Advertisements
Old 11-25-2011, 02:45 PM   #62
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Re: 2012 QB Prospects (Part 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
He can't throw?
Wow, last week it was all he did was throw deep and acurate. I'll defer cause I honestly don't watch a ton of college FB but I've noticed that LSU is winning and winning big most of it's games. On top of that they are ranked #1 which would lead me to believe they have a good QB that makes good decisions. .... and no one has been talking about him. At all.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:46 PM   #63
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Wow, last week it was all he did was throw deep and acurate. I'll defer cause I honestly don't watch a ton of college FB but I've noticed that LSU is winning and winning big most of it's games. On top of that they are ranked #1 which would lead me to believe they have a good QB that makes good decisions. .... and no one has been talking about him. At all.

He's a solid college QB but I don't see him in the NFL as a starter
Old 11-25-2011, 02:49 PM   #64
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Well, LSU's best quarterback is Jordan Jefferson, who at least interests me because of his size and skill set and arm, but I don't think he'll do anything in the NFL either.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #65
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
RG is barely six feet tall according to several people. Scouts seem to love RT's upside
RGIII is much more athletic than Moore, so he has more in his arsenal. Besides, I mentioned RGIII with the others because he is put in that category by most people. Personally, I prefer a taller QB. If Jones and Barkley don't come out then I wouldn't know what to do other than to draft RGIII. If none of those three comes out, I probably wouldn't draft a QB before the third round (I also would cry softly into my pillow).
Old 11-25-2011, 03:23 PM   #66
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I don't really know if Cousins is a good fit here or anywhere as a starter quite honestly.

I know I've said I've heard the Skins aren't interested in Barkley...but I also don't believe it. The more I watch of him I can't see why we wouldn't be. A lot of people suspect though that the Browns will do whatever it takes to ensure they get him...if he comes out.

Which brings me back to something else I had brought up a while back. Rumor is Colt McCoy might be available. So if he was and we didn't get a QB in the 1st, what's more tempting-draft a guy like Moore in the 3rd or 4th or trade that pick for McCoy?
Old 11-25-2011, 03:28 PM   #67
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Don't think Tyler Wilson will come out but if he did he'd certainly be worth considering
Old 11-25-2011, 03:34 PM   #68
Big C
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
He's a solid college QB but I don't see him in the NFL as a starter
lsu's weakest link is the quarterback position and has been since jamarcus russell left. neither jefferson nor lee have a future in the nfl, no way.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:07 PM   #69
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Don't think Tyler Wilson will come out but if he did he'd certainly be worth considering
There's a lot of raw throwers in college to keep our eyes on -- even though we're probably taking a QB high in 2012 -- in future years. Wilson, Tyler Bray, Aaron Murray, Casey Pachall, and a few others.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:09 PM   #70
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
I don't really know if Cousins is a good fit here or anywhere as a starter quite honestly.

I know I've said I've heard the Skins aren't interested in Barkley...but I also don't believe it. The more I watch of him I can't see why we wouldn't be. A lot of people suspect though that the Browns will do whatever it takes to ensure they get him...if he comes out.

Which brings me back to something else I had brought up a while back. Rumor is Colt McCoy might be available. So if he was and we didn't get a QB in the 1st, what's more tempting-draft a guy like Moore in the 3rd or 4th or trade that pick for McCoy?
I'd imagine that it would cost more than that to draft Kellen Moore, but I'd trade for McCoy as soon as Moore is off the board.

The advantage to McCoy is the mobility, but I think that Kellen Moore has all the similar strengths to McCoy, but is simply more proficient at a lot of those strengths. All of that said, it would seem like the last two weeks probably did a lot to change the "availability" of Colt McCoy.

The way things are going to work out, it seems like were talking about a no. 2 QB here.

Last edited by GTripp0012; 11-25-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:28 PM   #71
Big C
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
There's a lot of raw throwers in college to keep our eyes on -- even though we're probably taking a QB high in 2012 -- in future years. Wilson, Tyler Bray, Aaron Murray, Casey Pachall, and a few others.
throw in brynn renner, logan thomas, and derek carr (david carr's little brother)
Old 11-25-2011, 05:00 PM   #72
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:

Here's a very good article by Michael Silver on McCoy, apparently his old OC was a total dick:

McCoy develops thick skin after rookie hazing - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 11-25-2011, 05:14 PM   #73
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

That's a good article
Old 11-25-2011, 05:39 PM   #74
tc2deuce
Special Teams

My top QB's for 2012 draft