Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Tiki at it again

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-05-2007, 10:04 AM   #31
MTK
\m/

Re: Tiki at it again

I love this, the more drama and off the field things the Giants have to deal with the better for us!

Advertisements
Old 09-05-2007, 10:49 AM   #32
JDALY27
Special Teams

I don't think anyone in the Giants Locker Room give two shits about Tiki or his book. He's a self promoter and has no chance of being in the Hall of Fame because that pussy has the heart of a small animal.

This book will not do a thing to damage the Giants season.

Eli's ducks, no running backs, no secondary, old aging offensive and defensive line, and a lame duck coach will bury the Giants, not a book.....
JDALY27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:02 AM   #33
12thMan
MVP

I wonder how many of Tiki's teammates tried to talk him out of retirement and return for another season? At least Strahan had the support of the staff and the team.

The idea that Coughlin made him lose his love for the game is ridiculous. I don't buy it. Tiki couldn't have easily requested a trade to another team.

As far Pierce's comments, I guess the grass really isn't greener on the other side, is it AP?
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:42 AM   #34
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I love this, the more drama and off the field things the Giants have to deal with the better for us!
I don't think this will be an issue for the Giants on the field, even though it will likely be a scapegoat. They are already going to finish last in the division.
If anything, Tiki may have opened Eli's eyes and he will play better, which would not be good for us. Tiki means nothing to that team anymore.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:27 PM   #35
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Aikman chimes in

AIKMAN: BARBER'S TO BLAME | By JUSTIN TERRANOVA | New York Giants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Aikman
When you look at the Giants, and you say, why haven't they been able to accomplish more, and you see some of the things we have witnessed, like Tiki Barber's comments regarding Eli Manning, I don't think you have to look much further than that and say maybe now I understand why that team has underachieved.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:33 PM   #36
MTK
\m/

LOL nice shot by Jimmy Johnson here:

Quote:
"If it hadn't been for Tom Coughlin, Tiki Barber might not have even been playing the last couple of years," Johnson said. "If he kept on dropping the ball the way he was, he would have been over on the sidelines. I guess when he started broadcasting he got smarter and forgot about all of that."
Old 09-07-2007, 03:35 PM   #37
12thMan
MVP

That was a nice quote by JJ. You would think this rally the Giants to prove Tiki wrong, but we'll see...
Old 09-07-2007, 03:39 PM   #38
MTK
\m/

I still think the loss of Tiki on the field is going to hurt the Giants more than help them. He was their only real homerun hitter.

With two plodders at RB now, they're probably going to face more 3rd and long situations and there will be much more pressure on Eli in general. I just don't think he's a big time QB that can carry an offense.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:46 PM   #39
12thMan
MVP

Man, if Eli had an ounce of his brother in him, the dude would be scary.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:55 PM   #40
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Man, if Eli had an ounce of his brother in him, the dude would be scary.
Oh, he has an ounce but thats about it.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:56 PM   #41
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Honestly, I don't see the problem with Tiki talking badly about his former team and coach if it is true. If he were a current player, that would be a different story, but he's now a member of the media and is now paid to talk about teams, INCLUDING his former team. If he would be a blind supporter of his old team on the air, we'd all criticize him like we do Mike Golic for thinking the Eagles are so great when they're a flawed team. If he honestly knows of issues with the team and it is now his job to talk about teams, why should he keep his mouth shut about them? When he learns inside stuff about other teams, he'll talk about them too. Right now, his analysis expertise lies with the Giants.

Anyways, I'm all for it. The Giants have this distraction, Dallas has Owens and the Eagles have McNabb who always gets into stupid media scandals. Good news for us.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:59 PM   #42
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
"If Tom Coughlin had not remained as head coach of the New York Giants, I might still be in a Giants uniform," Barber wrote. "(Coughlin) robbed me of what had been the most important thing I had in my life, which was the joy I felt playing football. I had lost that. He had taken it away."

What's so bad about that statement? If you were at a job where the manager was a complete jerk and made your life miserable (Coughlin has a record of being like this) and there was no chance of the boss getting fired, wouldn't you find a new place to work too?
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:02 PM   #43
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

From Eli regarding the matter:

"I'm not going to lose any sleep about what Tiki has to say," Manning said before practice at the University at Albany. "I guess I could have questioned his leadership skills last year with calling out the coach and having articles about him retiring in the middle of the season, and (how) he's lost the heart (to play). As a quarterback you're reading that your running back has lost the heart to play the game and it's about the 10th week. I can see that a little bit at times."

"I guess I'm just happy for Tiki that he's making a smooth transition into the media world. You know, I'll be interested to see if he has anything to say (about a team) besides the Giants, and what his comments will be on that."
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:06 PM   #44
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Honestly, I don't see the problem with Tiki talking badly about his former team and coach if it is true. If he were a current player, that would be a different story, but he's now a member of the media and is now paid to talk about teams, INCLUDING his former team. If he would be a blind supporter of his old team on the air, we'd all criticize him like we do Mike Golic for thinking the Eagles are so great when they're a flawed team. If he honestly knows of issues with the team and it is now his job to talk about teams, why should he keep his mouth shut about them? When he learns inside stuff about other teams, he'll talk about them too. Right now, his analysis expertise lies with the Giants.

Anyways, I'm all for it. The Giants have this distraction, Dallas has Owens and the Eagles have McNabb who always gets into stupid media scandals. Good news for us.
I have a big problem with it. Although he didn't voice his opinion during the season, his indifference in the locker room and toward teammates spoke volumes. I'm sure he made his feelings known without saying a word. And why would he say things knowing it's going to further distract an already distracted team?

I think it shows and incredible lack of class for him to "finally" get stuff off his chest in the manner in which he's doing it. Jimmy Johnson summed it best, perhaps Tiki thinks he's smarter now.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:08 PM   #45
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
What's so bad about that statement? If you were at a job where the manager was a complete jerk and made your life miserable (Coughlin has a record of being like this) and there was no chance of the boss getting fired, wouldn't you find a new place to work too?
Buster, apples and oranges. A coach is going to flat out get in your ass sometimes. A manager on the other has to, or at least they should, display a high level of decorum when dealing with your short comings.

This is football, right?