Antonio Gibson

Redskins Locker Room

Old 04-27-2020, 11:26 AM   #46
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Re: Antonio Gibson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I think at least part of the thinking behind signing McKissic and Peyton Barber was to just push everyone on the rehab front. I think RR is setting himself up to not tolerate lack of availability. If you can play great. If you can't, you're gone. It's a huge part of culture building. Either rehab your ass back into playing shape or get out. Is it a shame? Sure. Should the coach care? No.

Very true availability availability availability if your not your no good to the team.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-27-2020, 11:33 AM   #47
MTK
\m/

Everyone loves to talk about Guice and Love in terms of potential, but bottom line is health is a huge concern for both of them. RR didn't draft these guys either so he's got no allegiance. Both of them need to be healthy and productive asap.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:37 AM   #48
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
You would be crazy to cut Love and keep McKissick. Go to 17:05 on the video below, he’s ready.

https://youtu.be/wm8YQyMHoXA
I think people forget just how good Love was a few years ago. If he can get back to being healthy there is just no way he is off this team. There is no way you keep Barber or McKissick over Love. Those two are career JAGS. Love can be potentially be a home run hitter from anywhere on the field.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 11:42 AM   #49
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Everyone loves to talk about Guice and Love in terms of potential, but bottom line is health is a huge concern for both of them. RR didn't draft these guys either so he's got no allegiance. Both of them need to be healthy and productive asap.
True but raw talent buys time. You can go get Barber types at anytime during the season. Remember when we got Bibbs off the street a few years ago? He was actually better than Matt Jones who they drafted in the 3rd round. So yeah RR didn't draft a lot of our guys but he also just can't get rid of everyone. He's going to need guys from the previous regime to win games.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 11:48 AM   #50
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I just love the attention paid to the RB position..we finally got a coach and GM ( make him GM NOW) who knows what it takes to win in the league. Jays offense was horseshit, sure he could coach up some passing game, but you gotta run to win period.

I’m looking forward to the competition.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:50 AM   #51
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Give true Love a chance. Wouldn't you like to see Love, McLaurin and Gibson on the field at the same time? That would be explosive to the max!
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 11:55 AM   #52
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

JMO this is letting everyone know you better be rehabbing and you need to check in so we know how your progressing. No one has been sharpied in we are using pencil right now.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 12:06 PM   #53
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
JMO this is letting everyone know you better be rehabbing and you need to check in so we know how your progressing. No one has been sharpied in we are using pencil right now.
It's called a meritocracy. As in, now that you're here I don't care about what you did in the past. You've got to prove to me that I should keep you over these other men.
Old 05-01-2020, 08:43 PM   #54
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

The more I read, and see, of this guy, we may have snagged a HUGE steal in the 3rd round.
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 10:46 PM   #55
SFREDSKIN
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Give true Love a chance. Wouldn't you like to see Love, McLaurin and Gibson on the field at the same time? That would be explosive to the max!
Damn right!! It would be stupid to give up on Love and see in a different uniform excelling instead of AP.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 01:30 AM   #56
sdskinsfan2001
Franchise Player

Love hasn't played. Everyone wants to give him a chance. You have to play to have a chance. I'm not blaming the player, he tore his ACL, it's not a one size fits all recovery. But it's been more than the normal recovery time and combined with Rivera's most recent comments (not new just whenever the most recent one was) I'm not gonna assume he's gonna be ready.

He is a helluva football player. Not a talent thing. It's a health thing.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:52 PM   #57
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

I apologize if this has already been posted -- it has a date of 4-21 -- but this is a pretty good read on Gibson.

We may have found ourselves a steal in the 3rd.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/Sports/nfl...ocid=DELLDHP17

The most astute NFL talent evaluators will tell you that when it comes to players, it’s more important to focus on what people can do as opposed to what they can’t. I’ve heard it from both Bill Belichick and Pete Carroll, and also from Seahawks general manager John Schneider, Carroll’s consigliere. It’s easy to discount a receiver because he only ran three routes in college, or a running back because he runs too upright and might not be fully developed.

