Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Chase Young or Three First Round Picks?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-01-2020, 12:58 PM   #526
Ohioskins
Special Teams

Re: Chase Young or Three First Round Picks?

Chief X I am looking at their offensive line which is a really bad joke right now with just two proven legit NFL players on it right now. Heck they should have been looking to upgrade from Moses and instead he is now pretty much a lock to make the team. With a young QB, RR should have been looking to provide him with the best protection possible. He has not done that. Heck it does not even look as if he tried to develop a good quality offensive line to protect his young QB.

I want to be clear, I am not as concerned about the receivers. But to me he has failed in acquiring talent for a reliable offensive line.

Second, I am concerned about his failure to get a strong replacement for Dunbar. If he wants to be a defense first team, he should have spent the money to acquire a very good DB to replace Dunbar and have a true "lock down" defense. Derby IS NOT what I or any reasonable football should have had in mind.

The fact is the only "hole" RR seems to have filled is depth at RB if Guice is hurt again. Beyond that he has done nothing much. His acquisition for Fuller is off set by his loss of Dunbar.
Ohioskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-01-2020, 01:28 PM   #527
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioskins View Post
Chief X I am looking at their offensive line which is a really bad joke right now with just two proven legit NFL players on it right now. Heck they should have been looking to upgrade from Moses and instead he is now pretty much a lock to make the team. With a young QB, RR should have been looking to provide him with the best protection possible. He has not done that. Heck it does not even look as if he tried to develop a good quality offensive line to protect his young QB.

I want to be clear, I am not as concerned about the receivers. But to me he has failed in acquiring talent for a reliable offensive line.

Second, I am concerned about his failure to get a strong replacement for Dunbar. If he wants to be a defense first team, he should have spent the money to acquire a very good DB to replace Dunbar and have a true "lock down" defense. Derby IS NOT what I or any reasonable football should have had in mind.

The fact is the only "hole" RR seems to have filled is depth at RB if Guice is hurt again. Beyond that he has done nothing much. His acquisition for Fuller is off set by his loss of Dunbar.
Develop is the key word. I have heard more than once that they like the current roster, and are eager to see what they can get out of the current roster with better coaching and leadership.

Fact is, they have added to the O-line. Time will tell, but Lucas is probably equal to or better than Penn at this point in their careers. Martin showed what he's capable of and is probably equal to or better than Flowers - higher ceiling. The rest is the same, with arguably better depth now. They still have the TW situation to unfold, and I doubt they are done...

Patience is a virtue...
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:45 PM   #528
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
(US tax system always confuses me, but probably no worse than ours&#128522.
Actually, they have simplified our system. We have a new 2-line tax return form:

Line 1: How much did you earn in 2019?

Line 2: Send it in.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:52 PM   #529
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioskins View Post

You apparently seem certain that Darby won't return to his career norm. I'm not so sure about that and apparently RR isn't, either.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 04:18 PM   #530
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number44 View Post
You apparently seem certain that Darby won't return to his career norm. I'm not so sure about that and apparently RR isn't, either.
Players with Darby's injury history rarely do ,I think it was a decent signing for depth.
Old 04-01-2020, 11:58 PM   #531
Ohioskins
Special Teams

Depth yes. But he is being signed as a likely starter. That is the problem.
Ohioskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:14 AM   #532
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Currently your looking at Moreau/Fuller/Darby, with Moreland, Johnson, Stroman, Thomas as the backups.

I like the top 4, especially if Darby is fully healthy, but it wouldn't hurt to add another piece, either from a cap casualty before the season, or in the draft.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:57 AM   #533
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I'm sure Fuller will go back to the slot which is great.. Darby is a good 2 if he's healthy. Still need a #1
Old 04-02-2020, 11:11 AM   #534
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I think Fuller is currently the #1. Morneau or Darby will likely be the other outside CB, with Moreland in the slot. I can see them being interchangeable depending on the situation/personnel though.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:16 PM   #535
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Stephen A Smith says its a lock we take Young... That means we are screwed lol

Also added "The redskins would consider taking a QB, I've been told the owner is strongly against that, so I think they will be forced to take Young"

Last edited by skinsfaninok; 04-03-2020 at 02:38 PM.
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 05:32 AM   #536
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

Also added "The redskins would consider taking a QB, I've been told the owner is strongly against that, so I think they will be forced to take Young"

We get Chase Young. Let’s say he’s as good or as great as predicted. When was the last time the Redskins had a real Superstar? Sean Taylor, and then just for a couple years?

Having a real superstar like Young will transform our defense immediately. Sweat and the rest of the DL will be suddenly far better than before due to Young. Plus, the defensive coaching will move from being the worst in the NFL, to one of the best.

So we add a superstar at Edge. We change the coaching and improve it to the best in the NFL. We bring back Fuller and make other improvements. In one season we move from the bottom of the NFL for defense to the top of it. The offense will not improve that much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:24 AM   #537
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

lol forced to take Young... oh the horror of having to take the best player in the draft

Old 04-08-2020, 08:27 AM   #538
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
lol forced to take Young... oh the horror of having to take the best player in the draft

It's almost as bad as Beyonce forcing you to have sex with her.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 08:55 AM   #539
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
It's almost as bad as Beyonce forcing you to have sex with her.
Sounds like the worst nightmare that could ever happen

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 09:28 AM   #540
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Beyonce?? She's hot and all but give me Riahana