Washington Redskins, B+
1 (22) (from Houston) Josh Doctson, WR, TCU
2 (53) Su’a Cravens, S, USC
3 (84) Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
5 (152) (from New Orleans) Matt Ioannidis, DT, Temple
6 (187) (from New Orleans) Nate Sudfeld, QB, Indiana
7 (232) (from Tampa Bay) Steven Daniels, ILB, Boston College
7 (242) Keith Marshall, RB, Georgia

Day 1: Washington gets the No. 2 receiver on the PFF draft board in Doctson, who posted the top receiving grade in the nation last year at +28.9 despite playing only 582 snaps. He adds another dimension to a well-rounded group of pass-catchers in Washington, as he uses his outstanding body control to make plays down the field. He may end up as the most productive deep receiver in the class.

Day 2: Whether playing safety or linebacker, Cravens simply knows how to defeat blocks and make plays in both the run game (+10.8 grade, seventh-best in the class) and in coverage (+8.3, eighth in class). Fuller has some boom-or-bust to him, as he was solid in 2014 but struggled to a negative coverage grade before going down to injury early in 2015.

Day 3: Ioannidis notched 33 pressures last season, good for 11th in the class. He adds an interior pass-rusher to the mix. Daniels posted the top grade against the run among the nation’s linebackers and he reads plays and blows them up as well as any linebacker in the class.

Advertisements
Old 04-30-2016, 10:09 PM   #167
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Re: Day 3 NFL Draft 2016 Rounds 4-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
This is how a grown ass man runs an organization. McLovin for the win.
It's just amazing the difference. You see it permeating the whole organization.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:13 PM   #168
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinJake View Post
Jeremy Cash SS out of Duke and Jack Allen C are two of the guys I'm looking at..

Jeremy Cash was a 3 time All-America member, how in the fuck does he not get drafted?
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 10:53 PM   #169
Skinsfanatic
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Jeremy Cash was a 3 time All-America member, how in the fuck does he not get drafted?
Exactly. I mean, I hate Duke too, but come on.
Skinsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 07:17 AM   #170
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfanatic View Post
Exactly. I mean, I hate Duke too, but come on.
Cash sign's with Carolina Panthers .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 08:22 AM   #171
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Walter Football Grades:

NFL Draft Individual Grades:

22. Josh Doctson, WR, TCU B+ Grade
The wide receivers in this class were pretty much like ice cream flavors. Everyone seemed to have a favorite one. Laquon Treadwell was No. 1 according to the media, but some teams had Corey Coleman, or William Fuller, or Josh Doctson atop their positional rankings. Doctson may not be a logical choice in terms of need for the Redskins, given that they have DeSean Jackson and Pierre Garcon, but the former happens to be an impending free agent following the 2016 campaign. Doctson will likely be Washington's top receiver in 2017, so I have a feeling this pick will pan out.

53. Su'a Cravens, S/LB, USC B+ Grade
It'll be interesting to see where the Redskins use Su'a Cravens. He can fill both of their voids at safety and linebacker, and I'm sure the Redskins won't be scared to use Cravens in both roles as a hybrid safety-linebacker to cover tight ends. I had Cravens in the first round of my mock a couple of months ago (I since moved him down to No. 62), so I think the range is right to take him at this spot.

84. Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech A+ Grade
I'm about seven picks behind in my grades as of this writing, as the NFL once again has not learned how to air the NFL Draft correctly. I'll delve into how it can fix this problem later, but I've been eager to get to this grade. That's because there's an absolute idiot troll who calls himself "Walter is Still a Moron" on the comment boards who gave me so much crap for repeatedly mocking Kendall Fuller to his Redskins, constantly citing that I was stupid for giving Washington a "small" corner (even though Fuller is 6-0). We actually heard that the Redskins liked Fuller a lot and were going to consider him in Round 2 before the Josh Norman signing. Washington still liked him enough to pass on him at this juncture, though. The team is making a great pick, as Fuller would've been a first-round choice if it wasn't for his injury concerns.

152. Matt Ioannidis, DE/DT, Temple B Grade
It took a while for the Redskins to address their defensive line, as they considered doing so in the first round. They're getting a solid player in Matt Ioannidis who was productive at Temple. He tested poorly at the Combine, but he should emerge as a quality rotational lineman for Washington.

187. Nate Sudfeld, QB, Indiana B- Grade
Vernon Adams probably would've been a better option, but I don't hate this pick. Nate Sudfeld has the size (6-6, 234) to perhaps give him a chance to be a No. 2 at some point, but accuracy and inconsistency issues are things he'll have to overcome.

232. Steven Daniels, ILB, Boston College B Grade
Steven Daniels makes sense at this juncture, and it wouldn't have been the worst idea had a team picked him a round earlier. Daniels was very productive at Boston College, but dropped because of a severe lack of athleticism. However, Daniels can be a two-down run-stuffer, and the Redskins needed depth in the middle of their defense.

242. Keith Marshall, RB, Georgia B+ Grade
I'm all for picking players with immense upside in the seventh round, and that certainly happens to be the case with Keith Marshall. The Georgia product began his collegiate career with a bang, but he never recovered from a torn ACL he sustained a couple of years ago. Marshall, however, possesses quality talent, so perhaps he'll eventually become 100 percent and contribute for the Redskins, who needed running back depth in the wake of Alfred Morris' departure.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 10:16 AM   #172
DYoungJelly
The Starter

I'm really happy with this draft.

Our top 3 picks have the potential to contribute immediately.

The back end are solid work horses who will practice and play hard and provide instant special teams depth.
Old 05-01-2016, 03:26 PM   #173
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Excited to see the RB's speed
Old 05-01-2016, 03:28 PM   #174
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Hopefully this Will be potentionally our third straight solid draft.
Old 05-01-2016, 03:32 PM   #175
30gut
Playmaker

I love Stephen Daniels. He brings the 'thump' that is missing from the LBs corp.
Probably can't cover on 3rd downs...but how different does that make him from Reggie Ragland? In fact if you swapped jerseys and watched them play I know I would be hard pressed to tell them apart.

He may start off as depth/special teams player. But, this kid can play.

Iondis may not add much in terms of run stopping as 34 DE.
But, he adds to the interior pass rush depth. Stephen Paea will have to step up to match Hatchers interior pressures and Ionadis will help pick up the slack or add to the interior push in our pressure packages.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 03:35 PM   #176
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

I was a bit annoyed at the loss of the 4th rounder but really happy with all of our picks.
This draft still baffles me.
It was supposed to be all a about DTs but it wasnt.
Even the other teams didnt suck them up that quickly.
I wanted (after we got Norman)
DT
DT
C
Didnt even come close.....
Old 05-01-2016, 03:38 PM   #177
skinsfan69
Living Legend

The draft was all about BPA, not need.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 03:43 PM   #178
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The draft was all about BPA, not need.
Many here don't subscribe to the BPA philosophy yet...but Scott will bring them around.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 04:29 PM   #179
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
Many here don't subscribe to the BPA philosophy yet...but Scott will bring them around.
Its the only legit philosophy for a draft. I know there are some that will claim we will go multiple drafts in a row taking 7 QBs, but we all know thats not going to happen.

Drafting for need gets you lesser players across the board over time. Drafting BPA gets you much better players across the board over time.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 08:08 PM   #180
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Matt Ioannidis:

Position fit:

DE in a 3-4 or 3-technique DT in a 4-3 defense.
Stats to know:

Had the seventh-highest pass-rush grade in the nation this past season. Earned a positive grade in every area of the game PFF measures.
What he does best:

• Reads the game. Ioannidis lined up all over the defensive line in Temple’s multiple fronts, and was asked to play both one- and two-gaps. Whatever he was tasked to do, he was very good at reading the play, as well as dealing with his blockers, often looking blocked, but flowing to the path of the running back and getting in on the play. Also gets his hands in passing lanes; he batted down three passes in 2015.

• Rushes the passer. He isn’t a bad player in any facet, but his best attribute is rushing the passer, and his production would likely have been higher had he been allowed to purely play one-gap every snap, rather than spend time at nose tackle or head-up over blockers. Ioannidis notched 33 total pressures this past season and 67 over the past two seasons, and was consistently disrupting the pocket.

• Works for the duration of the play. High-motor may sound like a cliché, but Ioannidis isn’t blocked just because initial surge doesn’t work—he’s prepared to spin the other way, keep fighting, and generally keep working his way to the ball, which produces some late positive plays.

• Temple had him playing all across the D-line, all the way from traditional 3-4 nose tackle, head-up over the center, to the edge of the defense outside of the tackle. He won’t be asked to do nearly as much in the NFL, but the fact that he was able to give all of those techniques a good effort bodes well for his ability to adjust to the next level.

• Can throw on anchors against double teams really well for a player of his size.
Biggest concern:

• He isn’t the best athlete in the world. Wins more with strength and motor than he does with quickness and burst, which is an issue for a guy best-suited for a one-gap system, because the standard of lineman in the NFL is far higher.

• Doesn’t have an array of pass-rushing moves. Usually just attacks a gap and then works towards the ball. He’ll use an occasional spin move, but needs to add a variety of ways to win to his repertoire.

• Was virtually eliminated from the game as a pass-rusher when he faced Notre Dame, arguably the best line Temple played against over the past two seasons. That will raise question marks about how his play will translate to the NFL level. Recorded no pressures in 31 pass-rushing snaps in that game.
Pro style comparison:

Kendall Langford, Indianapolis Colts. Like Ioannidis, Langford isn’t the best athlete in the world, but he has been able to be relatively productive as an interior pass-rusher across multiple schemes in his NFL career. His potential was seen as perhaps higher than he ever fully realized, and there is a danger that also rings true for Ioannidis.
Bottom line:

Matt Ioannidis was an extremely productive college player for Temple, where he was one of the most important parts of a very good defense. He played all over their defensive line and was a consistently-disruptive force. He figures to be scheme diverse in the NFL, and has skills that should translate, but the concern is that he just doesn’t have the required athleticism to continue that production at the next level against better athletes. He is a very intriguing prospect, and a player with a lot to like, and who should fit any scheme in the NFL.

11 (232) Washington Redskins: Steven Daniels, ILB, Boston College

Steven Daniels had the highest PFF grade among all linebackers in the entire nation this past season. He has the highest run defense grade in the country as well. He also notched positive grades in coverage and as a pass rusher on the blitz. On tape he is a hard-hitting monster, but he lacks the measurable profile and timed speed the NFL covets, which is why he dropped so far. Daniels could be one of the steals of the draft.

Keith Marshall:

WATCH: UGA RB who runs 'crazy 40 times' almost breaks combine record - CBSSports.com

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote