Man Beaten Over Cowboys Car Flag

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-15-2009, 11:01 PM   #16
saden1
MVP

Re: Man Beaten Over Cowboys Car Flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Save the fight for something that matters. A car flag can easily be replaced.

It reminds me of these guys I used to hang out with my freshmen year of college. A group of guys started talking trash to them and all my friends did was laugh it off. Eventually they started insulting their families and whatever else they could think of, this lead to one of the guys going so far to spit on them. Still nothing. Later these same guys (the trash talkers) jumped a guy who was a friend of the group in a completely separate incident later that night. Since then I've never seen a group of guys get beaten so badly, among the guys who were my friends was a golden gloves boxer and a black belt in judo, obviously I was a bystander.

The point of the story is that strong people don't have to defend their honor, it's just something they have and no amount of pointless taunting can change. The only time they acted was when something important to them was truly wronged. I think it goes without saying I admire those guys and to this day I try and represent the values they stood for.
I'm pretty mellow to verbal assaults and god knows it takes a lot to get me all worked up but ripping anything off my car is vandalism and disrespectful on my person. If you want to trash talk that's fine, if you want to say shit about my mama that's fine too but the moment it gets physical is the moment you have my attention and touching my car is a physical.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-16-2009, 12:24 AM   #17
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
If a Cowpoke ripped a Redskins flag off my car, I'd definitely have words for them. But I sure as hell wouldn't just walk up to them and cold cock them on a busy street.

But really, driving through downtown DC flying a Cowboys flag?? I'm sure that guy has gotten plenty of sh*t before. Maybe that's why he had such a short fuse about the whole thing.

Living in Gainesville, Fl, with as many drunken students as there were running around, you should see some of the things done to cars flying Tennessee, Florida State, Miami, and LSU flags. They vary from gross, to hilarious, to violent... Either way, don't fly anything other than a Gator flag unless you're looking for trouble. Not saying it's right, just saying you're asking for it if you fly your flag in your arch rival's hometown.
I have walked around UF with a LSU shirt before and I will do it again

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:29 AM   #18
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I have walked around UF with a LSU shirt before and I will do it again
If I saw you with an LSU shirt on, I'd ask you how it felt to get a 50 spot dropped on you last season. Ick. Les Miles = Larry Coker.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:43 AM   #19
SkinDogg
Special Teams

Childish at best.
SkinDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:11 AM   #20
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I'm pretty mellow to verbal assaults and god knows it takes a lot to get me all worked up but ripping anything off my car is vandalism and disrespectful on my person. If you want to trash talk that's fine, if you want to say shit about my mama that's fine too but the moment it gets physical is the moment you have my attention and touching my car is a physical.
You scared me there for a while. I was starting to picture you as Danny McBride in Eastbound and Down

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:40 AM   #21
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
I agree...although the analogy of a woman as a possession is a bit much.

Hits a little to close to home?
Old 04-16-2009, 08:54 AM   #22
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
If I saw you with an LSU shirt on, I'd ask you how it felt to get a 50 spot dropped on you last season. Ick. Les Miles = Larry Coker.

And I would say it felt just as good as when you got that black eye, and when you said "what black eye" Then would come the left hook lol. But seriously I love walking the line and doing things like that.

But Gm What I would really say is that it felt just as good as when we won the national title

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:00 AM   #23
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Either a stupid redneck or an idiotic thug. Either way the person who grabbed the flag was in the wrong but the punishment doesn't fit the crime.
How do you figure? If you take something from someone's car, you deserved to be knocked out or at least be willing to fight. If some idiot took my Redskins license plate frame, I wouldn't get out of the car, ask to hold hands and talk about how great the world is now that Obama is President. I would handle it exactly how the Cowboys fan did. How is the Cowboys fan a thug? This is how problems like this should be solved.

I am pissed that the Redskins fan got punked so bad. If you are going to get in an altercation with a 'boyz fan you need to fight your guts out. He made every Redskins fan look bad.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:59 AM   #24
celts32
Playmaker

The guy who took the flag deserved to get punched...rivalry is one thing but it is not acceptable to take other peoples property. Sure the guy didn't need to punch him and could have handled it verbally, but why feel bad for the idiot who got what was coming to him.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:35 AM   #25
tman
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanEvilSkin View Post
See, that's the difference between us and Pukes fans. A Pukes fan throws a punch. Take one of our flags and you end up like the guy who ran over John Gotti's son.
you sond like a Cowpuke fan, stuping to ther level.
tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:14 AM   #26
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
You grab my 'Skins flag off of my car and you and I have a big time problem. That's like spiting in my face and any man that tolerates that is no man at all. You don't mess with a man's car or woman. Period.
The Culture War has been lost.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:47 AM   #27
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
The Culture War has been lost.
It has but that's not culture, that's just douchebaggery. Them people always walk among us.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #28
Ijaeger
Special Teams

No matter how much you may hate a team and no matter how wrong it is driving around DC w/ a Cowboys flag on your car (especially in the offseason), you should always pay attention to how big the person is you are f'in with. I appreciate the loyalty but how retarded can you be?
Ijaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:42 PM   #29
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
How do you figure? If you take something from someone's car, you deserved to be knocked out or at least be willing to fight. If some idiot took my Redskins license plate frame, I wouldn't get out of the car, ask to hold hands and talk about how great the world is now that Obama is President. I would handle it exactly how the Cowboys fan did. How is the Cowboys fan a thug? This is how problems like this should be solved.

I am pissed that the Redskins fan got punked so bad. If you are going to get in an altercation with a 'boyz fan you need to fight your guts out. He made every Redskins fan look bad.
Look, no one in this story is a winner. It was a pointless fight over a stupid infraction. Both "fighters" made both fanbases look bad. They're an embarrassment to their friends and their families.

How is the Cowboys fan a thug?

Or redneck Now maybe it's shallow of me but in my experience it's people who immerse themselves in these two cultures that are usually the quickest to start fights. And just for the sake of covering all my bases thug is not my code word for black. A thug can be white, black, asian, doesn't matter what color you are. If you're the type that does stupid stuff like this and steal crap, do drugs all the time to look cool, disrespect people (particulary women), and worry about your "rep" all the time then you qualify for my definition of thug.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 03:24 PM   #30
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

The Redskins fan was immature and foolish for bothering to take a stupid car flag.

The Cowboys fan was immature for so quickly resorting to violence over a stupid car flag.

Obviously there are people among us who are third graders wearing adult shoes.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote