Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 10:04 PM   #31
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The Haskins Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Haskins is going to start against the Bills. Let case handle the short week and this would give Haskins a week plus for prepare for the Bills.

Haskins is 100% starting against the Bills. As he should.

At this point I think we can all agree the season is over right? It isn’t like Haskins is going to change that. So I am really curious why you think a cold road game in a hostile environment against a Defense ranked third in the league that had Tom Brady scrambling is a good game for Haskins to start?
Why not after the bye week against the Jets at home?

Advertisements
Old 10-20-2019, 10:19 PM   #32
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: The Haskins Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
At this point I think we can all agree the season is over right? It isn’t like Haskins is going to change that. So I am really curious why you think a cold road game in a hostile environment against a Defense ranked third in the league that had Tom Brady scrambling is a good game for Haskins to start?
Why not after the bye week against the Jets at home?
I was 100% percent thinking waiting until the bye was the best bet but current temperatures just feel like it may be moved up to the Bills game. Haskins would have a long week to prepare. I’m just glad he wasn’t put in prior to this 49ers-vikings short week period.

Waiting until the jets would be ideal but I think after the Vikings the noise would be defeaning and counter productive to ignore. The kid gets a long week to prepare a game earlier than ideal.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:34 PM   #33
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I have never been on the "start Haskins" bandwagon because I don't think throwing someone into the fire when they're not ready preps them for long term success, no matter what their profession is.

But if Keenum shits the bed on Thursday and Callahan feels like Haskins has a solid base of plays he can run, then fuck it. But if he can't handle the basics (questionable given his Giants appearance) then this fan base is going to turn on him very quickly, and the odds he ends up being a wasted pick goes up. The only question we need to be asking at this point is what we can do to improve his odds of long term success, because he is one of the few beacons of hope we have in this wasted season. Just don't start him before he's ready.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:59 PM   #34
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The Haskins Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I was 100% percent thinking waiting until the bye was the best bet but current temperatures just feel like it may be moved up to the Bills game. Haskins would have a long week to prepare. I’m just glad he wasn’t put in prior to this 49ers-vikings short week period.

Waiting until the jets would be ideal but I think after the Vikings the noise would be defeaning and counter productive to ignore. The kid gets a long week to prepare a game earlier than ideal.

Yeah but Buffalo is probably the toughest defense in the toughest environment we face this year. We have ignored the noise of ineptitude for twenty years, I can drown it out for one more game and give him the bye week and a much easier task at home. We will find out I guess.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:50 AM   #35
MTK
\m/

Every week this kid continues to sit on the bench the case builds on him being a bust or at the least a serious draft reach. Either way it’s not good. Another classic Snyder mistake.
Old 10-21-2019, 09:39 AM   #36
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Every week this kid continues to sit on the bench the case builds on him being a bust or at the least a serious draft reach. Either way it’s not good. Another classic Snyder mistake.
I don’t know about being a bust, all the experts praised the Redskins being patient, not moving up to get Haskins and loved Haskins. I think the fact that he started only 10 games in college might have something to do with it. I’m pretty sure he’ll start against Buffalo or the Jets, then we can see what we got.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 10-21-2019, 09:44 AM   #37
MTK
\m/

^ Yeah that was then, this is now. And the fact he can't get on the field with Case playing so poorly is really strange.
Old 10-21-2019, 09:52 AM   #38
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
^ Yeah that was then, this is now. And the fact he can't get on the field with Case playing so poorly is really strange.
You hit the nail on the head. Case is playing terrible yet Haskins cant get on the field. Something must be seriously wrong with Haskins. In the old days you let players watch and learn. In the modern NFL players learn by doing and at some point Haskins has to sink or swim.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:14 AM   #39
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
I think that's already been pretty well established.

That's not to say Haskins will never amount to anything. He could very well develop into a great QB. But the evidence shows he's not even close to being ready to start and so it was clearly a mistake to take him at 15. This isn't really news. Everyone - including our own coaches and scouts - knew this before the draft.

I just hope we do not compound that mistake by passing on an elite QB prospect in 2020 if (when?) we end up with a top 3 pick.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:16 AM   #40
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
You hit the nail on the head. Case is playing terrible yet Haskins cant get on the field. Something must be seriously wrong with Haskins. In the old days you let players watch and learn. In the modern NFL players learn by doing and at some point Haskins has to sink or swim.
I don't think it means there is anything "wrong" with Haskins. He's a mid-round developmental QB that needs at least a year or two to develop. Our owner reached in a major way to grab with the 15th overall pick. The problem isn't necessarily Haskins - its that he was drafted well before he should have been, thereby setting unrealistic fan expectations.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:20 AM   #41
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Plenty of young Qb's are playing around the league. The fact that Haskins isn't tells me something ain't right.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:25 AM   #42
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat;1234982[B
]I don't think it means there is anything "wrong" with Haskins. He's a mid-round developmental QB that needs at least a year or two to develop.[/B] Our owner reached in a major way to grab with the 15th overall pick. The problem isn't necessarily Haskins - its that he was drafted well before he should have been, thereby setting unrealistic fan expectations.
So then a New Coach will be forced to develop a QB they don't want or isn't a scheme fit and the fuckin circle continues.

He Gets Us
Old 10-21-2019, 10:26 AM   #43
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

I am not even close to bust. Reach maybe. I sincerely hope they bring him in after the bye for the Jets who have a pretty mediocre D. It is at home. And let him know this now. Start splitting the first team reps in practice. Who gives a fuck about the other games leading up to that one.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:35 AM   #44
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: The Haskins Thread

Haskins is a very unique case. Usually a “project” quarterback doesn’t show the type of stuff he did in college. Everyone and their mother agreed he was a first rounder and when was the last time a quarterback considered a first rounder by everyone only started 10 games in college? We needed to draft a quarterback. Haskins wasn’t making it out of the first round. Would we have been better off taking someone in later rounds that didn’t have nearly the potential he did? No. He is also completely up against it with this shit show of a staff/ organization. Let him get his feet wet starting with the Jets. Not the third ranked defense on the road! He will finish the year , take his lumps, show some steady progress and have an entire offseason and preseason as the number one.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:47 AM   #45
Irrefutable
The Starter

Chris Thompson says on a radio interview this mourning Haskins should NOT play this year.

per a tweet from Chad Dukes @ Junksradio

Last edited by Irrefutable; 10-21-2019 at 11:06 AM.
Closed Thread