Offseason: Around the NFL

Redskins Locker Room

Old 06-29-2020, 12:43 PM   #346
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Offseason: Around the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I agree, but He did a lot of this to himself as well. Multiple times he had opportunities but he kinda pissed it away including last year.

At the end of the day, coaches didnít want to put up with a headache, back up quarterback. It wasnít worth it.
You're completely sold on the owners version, but basically teams were either not giving him opportunities or lowballing him. CK didn't get a fair chance, and even when they gave him a chance, which was nothing than a PR stunt by the league, they wanted to create a legal loophole for them to escape from any wrongdoing.

Coaches put up with a lot of headaches, and I'm sure many would have given CK a chance. Owners didn't want to piss off the racist orange fool in the WH or anger racist NFL fans, and they screwed him.

Again, many fans are wayyy too brainwashed by owners IMO.
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-29-2020, 12:50 PM   #347
SunnySide
Impact Rookie

Kaep should have been on a team in some capacity .. but his skill set would require a team/HC to mold a playbook and team around him and I dont think his skills were good enough to entice an organization to build completely around him.

The Ravens were a possibility ... but that organization shows its willing to get creative and think outside the "must get prototypical pocket QB" thinking.

Now --- his skill set and time away makes him a non player imo.

He had a few decent years (2?) but he was never a franchise QB or anything .. Kaep ship has long ago sailed imo.

Honestly, this is the most I have thought about him in years.
"We haven't put it together. We've made too many mistakes on game day. But the effort. The effort of the players and the rest of this organization is fantastic," Redskins Team President Bruce Allen said in early October.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 12:57 PM   #348
MTK
\m/

He was never given a legit shot to return. And the idea he isn't good enough to be at least a backup is ridiculous.
Old 06-29-2020, 01:09 PM   #349
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

In my whiny Thom Loverro voice: ďIs the juice worth the squeezing?Ē

Look at AB, best receiver in the league is a free agent. Is he worth the headache?
Old 06-29-2020, 01:13 PM   #350
MTK
\m/

Quote:
In my whiny Thom Loverro voice: ďIs the juice worth the squeezing?Ē

Look at AB, best receiver in the league is a free agent. Is he worth the headache?
So let's just admit he was blackballed and stop with all the other BS excuses

He settled with the league, they paid him off to go away and keep quiet
Old 06-29-2020, 01:16 PM   #351
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post

Exactly.
R.I.P. #21

Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Old 06-29-2020, 01:20 PM   #352
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

I donít think he was honestly....I think both Seattle and Baltimore had legit interest and could have signed him. Baltimore from my understanding had a contract ready, but we know how that ended. How he handled that opportunity made him toxic, put a lot of people off.

Maybe he comes back this year? Who knows, who cares
Old 06-29-2020, 01:23 PM   #353
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
I donít think he was honestly....I think both Seattle and Baltimore had legit interest and could have signed him. Baltimore from my understanding had a contract ready, but we know how that ended. How he handled that opportunity made him toxic, put a lot of people off.

Maybe he comes back this year? Who knows, who cares
Well you care enough to keep bringing all this BS to excuse the league apparently.
R.I.P. #21

Stroried - Agianst

Old 06-29-2020, 02:00 PM   #354
SunnySide
Impact Rookie

Quote:
He was never given a legit shot to return. And the idea he isn't good enough to be at least a backup is ridiculous.
Would Kaep have accepted a backup role in 2017 or 2018? I thought he wanted to be a starter or nothing.

3 surgeries entering the 2016 season, including a shoulder surgery, had lost muscle and weight, was see-sawing with Blaine Gabbert for starts in 2016.

Kyle Shannahan is the new HC in 2017 and said he doesnt fit his scheme.

I just dont think Kaep fit many schemes and teams werent willing to tear everything down to build and mold around his skill set .. bc he was an above average QB, prior to injuries and decrease in his play.

I dont think any team would have signed him as their clear starter in 2017, even if he didnt kneel.

Would he have gotten more opportunities? Yes .. but if he wouldnt consider a back up role .. then he kinda self limited as well.

I think he was black balled a bit .. but if he was a better Qb or not so injured and on the decline, talent trumps and I think he would have gotten a chance.

He was a declining Qb entering 2017, at best was an above average QB at peak.
"We haven't put it together. We've made too many mistakes on game day. But the effort. The effort of the players and the rest of this organization is fantastic," Redskins Team President Bruce Allen said in early October.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:14 PM   #355
MTK
\m/

Look no further than our situation here in 2018 when we were down to Mark Sanchez and Josh Johnson. Can't tell me those guys were better options than CK.

Kyle said CK wasn't a fit? Funny given the similarities in RG3's game and CK's.

Blackballed.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:25 PM   #356
SunnySide
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Look no further than our situation here in 2018 when we were down to Mark Sanchez and Josh Johnson. Can't tell me those guys were better options than CK.

Kyle said CK wasn't a fit? Funny given the similarities in RG3's game and CK's.

Blackballed.
I do think he was black balled a bit. I want to be clear about that. But also, I think he wasnt a clear cut starter entering 2017, even if he didnt kneel and never said a word. Injuries, decline in play and skill set.

Yes, 2018 when we brought in a retired sports analyst Mark Sanchez .. Kaep would have made more sense bc with our O line injuries, you wanted someone that could move around a bit. By that point in the season with injuries, Jay couldnt run his preferred scheme so we had no scheme so the argument that "kaep doesnt fit scheme" is out the window.

Kyle -- he didnt want to have to abandon his scheme but Snyder drafted RG3 and the Shannys had to figure out a new scheme to fit RG3's skill set. Which they did beautifully. But I dont think Kyle wanted RG3 to begin with or to have to throw his desired scheme out to accomodate RG3. That situation was forced on him and he hated it.

Why the hell would Kyle want to handcuff himself with Kaep and have to change what he wants to do? kaep did not fit his scheme (Cousins and Jimmy do)

When Kyle went to the 9ers, he wanted to be able to mold the team and offense how he envisioned it .... and it didnt include building around an injured, declining running QB.

im repeating myself ... yes, he was black balled a bit but him coming out in 2017 and saying he was only interested in being a starter self-limited himself.

Bottom line - if he was a top tier QB, a team would have signed him .. politicis be damned. But he wasnt. He was an average QB with diminishing skill set, with starter demands and drama.
Old 06-29-2020, 06:32 PM   #357
Giantone
Franchise Player

Quote:
https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/201...enver-broncos/

https://www.businessinsider.com/bron...n-elway-2018-8

https://globalnews.ca/video/6179362/...-set-by-league

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...id-not-appear/

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...o-play-in-aaf/

I don't know of any other benched NFL QB who has been given the opportunities he has .
Old 06-30-2020, 12:00 AM   #358
JPPT1974
Special Teams

Yeah as really C.K. needs to move on. Doing things off the field not on it. What he does best!
Old 06-30-2020, 12:13 AM   #359
sdskinsfan2001
Franchise Player

Can we start a separate thread for Kaep so I don't have to read about him anymore?
Old 06-30-2020, 09:22 AM   #360
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

This is fucking killing me...Iím already find myself pulling for the Patriots based simply on signing Cam. How does this happen? Iím sick of the Pats for so long, now they got Cam...Iím hoping for a comeback story. Watching Cam versus Josh Allen in Buffalo is gonna be cant miss..both have this unorthodox style at the position.