Offseason starts now: A Redskins players thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-07-2019, 06:27 PM   #136
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Offseason starts now: A Redskins players thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
What was DJ really going to get in a trade, if anything? Dude was available to any of the playoff teams and he was claimed by Arizona.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IIRC he was claimed off waivers by AZ, who was also #1 on the waiver wire. So it's not like they had a chance.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-07-2019, 10:07 PM   #137
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
IIRC he was claimed off waivers by AZ, who was also #1 on the waiver wire. So it's not like they had a chance.
Besides the trading deadline was long gone.....
Old 01-07-2019, 11:03 PM   #138
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Besides the trading deadline was long gone.....
Lol. You wait til the off-season ..point is they tried to pat themselves on the back and make their balls Look big a game before the end of the season and get nothing instead of something ... Fuckin ignorant egotistical STUPID move.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:33 AM   #139
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsrcnfan View Post
yeah I heard of it a few minutes ago...yeah bruce allen still staying possibly staying football ops but hope not . wishing ad hoping he goes to the business side but not looking good Again..
Actually bringing back guys BA knew in the bisiness side might be an indication that he is putting his guys in before he switches over. But it could also mean nothing...
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 03:01 PM   #140
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

The way C.J. Anderson destroys the cowboys, he officially in the conversation to back up Guice.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 03:02 PM   #141
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The way C.J. Anderson destroys the cowboys, he officially in the conversation to back up Guice.
I'd keep AD

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2019, 03:21 PM   #142
Randall Nestor
Special Teams

I like AP and appreciate what he did for us this year, but I do think we need a big upgrade to back up guice. CJ Anderson did run well.
Randall Nestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 05:28 PM   #143
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Here's something that's been on my mind since week 7...I know I'm not alone on this...

Looking at this Redskins roster on offense, do you think the Redskins front office can do better?

I look at Chris Thompson, Josh Doctson, Shawn Lavou, Paul Richardson, and even Alex Smith and think while these players do have talent there have to be players in free agency or the draft that can improve the offensive side of the ball....for example I like Chris Thompson but elusive HBs whose game is similar to his like Alvin Kamara(who is two times better than Thompson) can be found...I think there are players in every role/position that are better than what the Redskins currently have....when I hear stories of Jay Gruden favoring Rob Kelley it bothers me.....because there are HBs who are FAs that are better than Rob Kelley...this front office is way behind.
Old 01-16-2019, 01:39 PM   #144
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I'd let Smith walk, then sign either Za'Darius Smith, DE/OLB Ravens or Dante Fowler - Rams .

Amos S from Chicago is another guy we should look at.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:55 AM   #145
WillH
The Starter

So, the organization is a dumpster fire and so nothing else really matters until that changes, but I can't help but keep looking at the players and where the needs are etc.

I'm so frustrated about our QB situation. I feel like if 1 of 2 or 3 gus are there at 15 we have to take a shot at them because it's likely worth the draft capital considering how limited our options are with the cap and Smith's contract. Even if they go down in flames next year, the QB class next year will be much better and Skins will be in position to take advantage and no harm done. You have 2 going guys to compete and one becomes your backup or becomes trade worthy or whatever. BUT....

What is so Fing frustrating about that is that this class of speed edge rushers is nasty, and one of them will fall to the Skins. With P. Smith leaving and frankly mediocre output from the position overall for several years, it is the one missing piece from a front 7 that may be the best unit this team has had in 20 years. I love Kerrigan and Smith was good too and I like Ryan Anderson alot too, but none of them is a speed rush guy.

Polite, Josh Allen, or Austin Bryant would make us soooooo much better.

I guess the other option is to pick a QB in the later rounds as a project and insurance for injury and hope Colt can make it through a season, and draft a QB next year, but I think if Kyler Murray is left on the board you gotta take him....Damnit

Old 01-17-2019, 08:28 AM   #146
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I'd let Smith walk, then sign either Za'Darius Smith, DE/OLB Ravens or Dante Fowler - Rams .

Amos S from Chicago is another guy we should look at.
I'm little surprised to see that Smith was rated #8 as OLB by PFF (according to nfl.com); I don't know much about Za'Darius Smith, I have always liked Fowler, I wanted us to draft him but Jags got to him first. It is obvious Jags didn't utilize him well since Fowler is playing really well for Rams..

So much for the thought that our safeties are established for next few years with DJ and Nicholson.. I honestly don't mind giving Nicholson another chance to prove himself. It's tough to assess Clinton-Dix's performance without knowing what coaches have been doing with him since we traded for him; I would let Manusky and Gray (or new DB coach) decide what to do with him.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:35 AM   #147
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
So, the organization is a dumpster fire and so nothing else really matters until that changes, but I can't help but keep looking at the players and where the needs are etc.

I'm so frustrated about our QB situation. I feel like if 1 of 2 or 3 gus are there at 15 we have to take a shot at them because it's likely worth the draft capital considering how limited our options are with the cap and Smith's contract. Even if they go down in flames next year, the QB class next year will be much better and Skins will be in position to take advantage and no harm done. You have 2 going guys to compete and one becomes your backup or becomes trade worthy or whatever. BUT....

What is so Fing frustrating about that is that this class of speed edge rushers is nasty, and one of them will fall to the Skins. With P. Smith leaving and frankly mediocre output from the position overall for several years, it is the one missing piece from a front 7 that may be the best unit this team has had in 20 years. I love Kerrigan and Smith was good too and I like Ryan Anderson alot too, but none of them is a speed rush guy.
Polite, Josh Allen, or Austin Bryant would make us soooooo much better.

I guess the other option is to pick a QB in the later rounds as a project and insurance for injury and hope Colt can make it through a season, and draft a QB next year, but I think if Kyler Murray is left on the board you gotta take him....Damnit

Exactly how Ive been feeling since around week 3-4 of the season. I was pulling up Edge rushers draft prospects because when I saw the defense playing so well I thought, whats missing? That special speed rusher coming off the edge...it could elevate the unit into the "great" area. I had them pegged for a pass rusher early in the draft...but your right. Now with the QB need we will probably reach. Im gonna be honest, I wouldn't reach if I didn't believe 100% this is a great passing talent...the reason I say that is why spend the pick if a new regime comes in next year? They simply may not want this guy at the most important position on the field and we know (and they do too) QB position will get you fired.

You know who I ultimately blame for why we have never taken drafting a young QB seriously recently? Jay Gruden....he isn't a good personnel guy at all....he set us up by committing too much to Colt McCoy....he never wanted to bring a young guy in to learn the position. Jay chose to ride with an injury prone Colt McCoy as a "his guy." Let me be real clear..."Jay's guys" have been garbage for his offense and this roster.

So I agree with your assessment...replacing Preston with a speed rusher woulda been my choice for top pick this year...Id still do it too.

He Gets Us
Old 01-17-2019, 08:47 AM   #148
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

You always draft for BPA, and if you get lucky the BPA fills a need too. Too much of a crapshoot to take a guy you think isn't the best pick in the hopes he saves the franchise.

This qb class is weak. I'd rather take the pass rusher, take the L this season (that we know we're gonna take anyways) and focus on having the best roster available for 2020 when the qb class will be better.

DS seems to be saying there's no point in making changes this year with our situation being so terrible. Even with incoming talent I still don't think Gruden is the coach to get us over the average hump. Hopefully this year will be injury free, and if things go as expected we will hopefully be looking at ditching Bruce Allen and most likely Gruden after this year.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:07 AM   #149
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Here's something that's been on my mind since week 7...I know I'm not alone on this...

Looking at this Redskins roster on offense, do you think the Redskins front office can do better?

I look at Chris Thompson, Josh Doctson, Shawn Lavou, Paul Richardson, and even Alex Smith and think while these players do have talent there have to be players in free agency or the draft that can improve the offensive side of the ball....for example I like Chris Thompson but elusive HBs whose game is similar to his like Alvin Kamara(who is two times better than Thompson) can be found...I think there are players in every role/position that are better than what the Redskins currently have....when I hear stories of Jay Gruden favoring Rob Kelley it bothers me.....because there are HBs who are FAs that are better than Rob Kelley...this front office is way behind.
All injury prone players...develop a strategy that moves away from pursuing these types in FA or to a lesser extent, the draft.

And I agree...Vernon davis, Rob Kelley, ryan grant, colt McCoy....these Jay Gruden guys are garbage who you cant win with. Jay should be removed from input of talent evaluation. He clearly doesn't know what hes doing.

He Gets Us
Old 01-17-2019, 09:30 AM   #150
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://twitter.com/PFF_AustinGayle/...06220028796930

I'd go all in on Clark, when have u ever seen Smith or RK make a play like this?