But those truly interested in player development will understand that sometimes, that receiver who can run a third of the route tree is beating the daylights out of every cornerback he faces, or that running back is bouncing off linebackers every play for extra yards.

With players on the fringe of what they will be, you can either cut them off because they don’t fit your suit, or you can adjust the suit for their unique talents. The guys who do the latter tend to win Super Bowls. The guys who do the former tend to get fired.

In the 2020 draft class, Memphis running back/receiver Antonio Gibson (yes, you read that positional delineation right) may be the ultimate litmus test for those executives who see prospects one way or another. Gibson got on the field for just 370 snaps in two years with the Tigers after two seasons at East Central Community College in Mississippi.

“Grades were just… at the end of the day, you could also blame me to be honest, but as a young kid, I was getting bad grades and my coaches weren’t really saying anything to me because they wanted me to play,” Gibson told me recently. “It wasn’t until my junior year I started getting offers but I couldn’t accept them, or they couldn’t officially offer them because of my grades. So, that’s when it started clicking to me that I need this [college] and that’s the reason I had to go to JUCO route.”

Once he was done with that route, he had a few choices in West Virginia, Mississippi State, and Memphis.

“I picked Memphis because a lot of schools offer you then go on about their business,” he said. “They won’t really reach out to you to tell you a signing date, but coach [Mike] Norvell and the staff were on me every other day. They were checking in making sure I was alright, seeing if classes were going good, checking on my family, I got a family feeling from them, and when I went on my visit it was the same thing, so I ended up picking Memphis.”

The rest is at the link above ....
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 09:44 AM   #58
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

OK, I'm ready to go out on a limb and expose myself to ridicule by saying that I believe we have struck gold in the 3rd Round for the second year in a row by drafting Antonio Gibson. Antonio Gibson is the TRUTH. He is a perfect fit for the offense Scott Turner wants to run.

Now, I'm asking for the support of my fellow sexy senior citizen fans when I say this: I searched my memory bank for a Redskins player who was as explosive and versatile as Gibson and the only player I could compare his skillset to is the late, great Bobby Mitchell. I don't mean to be disrespectful to my hero Bobby Mitchell. Obviously, there can be no comparison of their accomplishments. I'm only looking at the athletic gifts that Gibson possesses and he reminds me of Bobby Mitchell in that way.
Old 05-10-2020, 11:37 PM   #59
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
OK, I'm ready to go out on a limb and expose myself to ridicule by saying that I believe we have struck gold in the 3rd Round for the second year in a row by drafting Antonio Gibson. Antonio Gibson is the TRUTH. He is a perfect fit for the offense Scott Turner wants to run.

Now, I'm asking for the support of my fellow sexy senior citizen fans when I say this: I searched my memory bank for a Redskins player who was as explosive and versatile as Gibson and the only player I could compare his skillset to is the late, great Bobby Mitchell. I don't mean to be disrespectful to my hero Bobby Mitchell. Obviously, there can be no comparison of their accomplishments. I'm only looking at the athletic gifts that Gibson possesses and he reminds me of Bobby Mitchell in that way.
Well I can think of one but unfortunately never lived up to his college hype,especially as a redskin(Desmond Howard)
But I too am excited to see this kid on the field
Old 05-11-2020, 06:55 AM   #60
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Well I can think of one but unfortunately never lived up to his college hype,especially as a redskin(Desmond Howard)
But I too am excited to see this kid on the field
I feel guilty for not mentioning our other great Mitchell, Brian, in my post. Brian Mitchell was very versatile - he could even play QB - and he was a great NFL player who I admire. And Brian was certainly explosive. But the first comparison that came to mind when I saw Antonio Gibson was Bobby Mitchell because Antonio is also a deep threat as Bobby was.