Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Fans at Fed Ex

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-18-2020, 11:51 AM   #61
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Fans at Fed Ex

Can this move to the debating thread? I so do NOT want to get sucked into this stuff on the football side when the WFT is kickin ass

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-18-2020, 11:57 AM   #62
jamf
Pro Bowl

Yes please.

Don't shit where you eat.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:01 PM   #63
SunnySide
Playmaker

CRed - really happy to hear you and your son are doing well. Weve missed you around here. Great news
Old 09-18-2020, 12:03 PM   #64
SunnySide
Playmaker

My worthless 2 cents ... and I’ll keep it on topic re just fans at games

I’d go to a limited capacity game. Youre outside. My only concern would be getting in bc that’s a log jam and bathrooms but with limited capacity you could figure that out
Old 09-18-2020, 12:09 PM   #65
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Looked at tickets to the Browns game next week... $500 per seat... lol F that
Old 09-18-2020, 12:11 PM   #66
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I am just sharing my story, I understand it is one person's and not necessarily indicative of the whole.

Around Sep 1st, I had chills and nightsweats and that Tuesday I slept 14 hours straight. Typically I sleep about 5 to 6 at most. I am 53, from March to July I lost 50 lbs, but still am in the overweight category for BMI. I live a fairly typical low middle income caucasian male lifestyle. By the time I took the test I was definitely feeling better. I got the results back in 3 days that it was positive. The county called each day from there until they told me I was good to go. That was on the 10th. I have had no symptoms since then, but on my own I went and did a re-test on the 16th. Guess what, it came back positive. Is anyone else NOT shocked.

So should I quarantine for the rest of my life, because clearly I could be a carrier for the foreseeable future.

Oh let me add, my son who lives with me was then also required to get a test even though he had no symptoms, it also came back positive, And for him - a 23yo auto mechanic, he was told to stay away from his job until he has a negative test. He took a second one the same time I did, and though he has not told me his results yet, I imagine that it will be positive also.

Again, one person's story - but it is an actual person's story and not a media narrative from either side.
Glade to hear you and your Son are ok. I went on my Beer trip and since I am from MD Massachusetts required me to get a covid test ,luckily it came back negative .
Old 09-18-2020, 12:14 PM   #67
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Coronabros don’t care about the science or facts. They don’t care of limited to no evidence of spread between children to adults. They don’t care to see the Overwhelming majority of deaths are Over the age of 50 or someone with underlying condition. How after the first 2-3 week of return of students to colleges in the south and southeast where approximate 11k tested positive But with zero hospitalizations. They actively seek to politicize the facts. It’s pathetic
Simply not true , you have been given the facts that prove that and you ignore them and still lie knowing it can hurt others ,very trump like of you.
Old 09-18-2020, 01:13 PM   #68
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Glade to hear you and your Son are ok. I went on my Beer trip and since I am from MD Massachusetts required me to get a covid test ,luckily it came back negative .

Beer trip? That sounds delicious.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 01:16 PM   #69
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Fans at Fed Ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Can this move to the debating thread? I so do NOT want to get sucked into this stuff on the football side when the WFT is kickin ass

I was going to say this yesterday but lets be honest there wouldn’t be a thread about this of not for Covid - thought it seemed pretty tied in.
Hard to talk about the semantics of trying to fill the stadium without going into detail about why you think they should or shouldn’t. But ill try
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 01:31 PM   #70
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

I will throw my 2 cents in about fans at Fed Ex:

This year it is obvious that we will not have any fans.

I doubt very seriously if we have an NFL season next year, that they will allow fans.

I think that by 2022 after you have had a years' worth of vaccines, they may allow very limited seating / attendance. I think we have to come to grips with the idea that our sporting events / concerts, etc.. will NEVER go back to the way they were before. Not because of laws or governors, etc., but because i think your average person will be so scared of getting sick from anything, that they will not go out very much ever again.

For example, if we build a new stadium, it would have capacity for possibly 5-10K people TOPS, we will never again see something where there is 100K fans packed in, i think that will forever be different in this country.

Just trying to be a realist because i think holding on to the idea that things will ever go "back to normal" in this country will just upset a lot of people when they realize the life they knew is gone forever.
Old 09-18-2020, 02:03 PM   #71
MTK
\m/

There was just 15,000 at the Chiefs/Texans opener... to think people are afraid to go out is just silly. How many attended Sturgis? Like over 360,000 or something
Old 09-18-2020, 02:07 PM   #72
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
There was just 15,000 at the Chiefs/Texans opener... to think people are afraid to go out is just silly. How many attended Sturgis? Like over 360,000 or something
Yeah. I think the stadiums would be as full as the teams open them. Maybe at the very extreme numbers, like a 3-13 team trying to fill a 90K seat stadium, there would be trouble. I am pretty sure teams would sell out 30-50k seats each and every week.

Old 09-18-2020, 02:08 PM   #73
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

And thanks everyone for the kind words

Old 09-18-2020, 04:06 PM   #74
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Doesn’t matter where he got it, problem is he could have spread it while at the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anything we do now days has some risk of you catching Covid. You way the risk and decide your comfort level.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 04:14 PM   #75
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Simply not true , you have been given the facts that prove that and you ignore them and still lie knowing it can hurt others ,very trump like of you.
My daughter is an ICU nurse and she tells me they label covid deaths to anyone they can. Its not her job its what she sees. A guy dying from cancer gets covid and dies as predicted its a covid death. Guy had covid and was doing fine until he had a heart attack from other health issues and dies. Labeled under covid death. If you don't think this isn't political then your just ignoring other facts.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote