Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Coaching and Front Office Changes

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-01-2020, 09:59 AM   #61
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Coaching and Front Office Changes

In the end who really cares if ES stays or leaves? Do we as fans really care who manages the salary cap and does the contracts? I don't. It's just more stuff to gossip about and get worked up over nothing if you ask me. ES isn't the only guy on the planet that can do contracts and manage a cap.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-01-2020, 10:58 AM   #62
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
In the end who really cares if ES stays or leaves? Do we as fans really care who manages the salary cap and does the contracts? I don't. It's just more stuff to gossip about and get worked up over nothing if you ask me. ES isn't the only guy on the planet that can do contracts and manage a cap.
I would say he’s the best in the league.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 11:05 AM   #63
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
People really think cap guys that manage to keep teams out of cap hell, despite doling out huge contracts that end up failing, are a dime a dozen huh?
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 11:12 AM   #64
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
He may be, but managing an NFL salary cap isn't brain surgery. Many people can probably do that job. Especially if the cap goes up every year.
Old 01-01-2020, 11:31 AM   #65
MTK
\m/

Schaffer has done a good job here but he seems to have been put on a pedestal by fans. We haven’t won shit because of him that’s for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2020, 12:32 PM   #66
Defensewins
Playmaker

Not sure how anyone in this FO is blameless. These three deals were terrible:

Paul Richardson signed a 5 year, $40,000,000 contract, a $10,000,000 signing bonus, $16,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $8,000,000.

Landon Collins signed a 6 year, $84,000,000, a $15,000,000 signing bonus, $44,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $14,000,000. Plus he is not a FS he is a SS.
SS are easier to find than FS.

Jordan Reed signed a 5 year, $46,750,000 contract, a $9,000,000 signing bonus, $22,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $9,350,000.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 01:05 PM   #67
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
People really think cap guys that manage to keep teams out of cap hell, despite doling out huge contracts that end up failing, are a dime a dozen huh?
It isn't that they are a dime a dozen, but no one that has been in the building prior to Rivera's hire should be automatically safe. It worries me if he actually did leak the story about leaving because that is part of the culture that needs to change!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 01:05 PM   #68
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Not sure how anyone in this FO is blameless. These three deals were terrible:

Paul Richardson signed a 5 year, $40,000,000 contract, a $10,000,000 signing bonus, $16,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $8,000,000.

Landon Collins signed a 6 year, $84,000,000, a $15,000,000 signing bonus, $44,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $14,000,000. Plus he is not a FS he is a SS.
SS are easier to find than FS.

Jordan Reed signed a 5 year, $46,750,000 contract, a $9,000,000 signing bonus, $22,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $9,350,000.
Piss poor signings.
Old 01-01-2020, 01:18 PM   #69
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Piss poor signings.
BA should take the brunt of the blame for those signings and trading Fuller, who by the way will be a FA.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 01:29 PM   #70
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Schaffer isn't an X's and O's guy, he's a cap guy. He makes numbers work. He moves money around so even when we have a lot of money tied up in guys who aren't with the team or not playing, it doesn't limit us from making other moves in the offseason.

Why we would give him credit or blame for roster construction? Or acting like he had a say in whether or not we should sign Landon Collins, or Paul Richardson? You think he's in there watching film or helping Doug Williams evaluate other pro players? His primary job is making the numbers work.

With all that being said I want Rivera to be in complete cohesion with his GM and FO. If Rivera and Schaffer don't get along Schaffer has to go.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 02:27 PM   #71
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Piss poor signings.
It is too early to make a decision on the Collins. The other two were bad deals and should fall on Allen. Collins may be a better fit in the new D scheme.
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 02:33 PM   #72
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

I think it was Sheehan who said he heard Schaffer wanted to take on more of a role in the personnel side of things. This would clearly not be a good idea, as we need experienced people in those roles.

I think we as fans have overvalued Schaffer simply because he navigated us through cap hell time and time again. He has done very well in that role. But whose to say it’s really THAT hard to manage the cap? All the teams do it. It’s just that many teams did not negotiate such terrible deals with players to constantly put the team in cap hell to begin with.

I’m appreciative for what Schaffer has done here, but I’m not going to make him out to be more than he is. We’ve got rid of Bruce and are going all in on Rivera. The best thing for the TEAM is to fill the front office with people who can get on the same page with Rivera and help execute his vision.

We’ve been a losing organization for 20 years. No one should feel safe. Doug Williams, Eric Santos, they’ve been around for a really long time in the league and haven’t done shit to put together a winning organization anywhere. So if they’re sent packing too, then I’m not going to care. I do think Kyle smith has put together a couple really good drafts, so he’s the only one in the whole group who I think has EARNED a shot to remain. But if he goes, I’m not going to get upset over it either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 03:09 PM   #73
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaRedskins View Post
It is too early to make a decision on the Collins. The other two were bad deals and should fall on Allen. Collins may be a better fit in the new D scheme.
I hope Collins proves me wrong. $14,000,000 a year is a lot of money for him.
My biggest concern is his lack of speed. His coverage skills is his weakness. Not sure I ever want a safety that coverage is weak. That needs to be his strength not weakness.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 03:26 PM   #74
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

Per Keim - Bill C will not return.

https://twitter.com/john_keim?ref_sr...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 04:08 PM   #75
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Wouldn't that be an over statement? We know for sure he's great at what he does, but are we really deep enough into the contracts' structuring and cap management of the 31 other teams to know that he's the best in the league ?

Maybe you are, but I'm not... and I'd say most of us aren't, cuz that'd be an incredible amount of time spent acquiring that knowledge.

I think we tend to over evaluate our guys, same goes with players, because we don't spend nearly as much time watching/evaluating other teams' guys.