Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Playbook

new thread probation

Playbook

Old 02-08-2008, 10:02 AM   #46
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Re: new thread probation

Always. I usually spent the months of February to July in the Parking Lot and just graze the Locker Room from time to time to avoid the utter stupidity of some of the threads that pop up during the offseason. Then again, without those threads, people won't know what to do, or won't be able to hijack.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-08-2008, 10:16 AM   #47
WillH
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post
Don't know if you can do this or not...

But for those under 1,000 posts or something like that... you should temporarily redirect the user to the search page, or some kind of "Are you sure your not posting a retarded thread?" pop up message...

If people are too lazy to use google, they're probably too lazy to read the forum guidelines. This might be able to curb some of the duplicates and such...
Some of us under 1000 are not as irresponsible as others . . . jerk.
lol
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:16 AM   #48
Redskins
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
then the mods would get like tons of messages then they would have to read every single one and the aprrove or disapprove them. I wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy
Read it again. "Start of the thread", not each individual response to a thread. I doubt there are so many threads started each day that it would overwhelm anyone, except maybe those bored with the content. Obviously asking a MOD to review and approve/disapprove each individual response would be overwhelming.
Redskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:24 PM   #49
redduke44
Camp Scrub

GET A LIFE ,I use my computer for one reason and one reason and thats to stay on top of whats going on with my redskins and and the duke bluedevils i.e. REDDUKE44 Feel Me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Seems like the quality of new threads around here lately has been subpar at best. Too many duplicates, and too many worthless threads to put it bluntly.

In response to this please be aware that posting new threads is a privilege, one that will be taken away if you can't follow two simple guidelines.

#1, before you post you really need to review the first page of threads on whatever forum you are posting on. (Sometimes when there is breaking news duplicates happen and that's understandable and I wouldn't penalize someone for that. Also, I'm not talking about similar topics that may have taken place weeks or months ago. A duplicate is an obvious repeated thread, usually some sort of news and it's right there in plain sight on the first page of threads.)

#2 don't waste our time with whatever mindless thought is running through your head at the moment. Think before you post, try to imagine what type of discussion your thread will generate. Is it going to be meaningful discussion, or mindless banter? If it's the latter please don't bother.

Again, posting new threads is a privilege, one that will be taken away if you can't follow the two simple guidelines outlined above. This "new thread probation" as I call it has actually been in place for a while, I just thought it was time to make everyone aware of the possible consequences of repeatedly posting duplicate or worthless threads.

If your new thread privileges get taken away, it's for good. Sorry, no second chances.

Any questions let me know.
redduke44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:28 PM   #50
sancho2613
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by redduke44 View Post
GET A LIFE ,I use my computer for one reason and one reason and thats to stay on top of whats going on with my redskins and and the duke bluedevils i.e. REDDUKE44 Feel Me?

uh oh
Old 02-08-2008, 07:35 PM   #51
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Not really.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:20 PM   #52
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Mods here are SOOOOO much nicer than I would be. lol. I have to take weeks off because so many garbage threads give me a headache.

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:36 PM   #53
wilsowilso

Quote:
Oh I bet you use your computer for at least one more reason. Duke sucks and maybe so do you?
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:53 PM   #54
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Wrong answer. Off to the principal's office you go
Old 02-08-2008, 10:59 PM   #55
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
"I know what they do to guys like you in prison. I've watched Oz."

"Scrub scrub here, scrub scrub there! No matter if you're White or bronze. A man can wash another man in the merry old land of Oz."

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:18 AM   #56
GMScud
Swearinger

Great idea, great thread. Funny and informative. That dude skinzaholic said "Sha-Kow" in his thread! LOL!

Then redduke44 tells Matty to get a life? Sorry man, I didn't know you were so hard pressed to have unlimited thread starting privileges what with your 63 total posts in 18 months as a member.

Man I love this place.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:19 AM   #57
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
EVERYONE GET OUT OF THE SWING ZONE!!!

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:22 AM   #58
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Great idea, great thread. Funny and informative. That dude skinzaholic said "Sha-Kow" in his thread! LOL!

Then redduke44 tells Matty to get a life? Sorry dude, I didn't know you were so hard pressed to have unlimited thread starting privileges what with your 63 total posts in 18 months as a member.

Man I love this place.
Don't worry. He can always go over to ExtremeSkins and belittle the mods over there... But he might wake up with a horse head in his bed.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:43 AM   #59
MTK
\m/

Quote:
this place cracks me up sometimes.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:56 AM   #60
AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Don't worry. He can always go over to ExtremeSkins and belittle the mods over there... But he might wake up with a horse head in his bed.
I must say, I've started checking out ExtremeSkins to get another viewpoint on things, and maybe pick up some extra information. This site is soooooo much better, its not even funny. I've made some dumb posts before like all of us, but I'm glad we're going to keep this site clean and a place for "intelligent" discussion.
AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace is offline   Reply With Quote