Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

First place Redskins

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-30-2015, 10:18 AM   #61
MTK
\m/

Re: First place Redskins

I was ready to give up on football if we blew that game.

Advertisements
Old 11-30-2015, 10:34 AM   #62
53Fan
Franchise Player

I freakin' like that!!! Httr!!!
Old 11-30-2015, 10:54 AM   #63
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
thanks man. NFC east sux, but hell we will take it

So would all the other teams,congrats!
Old 11-30-2015, 11:00 AM   #64
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
You are a stand-up guy, Giantone.

In your opinion, WTH happened to the Giants yesterday? How could they not be ready to play in the first half? That was a big game for both teams! The Giants could have put some distance between themselves and the rest of the division, yet they came out flat.
Not injuries every team has them at this point in the year.IMHO our drafts have sucked Jerry Reese should be looked at very hard,no pass rush,haven't had a LBer in over 15 years and the O line ,add in our receivers all (but Beckham and Cruz) are second tier at best and no decent TE.The INT's weren't on Eli they were on the receivers.I think Coughlin is doing one of his better coaching jobs and Eli is good in MCadoo's Offense ,this is what he was given to work with and IMO Cruz is done.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:16 AM   #65
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Giantone is a closet skins fan! I would definitely say the giants lost that game because of their crippled oline, we got pressure all day and never let Eli really get comfortable. Plus you guys literally have 1 guy on offense that can make plays consistently. It's not over though, skins still need to handle dallas
Old 11-30-2015, 11:55 AM   #66
NoCalHail
Special Teams

Already over the media's reaction to the game. On ESPN's blitz they treated the narrative as this game being the NYG's chance to "establish their dominance over the division" Excuse me? Let's assume they had won the game, did that suddenly make them "dominant over the division" Sorry, but all four teams in the division are in a relatively similar boat although for different reasons. It felt like they were in pain going over the game highlights and they treated Odell's great catch like it was the most important thing that happened during the game.

They are treating the game as if the lowly 'Skins pulled off some kind of miraculous upset win over the division mainstay. Now look, I know as a franchise we have been very mediocre (if that even) for awhile, but in 2015 to act like we aren't even up to par as a team vs our own equally mediocre division is pretty insulting.

Whatever though, I can't wait for most "experts" to pick the Cowboys to win next week so we can go through another post-game of silent exacerbated looks and dumbfounded takes.

Look, I know whoever wins the NFC likely does it with no better than an 8-8 record but who cares, .500 and sub .500 teams have hosted and WON playoff games in the past.
NoCalHail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:57 AM   #67
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

The losses and wins for this team are pretty interesting. I know we keep hearing the home/away record, but the broadcast team yesterday highlighted the difference in the level of competition between away and home. Below are our wins and losses viewed with their current win loss record:
Games we lost
4-7
5-6
6-5
6-5
10-1
11-0

Games we won
4-7
4-7
5-6
4-7
5-6

Games remaining:
3-8
5-6
5-6
4-7
3-8

3 of those are division games which always have more than just the current records, but all of the games are winnable, and if we did win them all we could conceivably be 10-6. I think 8-8 is still more likely, but looking just by level of competition we have every reason to think we could win them all.

Last edited by CRedskinsRule; 11-30-2015 at 02:06 PM.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:01 PM   #68
NoCalHail
Special Teams

One of the biggest problems with the road game performances have been turnovers. We don't protect the ball well on the road.

Our remaining away games are Chicago, Philly, & Dallas. All winnable games if we protect the ball.
NoCalHail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:05 PM   #69
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCalHail View Post
One of the biggest problems with the road game performances have been turnovers. We don't protect the ball well on the road.

Our remaining away games are Chicago, Philly, & Dallas. All winnable games if we protect the ball.
We cant run the ball or we seem disinterested in attempting to run the ball on the road as well. Jay and staff need to fix the road issue.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:30 PM   #70
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Dunbar did NOT play Defense before this season?
Holy shit on a few fronts...Scott!
QD....you may have potential
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:33 PM   #71
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
So would all the other teams,congrats!
I was really hoping you were not going to go the way of some of our.....cowboy peeps.
nice work
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:38 PM   #72
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCalHail View Post
Already over the media's reaction to the game. On ESPN's blitz they treated the narrative as this game being the NYG's chance to "establish their dominance over the division" Excuse me? Let's assume they had won the game, did that suddenly make them "dominant over the division" Sorry, but all four teams in the division are in a relatively similar boat although for different reasons. It felt like they were in pain going over the game highlights and they treated Odell's great catch like it was the most important thing that happened during the game.

They are treating the game as if the lowly 'Skins pulled off some kind of miraculous upset win over the division mainstay. Now look, I know as a franchise we have been very mediocre (if that even) for awhile, but in 2015 to act like we aren't even up to par as a team vs our own equally mediocre division is pretty insulting.

Whatever though, I can't wait for most "experts" to pick the Cowboys to win next week so we can go through another post-game of silent exacerbated looks and dumbfounded takes.

Look, I know whoever wins the NFC likely does it with no better than an 8-8 record but who cares, .500 and sub .500 teams have hosted and WON playoff games in the past.
It's hard to justify using the word dominance, but a Giants win would have meant a 2-game lead for the division, which is fairly commanding at this point in the season. It also would have meant the Giants earned the season sweep of the Skins, so to catch them this is what we would have needed:

- Giants go 2-3, we go 5-0
- or Giants go 1-4, we go 4-1
- or Giants go 0-5, we go 3-2

So it was an absolute must win for us. And we did. I like that.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:45 PM   #73
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
The losses and wins for this team are pretty interesting. I know we keep hearing the home/away record, but the broadcast team yesterday highlighted the difference in the level of competition between away and home. Below are our wins and losses viewed with their current win loss record:
Games we lost
4-7
5-6
6-5
6-5
10-1
11-0

Games we won
4-7
4-7
5-6
4-7
5-6

Games remaining:
3-8
5-6
5-6
5-6
3-8

3 of those are division games which always have more than just the current records, but all of the games are winnable, and if we did win them all we could conceivably be 10-6. I think 8-8 is still more likely, but looking just by level of competition we have every reason to think we could win them all.
Eagles are not 5-6 they are 4-7
Old 11-30-2015, 01:49 PM   #74
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Can't wait to tell Cowboys and Eagles fans to suck my mutherfuckin dick tomorrow at work
Hopefully you don't have any gay male co-workers.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:51 PM   #75
Schneed10
A Dude

Is the road issue a real issue? Or is it the product of playing better teams?

Our 5 road opponents:
W-L Record: 38-17, .690%
Defensive Yards Allowed Per Game: 349

Our 6 home opponents:
W-L Record: 26-40, .393%
Defensive Yards Allowed Per Game: 382

I think the "road issue" is a phantom problem. We're going to be playing some different teams on the road than the ones we've faced so far. The quality of the opponent has a lot more to do with it than the locale. Look at the schedule and our opponents, not at the number of road games remaining.