C 2 2.94%
D 0 0%
F 1 1.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2020, 09:51 PM   #436
rocnrik
Impact Rookie

Re: Ron Rivera Thread

The way I see it is simple ... treat everyone with respect .. become color blind cause we are all the same .. the culture you grow up in has a lot to do with a persons attitude .. most people are kind and when injustice is being done we need each otherís back .. I understand the cop deal I really do .. major reform is needed !! What I canít wrap my mind around is the Anti American attitude and the whole everything offends me attitude (redskin name for example) .. is it ever gonna end ?
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-21-2020, 10:42 PM   #437
sdskinsfan2001
Franchise Player

I'm excited about Ron Rivera as our HC!!!

I'll talk about my real opinion in a non Redskins post.

Not calling anyone out because I just did the same thing recently. I'm as guilty as anyone else of this.

Let's get back to strictly football talk here.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:44 AM   #438
SunnySide
Impact Rookie

Heard Al Galdi commenting on some recent RR quotes. I caught the tail end of it on the radio but Galdi's gist was RR was basically saying the Skins can be patient year 1, they didnt have to make big splashes in FA and dont view year 1 under RR as a win now mode.

It makes perfect sense. Use year 1 to set up year 2, when we can have expectations.
"We haven't put it together. We've made too many mistakes on game day. But the effort. The effort of the players and the rest of this organization is fantastic," Redskins Team President Bruce Allen said in early October.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:21 AM   #439
mooby
liberal snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Heard Al Galdi commenting on some recent RR quotes. I caught the tail end of it on the radio but Galdi's gist was RR was basically saying the Skins can be patient year 1, they didnt have to make big splashes in FA and dont view year 1 under RR as a win now mode.

It makes perfect sense. Use year 1 to set up year 2, when we can have expectations.
I'm fine with those expectations but the closer we get to football season with no progress on coronavirus the more I worry about postpones/cancellations.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:32 AM   #440
SunnySide
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm fine with those expectations but the closer we get to football season with no progress on coronavirus the more I worry about postpones/cancellations.
Yeah ... it could go many different ways at this point. Not to always be posting "I heard galdi say on the radio .. " but he and doc we talking the restart. I, like always, got in the car half way though so I dont know the report/context but a couple of things ..

- Teams may travel on game day if it allows. So skins would travel to Philly, Pitts, NY etc on game day. To avoid the hassle of trying to secure and clean hotel rooms.

- They mentioned possibly pushing kickoff back from 1 pm to allow teams to pull this off better ... if there are no fans in stands.

- Steelers for some reason they said may have fans in stands even if other teams wouldnt. I do not know the context for that comment. I guess its hot spots vs cold spots. I think there will need to be a uniform policy league wide though. Competitive balance.

----------

NHL was looking at Florida or Vegas as the 2 hub cities for their games ... but now are looking to Canada, given Florida and Vegas being hot spots. That doesnt give them much time. I wonder if the NHL timeline may be pushed back.

--------------

MLS is currently playing in the bubble in Florida that the NBA is set to use.

^^ they say this costs $65 per meal ... NBA players are not having that. Literally and figuratively.
"We haven't put it together. We've made too many mistakes on game day. But the effort. The effort of the players and the rest of this organization is fantastic," Redskins Team President Bruce Allen said in early October.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:32 AM   #441
MTK
\m/

Well they did try to make a big splash with Cooper. That said year 1 definitely isn't win now mode but I'm sure everyone would like to see big improvements.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:37 AM   #442
SunnySide
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Well they did try to make a big splash with Cooper. That said year 1 definitely isn't win now mode but I'm sure everyone would like to see big improvements.
Yeah they did. I wonder if they mean like not adding pricey vets who would help in 2020 but are not long term pieces vs a young player like Cooper who would be a long term piece.

A la Earl Thomas. Good god, that contract is looking bad.
Old 07-01-2020, 03:14 PM   #443
SunnySide
Impact Rookie

I know I am posting a lot today ... but is Ron Rivera rocking a facemask of Ron Rivera rocking a face mask?

Kinda a boss man move right there.
Old 07-01-2020, 03:15 PM   #444
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:

I know I am posting a lot today ... but is Ron Rivera rocking a facemask of Ron Rivera rocking a face mask?

Nice!
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 03:19 PM   #445
MTK
\m/

What's he afraid of a little Rona? What a wuss
Old 07-04-2020, 04:33 PM   #446
Warthog
The Starter

Ron Rivera Thread

I think youíll see Ron Rivera make some changes from how he did things with the Panthers. This is the second half of his coaching career. I believe he had an honest review of his time as the Panthers coach - what he did right and wrong. He will look at successful strategies and new tactics from other coaches.

BL - Rivera will be a different HC than he was before. He didnít win a SB with his last team and now he must change to get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Last edited by Warthog; 07-05-2020 at 01:52 PM.
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 09:55 PM   #447
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:

Nice, looks like a coach with 3 winning seasons out of 9. Get my britches tickly.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 10:14 PM   #448
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

Thatís how to rock a mask the right way. HTTR