True, its tough, but a TE against a good defense is always a favorable matchup. So I want to say Tamme, but he's also got Joel Dressen on his team to take away some potential catches and targets. But with Martellus he had Witten infront of him the whole time in Dallas, and its really just him in NY (maybe Pascoe; I know Ballards off the team and Beckums still recovering from his torn ACL). Thats why its still hard to choose who to start.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #88
Kindoy
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I would actually go with Bennett. Tamme is going against a stiff D and is splitting targets. Bennett is the guy in NY and definitely has talent. He showed flashes in Dallas but was inconsistent. I could see him having a solid year under Eli's leadership, as he does use his tight ends and turns below average tight ends into serviceable ones.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:25 PM   #89
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I'm in a 12 team 4 player keep league. I took Justin Blackmon in the 3rd round. I'm really high on this kid despite his off the field issues. Would you start him or Malcom Floyd week one? My other wr is Brandon Marshall who is going to abuse the Colts secondary!
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:43 AM   #90
joeyt56
Camp Scrub

Who should i start? Eli who is possibly without Nicks and has Locklear starting at LT against Ware Or RG3 who has everyone heathy, probably gonna have to throw alot against a high scoring NO offense while their D is missing some key starters. I work at 4 so if Nicks is a game time decision i wont be able to change it up. Thanks.
joeyt56 is offline   Reply With Quote