Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

March Madness?

Parking Lot

Old 02-25-2004, 11:51 AM   #1
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

March Madness?

Anyone else in here big on college hoops? What do you tihnk of whats going on right now? How do you like the chances of Stanford/St.Joes to go unbeaten. I think they both will regular season, I think that we might have the best chance to see a #1 fall to a 16 this year in St. Joes. I'm not taking anything away from them, they are a great team, I'm just saying, they are alot weaker than the normal #1's. My four #1's are Stanford, St.Joes, Gonzaga, Pittsburgh. Any comments?
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-25-2004, 11:57 AM   #2
MTK
\m/

The tournament is the most exciting thing in sports outside of the Super Bowl in my opinion. I'm not big on college football, but college b-ball kicks major butt. I'll get a Yahoo Tournament Pick 'em going as soon as they put it up.

Last edited by MTK; 02-25-2004 at 12:00 PM.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 12:36 PM   #3
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I too love march madness. I'm a much bigger football guy than basketball, but I remeber i used to go to the bathroom in jr high just to listen to the games lol cause they are the middle of the day
Old 02-25-2004, 01:36 PM   #4
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I'm in Matty! I really like Wake Forest as the upset special. That PG Paul they have is really good.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 02:14 PM   #5
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Yeah he is, did you hear the story about him from high school, with the tribute to his grandfather? its awsome stuff
Old 02-25-2004, 04:31 PM   #6
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

St. Joe's has a better chance of staying undefeated...but I think neither will...

I love March Madness...it's amazing how last year CBS did it right...audio feeds for each game, and you could pick the game you wanted to listen to, and keep track on their StatTrackers...work never gets in my away during tourney time.

Matty...i'm in for the pick'em.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 05:35 PM   #7
MTK
\m/

In my high school they used to set up TV's in the lounge areas so we could watch the games, LOL. Some of my teachers would even wheel in a TV and let us watch in class.

I look back on stuff like that now and wonder how in the hell did we get to do stuff like that??

I had another teacher who used to let us play nerf basketball in class, ahhh high school what a joke!
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 07:07 PM   #8
azskinsfan2
Special Teams

I don't think either one of them will go through the tourney undefeated, but I'd give Stanford the better chance. Look out for Arizona though, when they are hot they're hot. They've had a hard time staying consistent but I think March Madness will bring out the best in them!!! I think the ACC is a great basketball conference but don't ever count out the Pac-10!!!!!!!!
GO WILDCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!
azskinsfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 08:07 PM   #9
BrudLee
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
In my high school they used to set up TV's in the lounge areas so we could watch the games, LOL. Some of my teachers would even wheel in a TV and let us watch in class.

I look back on stuff like that now and wonder how in the hell did we get to do stuff like that??

I had another teacher who used to let us play nerf basketball in class, ahhh high school what a joke!
I hear you, Matty - what about $1.50 lunches? I can't imagine getting a hot (sometimes good) meal anywhere for that kind of money. Even if you were starving, $5 takes care of you.

I coached youth basketball in high school, and I had the twin sons of my history teacher on my team. We went undefeated, I got a high A. Draw your own conclusions.
BrudLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 01:25 AM   #10
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I think a couple of sleepers to watch out for are Louisville and Memphis.
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 09:25 AM   #11
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Memphis I strongly agree with, Lousiville has been so up and down all season, its gonna be interesting to see waht they do