Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Draft 2005

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-01-2005, 02:39 PM   #1
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

Draft 2005

Things sure have changed since the end of the SuperBowl, players have moved, we gained some digruntled players and so on. Now I ask the forum, who do you guys want the team to draft this year for the burgundy and gold.

Here is my picks
1Mark Clayton wr (Oaklahoma)
2 (trade down in the 1st) Justin Tuck (Norte Dame) Defensive End
3 Matt Jones (Arkansas) wr
4 Jerome Mathis Hampton WR
4(trade for Rod Gardner) Ben Wilkerson(LSU) center
5 Eric Knott Tight End (Michigan State)
6 Maurice Clarret
7Defensive Tackle

Well there it is for me. what u guys think. how would yours go?

Advertisements
Old 03-01-2005, 02:54 PM   #2
Redskins_P
Fight for old DC!

Re: Draft 2005

I like your scenario except for round 6. I don't think Clarett would be a "Gibbs-type" player.
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:00 PM   #3
redwagonskins
Impact Rookie

I have to say that receiver out of South Carolina is looking impressive. Sub 4.4 in the forty. It would be nice to get a guy that can get separation. As for Clarett...no way. Too fragile both physically and mentally.
redwagonskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:03 PM   #4
diehardskin2982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins_P
I like your scenario except for round 6. I don't think Clarett would be a "Gibbs-type" player.
Thanks, I chose the clarett pick because he is a good kid, he's just got a bad rap for his mistaskes and the media needed a story, he can be molded into a great player if he is willing to listen, and if the pressure is taken of his sholders, which it what would happen with portis in the stables.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:03 PM   #5
FRPLG
MVP

you have us taking 3 WR in the first 4 rounds?!?! Why? We have at least 2 guys who are locks for the team right now. Thrash and Jacobs. We also have Antonio Brown who seems to be our return man next year. There's no way we fill out the final 3 spots with rookies. We may draft 2 but we're talking like a 1st rounder and a 7th rounder. We have more needs than receiver and there's no way we'll spend 3 of our first 4 picks on WR.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:04 PM   #6
Balmerskinsfan
Camp Scrub

Why in the name of all thats holy would we ever draft clarett? Hes a pouty little bitch, he had a shit workout at the combine (fullbacks were posting better 40 times than he was) and, oh yeah, we've already got 2 good RBs. Why wouldn't we take a chance on a CB instead?
Balmerskinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:06 PM   #7
diehardskin2982

the kid from hampton was the fastest reciever in the draft with a 4.25 & 4.29 in the 40
plus clayton would give us the chance to move further down to get a 2nd rounder
Old 03-01-2005, 03:10 PM   #8
tallestskinsfanever
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balmerskinsfan
Why in the name of all thats holy would we ever draft clarett? Hes a pouty little bitch, he had a shit workout at the combine (fullbacks were posting better 40 times than he was) and, oh yeah, we've already got 2 good RBs. Why wouldn't we take a chance on a CB instead?
****SNICKER****
tallestskinsfanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:10 PM   #9
diehardskin2982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balmerskinsfan
then lets take a corner makes me no difference
Old 03-01-2005, 03:11 PM   #10
FRPLG
MVP

I'd say Clayton may be a quality pick but I think the Skins will have a shot at either Williams or Williamson and giving a chance on one of those two could be a mistake. 'Tis better to have one game changing stud than two good players. Ideally the skind could drop a spot or two and still get a pick and the WR we need.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:28 PM   #11
PSUskinsfan11
Impact Rookie

I think Wilkerson will be gone before the 4th. I would like to see us get David Baas or Jason Brown at C. I would also like to see us take a DE in the second or third round depending on if we have a pick maybe Chris Canty, Jovan Haye, or George Gause. We might even be able to take one of thise DE's later. I would realllllly like to see us pick up Nehemiah Broughton late in the draft (5,6,7th round). He is 6'0" 250 and runs a 4.5. I saw him at the combine and he is a monster. He would be a great short yardage back and blocker. He also has good hands to catch out of the backfield. He just seems to me like the perfect blue collar player that Gibbs finds late in the draft.
PSUskinsfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:32 PM   #12
Big C
Mr. Brightside

3 WR's in one draft? i think thats a lot, but ok
Old 03-01-2005, 03:37 PM   #13
celts32
Playmaker

I would be very happy with a trade down in the 1st round that netted mark Clayton and a #2 pick. Otherwise I take Mike Williams at #9 if he's there. I can't see the Skins adding 2 or more rookie WR's. They will probably add one veteran WR either in Free agency or trade and then draft one WR. Gibbs doesn't like rookies so he certainly would not want multiple rookies at the same position.

Would love to come out of this draft with a starting WR & DE. I think Center is a position that should be addressed in Free agency. I don't like the prospect of a rookie anchoring the O-line. Maybe we can draft a center to groom, but I would not lok for the starter from the draft.
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:45 PM   #14
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Clarett could not only be shopped by the skins but he could take Betts spot in his rookie year. If he's around for 6-7 I'd take him. If nothing else we could deal him. Let Gibbs mentor him and you always say you guys want diamonds in the rough that we extract. Clarett is exactly that. 95% of the people on this board talked about what a "true Redskin" and how Coles is what every Redskin player should be like - now you hate him. Fickle as hell cats I say. I bet everyone forgets about how Clarett would "never make it" and how he's just a "whiner" if he comes in and does great in the league.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:54 PM   #15
Skinsfanforlife
Camp Scrub

What about D-END? we need to draft at least one this year.
Skinsfanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote