SF Postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-13-2020, 11:12 PM   #61
skinsfan0201
Special Teams

Re: SF Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Alex has been great for the franchise, maybe in another capacity he should continue. He is an inspiration and I admire as many do from afar.

But with 100% certainty today say the first half performance is not gonna get it done. It not the first time we’ve seen it this year, but several times.
I don’t think that is true. What other games has this occurred in excluding the game against the Rams- his first time off the bench in the driving rain?
skinsfan0201 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-13-2020, 11:18 PM   #62
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan0201 View Post
We have not a clue what kind of “muscle “ injury he has. The fact that the team is taking precautions his first month and a half starting again is a good thing. I don’t think he would be out there doing what he has done unless he is feeling well. If today was any indication, we should feel better knowing that our team understands the importance of him starting the rest of the season etc. They know his capabilities and limitations better than any of us do. For us to make any assumptions is ludicrous. Alex Smith has done something no one else in any sport has ever done, give the man a shot.
I am, if you would have read my previous comment carefully I said he would bounce back, I give him the benefit of the doubt as he is our best option. Next year we need to upgrade the position. He will be 37 years old and will always be limited due to his injury, at least his scrambling ability which was one of his main strengths. We just need to get younger at QB.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 11:26 PM   #63
skinsfan0201
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I am, if you would have read my previous comment carefully I said he would bounce back, I give him the benefit of the doubt as he is our best option. Next year we need to upgrade the position. He will be 37 years old and will always be limited due to his injury, at least his scrambling ability which was one of his main strengths. We just need to get younger at QB.
Well, it seemed like you gave him some benefit, but knowing that this is his first month and a half back as well as the fact that he has many strengths besides just being a “good” scrambler. Being able to read and understand what he is seeing on the field, processing his reads/progressions, mentoring the other young offensive players, teaching them and understanding situational football is not something we will find next season in the NFL draft.
Old 12-13-2020, 11:32 PM   #64
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Well, it seemed like you gave him some benefit, but knowing that this is his first month and a half back as well as the fact that he has many strengths besides just being a “good” scrambler. Being able to read and understand what he is seeing on the field, processing his reads/progressions, mentoring the other young offensive players, teaching them and understanding situational football is not something we will find next season in the NFL draft.
Totally agree, but we still need to get younger at QB and by all means keep him as a mentor.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-13-2020, 11:37 PM   #65
skinsfan0201
Special Teams

Quote:
Totally agree, but we still need to get younger at QB and by all means keep him as a mentor.
And starter if he wants to continue playing.
Old 12-13-2020, 11:45 PM   #66
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
We have not a clue what kind of “muscle “ injury he has. The fact that the team is taking precautions his first month and a half starting again is a good thing. I don’t think he would be out there doing what he has done unless he is feeling well. If today was any indication, we should feel better knowing that our team understands the importance of him starting the rest of the season etc. They know his capabilities and limitations better than any of us do. For us to make any assumptions is ludicrous. Alex Smith has done something no one else in any sport has ever done, give the man a shot.
He does not pass the eye test. He is slow and can't push the ball downfield. We have to draft someone like Josh Allen. If we can do that we are on our way to competing for a SB.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 11:56 PM   #67
skinsfan0201
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
He does not pass the eye test. He is slow and can't push the ball downfield. We have to draft someone like Josh Allen. If we can do that we are on our way to competing for a SB.
Again, Franchise quarterbacks don’t grow on trees. Eye test, is completely subjective and obviously for you it’s stat filled. Josh Allen is a great player, but there is unlikely to be that caliber of a quarterback in the draft.
Old 12-14-2020, 12:21 AM   #68
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Smith was not good today, by any standards. Haskins can't come off the bench and win you a game, but he can lose a game for you. If the D wasn't spectacular today, this is easily a loss.
Chief X_Phackter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 12:28 AM   #69
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

If we can draft a MLB next year to pair with Holcomb, Bostic and KPL this D would be even more deadly. I love Bostic, but he's a little slow on coverage.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-14-2020, 12:53 AM   #70
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

SF Postgame

Quote:
Just being realistic and who are you? Alex's fluffer?

Lolol. Seriously. Anyone who thinks Smiths best days are ahead of him is just oblivious. Great story. It is over after this year.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 01:08 AM   #71
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Very happy about the W. However the qb play was terrible. Smith was bad today and I was surprised. Look I know SF has a good defense, but he was inaccurate on a lot of balls. Hopefully he'll rebound soon. Not ready to give up on him yet for sure.

Love, love this defense. The dline is awesome even without Matty I. Chase Young is a monster along with Sweat. Allen, Payne, and Settle are great. Incredible how many big plays they have made during this 4 game streak. The dline literally won us the game today despite SF having almost twice as many yards. Just crazy.

Bigtime shoutout to Kamren Curl. Making the Sooner state looking good. Boy can play. He is everywhere and loves contact. We found a gem here guys.

HTWFT!
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 01:10 AM   #72
Warthog
The Starter

Alex was bad in the first half, under throwing and overthrowing passes which is very unlike him. He couldn’t push off on the right leg which is why he was erratic.

We got into the red zone and that is where we sorely missed Gibson. We could have run up the score with him, but got only FG or misses when in the red zone.

Haskins looked good initially and then went downhill fast. He couldn’t even get a first down when we needed it. As has been said, that gross overthrow that sailed above McLauren was super dangerous and almost cost us the game. He will be traded because he isn’t good enough to be the #2 QB. We’ll get a Fifth or sixth rounder for him - another FU personnel decision by Dan Snyder.

The team MUST draft a QB with their First Round pick. Then draft for the OL - we are very thin there. Don’t think we should keep Martin, don’t keep wasting time on a guy who isn’t progressing. Resign Scherff - he wants to stay here!

The team can only win with Alex Smith healthy. This game was won by the defense, but we need an outstanding game from them and the offense to produce to consistently win.

Hopkins is an issue. Other kickers are consistently making FG well into the 50+ range. This team needs every FG because the offense is the weak link for this team. Next TC the team needs to have a kicking competition. If he misses many more, they should do it NOW.

We need to beat Seattle, which we can do with this super hot defense and Smith playing well. When is Gibson coming back??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 02:15 AM   #73
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Like I said last year, we were missing that key pass rusher that would elevate the DL to their potential, having RR influencing this young group instead of Gruden who was out picking up chicks also helps.

And Del Rio. He coached a great game too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-14-2020, 04:16 AM   #74
AnonEmouse
The Starter

What worries me a little is that Seattle are getting their sh1t together again. Yes it was the inept Jets, but it was probably the best team they could have faced to get back on track. They are going to be riding high after that, so we need to come out of practice this week with a solid game plan to make the most of the Seattle defensive frailties and contain Wilson. We need solid offense and particularly QB play to keep the ball away from them, and so we need Smith healthy and mistake free.

Metcalf and Lockett might be the best do we've faced all year, so we have to do what the Giants did and suffocate Wilson with pass rush. Me, I'd blitz the hell out of that OL, and try to deny him time to go deep. Need the defense to come out with another showing like the last 2 in what could be our biggest game this year.
AnonEmouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 06:18 AM   #75
vallin21
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallin21 View Post
-Chase Young is an ansolute STUD!!
-Sweat is a monster, although the roughing the passer penalty was so boneheaded
- Kam Curl has been a solid starter
- Hopkins with another miss. SMH
- Haskins has not improved. Sailed the ball over Terry’s head. Poor clock management at the end. Took an unecessary delay of game. I don’t see him on the roster in ‘21
-Bostic has had two great games
I forgot add this. Sims Jr, has regressed. Second week in a row with a key drop. Let SF down the ball at the 1, instead of returning or fair catching that punt. Too inconsistent, and too many key drops. A consistent Slot WR, to go along with McLaurin, C. Sims, Gibson, Thomas, McKissic next year, would only help our offense.
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote