Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Greg Williams...Head Coach

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-29-2005, 11:50 AM   #46
NFLeurope
Camp Scrub

Re: Greg Williams...Head Coach

I dont know about making the analysis that just cause someone worked for Gibbs they must have learned lessons that would make them successful...After all what about the coordinator that took over for Gibbs the first time he retired...the redskins werent too succesful under him...
NFLeurope is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-29-2005, 11:59 AM   #47
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLeurope
I dont know about making the analysis that just cause someone worked for Gibbs they must have learned lessons that would make them successful...After all what about the coordinator that took over for Gibbs the first time he retired...the redskins werent too succesful under him...
Gee the team had an average age of over 30 and proceeded to go through a massive injury-year immediately following that before Petibon decided he wasn't up for it anymore and Cooke replaced him with Norv. I am not saying he was good at all but we can't really make a judgement on it based on one year. Just like we can't judge Williams on his one stint in Buffalo.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:00 PM   #48
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLeurope

True...and also Joe Bugel wasn't too successful as a Head Coach in the league either. I believe if Richie Pettibone was given another year or so, the Skins might have turned things around...but that was the worst season the skins have had since long before Gibbs had came to Washington. Still, it was a one and done for him.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:02 PM   #49
EXoffender
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer
i would think blache would go with williams but maybe he would like an assistant coaching job. I would be perfectly content with him
Ditto.
EXoffender is offline   Reply With Quote