Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Round'em up

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-20-2005, 02:59 PM   #46
illdefined
Playmaker

Re: Round'em up

even our superstar running back needs help from the QB, and keeping all the DBs under 10 yds away with the dinkdunks doesn't count.

i'm praying last night gave Brunell and the coaching staff more confidence in our air game to make it a staple, and not a last resort (or a Parcells like, trick play once a game)
illdefined is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-20-2005, 03:13 PM   #47
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

That's the spirit! Take a little time to smell the roses (or Brunell's demise). Condemnation will come as is fitting (or not).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBagZ
I am keeping my sig, for a while. I am not going to speak negative of Brunell or Gibbs. Brunell did something that we have not seen in a long, long time, he brought the Skins back in the 4th quarter in a big time game.

We have the bye this week and it looks as thought the football gods are smiling upon us with the early bye. Brunell will get a 'mini-camp' so to speak with the first team offence. Gibbs will have this team ready for Seattle.

I have never felt so good waking up after four hours of sleep to go to work. HTTR!
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 03:24 PM   #48
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by illdefined
yeah man, 100% agreed. i mean ideally what we're looking for is a QB who knows when he can really test the defense and who never makes boneheaded plays. hopefully Campbell will learn to be that guy, but until then, i really don't want to be tossing hail mary's in the 4th quarter to win games.

How often do we think that will continue, sometimes a play will work because teams just don't think you have the capability, but once you prove you do they will prepare for it, it didn't look like to me Dallas really expected Brunell to go deep let alone actually put the ball on the money.

I do not want a Custer QB who is going to wait till all the indians have arrived before he starts shooting, I want a QB who is going to do his best to make sure we don't have to sweat out the final minutes, it's not like we don't have the talent to do it.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote