Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

NFC East Champs

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-04-2021, 05:09 PM   #166
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: NFC East Champs

Conor Orr is just a whiny new york sports writer. There is no discussion in the league circles to punish the eagles, because there is no validity to any punishment. The eagles played their game with the plan the coach had stated ahead of the game.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-04-2021, 05:09 PM   #167
Giantone
Gamebreaker

ESPN’s Sal Paolantonio calls for NFL to investigate Eagles, Doug Pederson for tanking vs. Washington Football Team

...........and this.

https://www.nj.com/giants/2021/01/es...ball-team.html
Old 01-04-2021, 05:10 PM   #168
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Conor Orr is just a whiny new york sports writer. There is no discussion in the league circles to punish the eagles, because there is no validity to any punishment. The eagles played their game with the plan the coach had stated ahead of the game.

LOL, yeah ok.
Old 01-04-2021, 05:14 PM   #169
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
ESPN’s Sal Paolantonio calls for NFL to investigate Eagles, Doug Pederson for tanking vs. Washington Football Team

...........and this.

https://www.nj.com/giants/2021/01/es...ball-team.html
From your article

The NFL’s longstanding position has been that it’s solely the club’s decision regarding who to play, for now long, etc. So while the circumstances (Sunday) are unique, the*#Eagles*aren’t the first team to play backups in Week 17, and the league historically hasn’t gotten involved.

translation: suck it up buttercups

Old 01-04-2021, 05:22 PM   #170
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
From your article

The NFL’s longstanding position has been that it’s solely the club’s decision regarding who to play, for now long, etc. So while the circumstances (Sunday) are unique, the*#Eagles*aren’t the first team to play backups in Week 17, and the league historically hasn’t gotten involved.

translation: suck it up buttercups

LOL, talk to me Sunday.
Old 01-04-2021, 05:24 PM   #171
Giantone
Gamebreaker

https://twitter.com/CarlBanksGIII/st...44987570237441

Carl Banks
@CarlBanksGIII
Take the NYG out of the equation (they had chances to control their destiny), i am wondering if Pederson is trying to get fired. He owes the Giants nothing but he owes his team more respect that these moves.. i really do think he's trying to get out of Philly
Old 01-04-2021, 05:34 PM   #172
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

https://twitter.com/CarlBanksGIII/st...44987570237441

Carl Banks
@CarlBanksGIII
Take the NYG out of the equation (they had chances to control their destiny), i am wondering if Pederson is trying to get fired. He owes the Giants nothing but he owes his team more respect that these moves.. i really do think he's trying to get out of Philly
I was wondering this same thing.
Old 01-04-2021, 05:36 PM   #173
MissouriSkin
Special Teams

Quote:
LOL, talk to me Sunday.
You mean after our guys have played a playoff game and your guys have been playing golf.....😎
Old 01-04-2021, 05:36 PM   #174
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:
Yes , there is.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/04/ph...not-acceptable

HOME
NFL

The NFL Should Punish the Eagles For Their Shameful Display in Week 17
The Eagles seemingly had no interest in winning on Sunday, and the NFL should let teams know that isn't acceptable.
CONOR ORR16 HOURS AGO

The Eagles’ organizational plan to tank their final game for a better draft pick was somewhat obvious from the moment they put out their inactives list and healthy-scratched some of the veterans who could have helped them win their final game of the season.

It was slightly more evident when they rolled Jalen Hurts out on a fourth-and-four against one of the best defenses in football to try and score, in lieu of kicking a game-tying field goal with two minutes to play in the third quarter (yes, we know the math favored going for it, though one could make a sober, clear-headed argument for sensibly taking the points).

But the moment Doug Pederson pulled a seemingly healthy, effective Jalen Hurts from the football game after watching him successfully navigate one of the most aggressive defensive lines in the league (he had a poor passer rating but had two rushing touchdowns to cap long scoring drives), only to insert usual third-stringer Nate Sudfeld, the nakedly brazen maneuver quickly changed tenor from cheeky to macabre. In one minute, it went from something the NFL could laugh off and explain away through its media-sympathetic minions lacking the ability to filter critical information to something they should investigate and penalize.
LOL. You think that isn't NYG fans crying? LMAO. This is what I mean by not having a clue.

The NY fans and media are embarrassing themselves. Really.

This NY-centric "reporting" doesn't even address how poorly Hurts was playing (other than to lie and say he was "effective" and "successfully navigating"). 45 QBR isn't "effective" and "successfully navigating". The only "successful navigation" was by the officials throwing a flag on three consecutive third and long stops in the first scoring "drive" for PHIL. Hurts did absolutely zip in the second half. He was stopped cold. Again, no credit to the WFT defense at all, or to JDR's halftime adjustments, for that matter. It's ridiculous.

Do you even realize that you are discrediting our team with this whiny bs?
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 05:36 PM   #175
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriSkin View Post
You mean after our guys have played a playoff game and your guys have been playing golf.....😎
..............and dinner.
Old 01-04-2021, 05:37 PM   #176
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number44 View Post
LOL. You think that isn't NYG fans crying? LMAO. This is what I mean by not having a clue.

The NY fans and media are embarrassing themselves. Really.

This NY-centric "reporting" doesn't even address how poorly Hurts was playing (other than to lie and say he was "effective" and "successfully navigating"). 45 QBR isn't "effective" and "successfully navigating". The only "successful navigation" was by the officials throwing a flag on three consecutive third and long stops in the first scoring "drive" for PHIL. Hurts did absolutely zip in the second half. He was stopped cold. Again, no credit to the WFT defense at all, or to JDR's halftime adjustments, for that matter. It's ridiculous.

Do you even realize that you are discrediting our team with this whiny bs?
Spin how ever you want to feel better. You might want to read a few of my post's before you try that discredit shit with me.
Old 01-04-2021, 05:38 PM   #177
rocnrik
Playmaker

Whether we get the hell beat out of us next week or not The WFT won the NFC east !!! As far as tanking I can remember The redskins needing teams to win and they sat there starters and we missed playoffs ... this is nothing new at all !! And who knows for sure the eagles would have won ... Nobody knows ! I find the horrible refs more troubling than the eagles tanking .
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 05:42 PM   #178
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Not even close , teams already clinching a playoff berth have always rested players . To say you #1 priority is winning and not go for the tying field goal or sit your best QB for a third rounder makes you guys and the Eagle players look bad. I think Peterson is toast after tomorrow.
I don't see how it makes the WFT look bad. They were winning when Hurts came out, and didn't make the decision to pull him.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 05:44 PM   #179
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Yes , there is.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/04/ph...not-acceptable

HOME
NFL

The NFL Should Punish the Eagles For Their Shameful Display in Week 17
The Eagles seemingly had no interest in winning on Sunday, and the NFL should let teams know that isn't acceptable.
CONOR ORR16 HOURS AGO

The Eagles’ organizational plan to tank their final game for a better draft pick was somewhat obvious from the moment they put out their inactives list and healthy-scratched some of the veterans who could have helped them win their final game of the season.

It was slightly more evident when they rolled Jalen Hurts out on a fourth-and-four against one of the best defenses in football to try and score, in lieu of kicking a game-tying field goal with two minutes to play in the third quarter (yes, we know the math favored going for it, though one could make a sober, clear-headed argument for sensibly taking the points).

But the moment Doug Pederson pulled a seemingly healthy, effective Jalen Hurts from the football game after watching him successfully navigate one of the most aggressive defensive lines in the league (he had a poor passer rating but had two rushing touchdowns to cap long scoring drives), only to insert usual third-stringer Nate Sudfeld, the nakedly brazen maneuver quickly changed tenor from cheeky to macabre. In one minute, it went from something the NFL could laugh off and explain away through its media-sympathetic minions lacking the ability to filter critical information to something they should investigate and penalize.

......and from the Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...erson-tanking/
I didn't know Sports Illustrated had the power to take draft picks. Was that collectively bargained?
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 05:47 PM   #180
MissouriSkin
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I don't see how it makes the WFT look bad. They were winning when Hurts came out, and didn't make the decision to pull him.
We were winning the whole game except for one drive. This notion that some have that Hurts had the Eagles up by three TDs when he was pulled is actually quite funny.