Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


The Haskins Threat

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Your opinion on Haskins right now as of week 8
Bust 9 20.45%
Too early to tell 35 79.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2019, 12:42 AM   #196
JGisLordOfTheRings
The Starter
 
JGisLordOfTheRings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond VA
Posts: 2,389
Re: The Haskins Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
Itís an absolute joke that anyone thinks Haskins is a bust
I'll grab my giant shoes, makeup and red clown nose then.

Dude is a chump.

Played one year with a STACKED OSU team.

He will never be an NFL starter, period.
__________________
The redskins pocket is like my love life.....nonexistent and disappointing. -OnceWeWereKings
JGisLordOfTheRings is offline  

Advertisements
Old 10-31-2019, 08:55 AM   #197
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 92,990
Re: The Haskins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Well Haskins is getting first team reps now and he likely will play against the Bills top rated defense. Lets just let this season play out and see where the cards land.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I'm leaning towards him not starting against Buffalo. I think the team is fine with him not starting at all this year. And no guarantees he heads into next year as the starter. Don't call it an Alex Smith comeback folks.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline  
Old 10-31-2019, 09:52 AM   #198
DYoungJelly
The Starter
 
DYoungJelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Clintwood, VA
Posts: 2,208
Re: The Haskins Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
Itís an absolute joke that anyone thinks Haskins is a bust
Based on what you know now, should the Redskins pick a QB in the 2020 draft?

If so, early, mid, or late rounds? (Assuming draft grades are equal with players at other positions)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!
DYoungJelly is offline  
Old 10-31-2019, 09:59 AM   #199
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 92,990
Re: The Haskins Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Based on what you know now, should the Redskins pick a QB in the 2020 draft?

If so, early, mid, or late rounds? (Assuming draft grades are equal with players at other positions)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Problem is what do we know based on 22 passes and no starts



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline  
Old 10-31-2019, 10:07 AM   #200
Buffalo Bob
The Starter
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 1,740
Re: The Haskins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Well Haskins is getting first team reps now and he likely will play against the Bills top rated defense. Lets just let this season play out and see where the cards land.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
On the other hand I don't think previous lack of first team reps is really stunting his growth. A huge problem is his inconsistent footwork, which effects the accuracy needed to succeed as an NFL QB. He could work on that playing QB in a High School practice scrimmage.
Buffalo Bob is offline  
Old 10-31-2019, 10:08 AM   #201
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 24,564
Re: The Haskins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I'm leaning towards him not starting against Buffalo. I think the team is fine with him not starting at all this year. And no guarantees he heads into next year as the starter. Don't call it an Alex Smith comeback folks.
what a fucking debacle. fucking horseshit team...are they seriously trotting out Alex fucking Smith? jesus Christ, fuck this garbage team. Haskins better be starting by next year.
__________________
Happy Thanksgiving!
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 10-31-2019, 10:17 AM   #202
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,852
Re: The Haskins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
what a fucking debacle. fucking horseshit team...are they seriously trotting out Alex fucking Smith? jesus Christ, fuck this garbage team. Haskins better be starting by next year.
If Alex Smith starts over Haskins next year after that broken leg, it will be tantamount to admitting Haskins is a failed draft pick.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline  
Old 10-31-2019, 10:21 AM   #203
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,852
Re: The Haskins Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Problem is what do we know based on 22 passes and no starts



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eye test. We can tell he has no idea what he's doing. Like no idea, none, at all.

It's not the size of the sample, it's how he's been not just late to deliver the ball, but like he doesn't even know the receiver is supposed to break off his route, and he's waiting for guys to show as open before he throws it. It's how he locks onto receiving targets with his eyes, and it's how he holds the ball way too long.

It's an indicator of exactly how slowly he's picking up the playbook. All QBs come in green with it and have to learn. Some learn faster than others. But you have to be alarmed at how slowly he's learning it.

Four INTs in 22 passes is alarmingly bad. If he keeps learning at this rate he won't be ready to start until his rookie contract is up.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline  
Old 10-31-2019, 10:23 AM   #204
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 24,564
Re: The Haskins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
If Alex Smith starts over Haskins next year after that broken leg, it will be tantamount to admitting Haskins is a failed draft pick.
Exactly...that leg injury was terrible. Iíd really have concerns putting him on the field...mentor Haskins? That would be a perfect role...I think his contract basically ties us to him again for next year
__________________
Happy Thanksgiving!
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 10-31-2019, 10:34 AM   #205
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 92,990
Re: The Haskins Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Eye test. We can tell he has no idea what he's doing. Like no idea, none, at all.

It's not the size of the sample, it's how he's been not just late to deliver the ball, but like he doesn't even know the receiver is supposed to break off his route, and he's waiting for guys to show as open before he throws it. It's how he locks onto receiving targets with his eyes, and it's how he holds the ball way too long.

It's an indicator of exactly how slowly he's picking up the playbook. All QBs come in green with it and have to learn. Some learn faster than others. But you have to be alarmed at how slowly he's learning it.

Four INTs in 22 passes is alarmingly bad. If he keeps learning at this rate he won't be ready to start until his rookie contract is up.
Victim of circumstance. From day 1 he's been on the back burner and developing him properly hasn't been the #1 priority.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline  
Old 10-31-2019, 10:40 AM   #206
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,633
Re: The Haskins Threat

As of now, Tom Brady, Phillip Rivers, Dak Prescott, Jameis Winston, and Marcus Mariota are all set to be free agents next year. We will have a new head coach next year. If he has close ties to one of them, we cant rule out the skins signing them.

I mean, would anyone truly be surprised if Wisenhunt were our coach and Rivers our QB next year?

I'm not saying its likely to happen. But given the history of the way this organization operates, we cant limit our thinking to assuming the 2020 QB will be Haskins or Smith.
__________________
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 10-31-2019, 10:41 AM   #207
SunnySide
Special Teams
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 473
Re: The Haskins Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Eye test. We can tell he has no idea what he's doing. Like no idea, none, at all.

It's not the size of the sample, it's how he's been not just late to deliver the ball, but like he doesn't even know the receiver is supposed to break off his route, and he's waiting for guys to show as open before he throws it. It's how he locks onto receiving targets with his eyes, and it's how he holds the ball way too long.

It's an indicator of exactly how slowly he's picking up the playbook. All QBs come in green with it and have to learn. Some learn faster than others. But you have to be alarmed at how slowly he's learning it.

Four INTs in 22 passes is alarmingly bad. If he keeps learning at this rate he won't be ready to start until his rookie contract is up.
-timing
-throwing to a space
-knowing when a receiver will break their route
- knowing how far a certain receiver will push their route down field
-not locking onto your primary read
- using your eyes to shift a safety
-feeling the pressure while keeping your eyes down field

^^ these are like premier top 15 in the NFL type traits. These also seem to be timing, quick hit west coast type traits. He seems to be a better version of Jason Campbell. Big arm, hangs in the pocket.

How is he supposed to get chemistry and timing down with the receivers if he is not in game? He needs to be in there so he can have 3rd and 7s and find out just how far a certain WR will push an out route before breaking it off. he needs to play with the guys to build up the trust that if he puts the ball in the right place, the receiver is on the same page and he can trust the receiver will get to that space.

My eyes tell me he just doesnt have the "it" but I have to remind myself that we have only seen what this kid can do under bad circumstances. I want to see what he can do after like 6 starts where he practiced w the 1s. Where we know what works for him and what doesnt.

He has a live NFL arm.
__________________
"We haven't put it together. We've made too many mistakes on game day. But the effort. The effort of the players and the rest of this organization is fantastic," Redskins Team President Bruce Allen said in early October.
SunnySide is offline  
Old 10-31-2019, 10:47 AM   #208
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 92,990
Re: The Haskins Threat

In RG3's rookie year does anyone think he would have had any success at all if he was dropped into a traditional offense and took a small share of the snaps in camp? He would have been a fucking disaster.

RG3 is proof that if you go all in on developing a rookie QB he can have success. What the Skins have done with Haskins so far is what you do with a guy you have no interest in playing at all as a rookie, and who even knows in year 2 how serious they'll be in getting him ready. Keeping in line with Bruce's "we're close" way of thinking, and Callahan's comments about developing Haskins like Steve Young or Aaron Rodgers (meaning they're ok with him sitting a while), I can totally see a scenario where it's Smith or Keenum starting in 2020.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline  
Old 10-31-2019, 10:49 AM   #209
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,852
Re: The Haskins Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
In RG3's rookie year does anyone think he would have had any success at all if he was dropped into a traditional offense and took a small share of the snaps in camp? He would have been a fucking disaster.

RG3 is proof that if you go all in on developing a rookie QB he can have success. What the Skins have done with Haskins so far is what you do with a guy you have no interest in playing at all as a rookie, and who even knows in year 2 how serious they'll be in getting him ready. Keeping in line with Bruce's "we're close" way of thinking, and Callahan's comments about developing Haskins like Steve Young or Aaron Rodgers (meaning they're ok with him sitting a while), I can totally see a scenario where it's Smith or Keenum starting in 2020.
If your first round pick can't beat out a recovering and very old Alex Smith, or the ultimate journeyman in Keenum, then your first round pick is a bust.

Rodgers and Young both sat. But they didn't sit behind Keenum. They sat behind two of the greatest of all time.

If Haskins can't beat out Keenum next year we got problems.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline  
Old 10-31-2019, 10:53 AM   #210
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,852
Re: The Haskins Threat

I mean there's no point in labeling the dude a bust now. He's under contract with us for at least three more years at a rookie dollar figure. So you give him time and see how he does. But next year will tell us a lot, and I'd be lying if I didn't say I was pretty discouraged so far.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.17434 seconds with 11 queries