Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-17-2018, 11:38 AM   #16
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: The Josh Johnson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Happy for the guy and for the team.
Still want Jay gone at the end of the season but credit him for this signing.

I also like the fact that the team seemed way more energised than the previous weeks. Is there a link? Don't know, but I think the difference between wins and losses for this team right now is pride or no pride, pumped up or deflated.

If they can stay pumped they might be able to pull this off. But I don't think this team under Gruden has shown the ability to sustain success.
This is why I think Tenessee's offense will move the ball at the very least a bit more than the Jags did against us. And I'm not sure our offense can give us enough to overcome that against their D.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
I said 8-8 would have been a good season back in August, now it would be a very good season considering we lost Alex at 6-3. I will admit Jay showed me something yesterday, he called better plays in the 2nd half and let JJ run more. That element is a big factor on defenses.

Advertisements
Old 12-17-2018, 12:16 PM   #17
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Happy for the guy and for the team.
Still want Jay gone at the end of the season but credit him for this signing.

I also like the fact that the team seemed way more energised than the previous weeks.
That is obvious, but why did it happen? Did JJ get them fired up? Most looked like they flat out quit against the Giants, against the Jags it was a different team.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:32 PM   #18
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
That is obvious, but why did it happen? Did JJ get them fired up? Most looked like they flat out quit against the Giants, against the Jags it was a different team.
As I said, don't know if there's a link... But didn't you feel like everybody tried a little harder when Josh came in than when Mark Sanchez was playing during the Giants game ?
I thought the same thing when Colt came in after Smith's injury... so, and I know I'm making a shaky point here, but stay with me, I'm guessing there might be something to a locker room generally being inclined to like the back up QB, and be excited for the guy's opportunity when he gets one...

I mean I get a D prepares for one guy and then gets to play another one that they didn't gameplan for... but how many times have we seen a team have more success when their back up QB came in ? Just this year look at the Eagles, the niners, and us... Ok and then there's Cody Kessler to prove me wrong...

But I do think to a certain extent the empathy for "the other guy" can be a mental boost for a locker room, if the said other guy has the leadership ability to create that.
Old 12-17-2018, 01:12 PM   #19
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

He did a good job yesterday. There's still two remaining games. He'll turn 33 before next season and the Redskins already have two other QB over 30....Plus the team would be wise to draft at least two quarterbacks because youth is needed at that position. J
Johnson is not the answer....even as a 3rd string QB.
Old 12-17-2018, 01:13 PM   #20
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Since Lamar Jackson has taken over the Ravens vaulted from 27th rushing in the league to 7th. Before yesterday in the five games he played they out ran the opposing team by over 600 yards. That is TOP and ball control. Injuries can be an issue but in designed runs hits are limited. The key is deception in hand offs and defense having to respect the RPO. oh what could have been if RG3 took care of his body
Baltimore is riding the ground game right now and they should. But it will eventually crash and burn. You can't run that type of offense in the NFL. Baltimore will get behind in games at some point and they will be helpless. Also it's a matter of time before Jackson will get hurt.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:29 PM   #21
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Baltimore is riding the ground game right now and they should. But it will eventually crash and burn. You can't run that type of offense in the NFL. Baltimore will get behind in games at some point and they will be helpless. Also it's a matter of time before Jackson will get hurt.
Lamar is a terrible passer, I can't believe the Ravens think he's the future. He's RG3 all over and u are right eventually he's going to get hurt taking those hits.
Old 12-17-2018, 09:14 PM   #22
MTK
\m/

What impressed me most about JJ was his poise. He did a good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-17-2018, 10:00 PM   #23
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

I’ve been saying since he came in for Sanchez in the Giants game that I liked what I saw and that it’s all aboard the JJ train for 9-7 and a playoff birth...welcome aboard all.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:01 PM   #24
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Lamar is a terrible passer, I can't believe the Ravens think he's the future. He's RG3 all over and u are right eventually he's going to get hurt taking those hits.
He is a bad passer. I saw a statistic on TV that the only QB ever to improve on the completion percentage from college to the pros was Joe Montana. So basically you have a guy in college with a 63% completion percentage don't expect them to start hitting 65% of their passes.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:13 PM   #25
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I’ve been saying since he came in for Sanchez in the Giants game that I liked what I saw and that it’s all aboard the JJ train for 9-7 and a playoff birth...welcome aboard all.
Listening to him talk post game I was hoping the Skins let him keep the jersey, he had such a great attitude.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:19 AM   #26
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Is he better than Sanchize? Yeah, but that bar was set incredibly low. Sanchize couldn't even complete passes.

I like JJ and all but the reality is he's a backup qb who will be 33 next year. Maybe it's time to get younger at the position.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:26 AM   #27
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Is he better than Sanchize? Yeah, but that bar was set incredibly low. Sanchize couldn't even complete passes.

I like JJ and all but the reality is he's a backup qb who will be 33 next year. Maybe it's time to get younger at the position.
Uncertainty regarding Alex Smith's injury situation next year, as well as the fact that Colt has been injury prone as a pro, we almost have to have a young #3 QB in case he is needed. If Alex doesn't start at the beginning of next year, or misses most / all of next season, then Colt will be QB1. Could Josh Johnson be the backup, and then have a #3 draft pick / affordable QB at #3?
Old 12-18-2018, 08:15 AM   #28
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Uncertainty regarding Alex Smith's injury situation next year, as well as the fact that Colt has been injury prone as a pro, we almost have to have a young #3 QB in case he is needed. If Alex doesn't start at the beginning of next year, or misses most / all of next season, then Colt will be QB1. Could Josh Johnson be the backup, and then have a #3 draft pick / affordable QB at #3?
These 2 may not even be in DC next yr
Old 12-18-2018, 08:17 AM   #29
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
What impressed me most about JJ was his poise. He did a good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He has that "I have nothing to lose" attitude and that works in our favor.
Old 12-18-2018, 07:07 PM   #30
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

Definitely not the future by any means, but it could be an awesome little story if he wins out and we get a playoff birth. Would certainly deserve a backup spot next year if he pulls it off.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote