Trump Accomplishments

Debating with the enemy

Old 03-02-2020, 07:46 AM   #61
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Re: Trump Accomplishments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Republicans bashed Obama more than any president in history, you get what you give.
I thought Obama was supposed to bring people together, how do you do that by constantly bad mouthing 1/2 the population, plus rich people and businesses? Most overrated president by his supporters in the history of the USA. I have seen polls where supposed presidential scholars rated him above Kennedy. What a freaking joke. I guess they figured dealing with the Cuban missile crisis and averting WWIII was not as important as putting a man in the ladies room.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-02-2020, 11:03 AM   #62
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I thought Obama was supposed to bring people together, how do you do that by constantly bad mouthing 1/2 the population, plus rich people and businesses? Most overrated president by his supporters in the history of the USA. I have seen polls where supposed presidential scholars rated him above Kennedy. What a freaking joke. I guess they figured dealing with the Cuban missile crisis and averting WWIII was not as important as putting a man in the ladies room.
Bad mouthing - I would need to see some good actual examples of Obama doing this.

Men in womans bathrooms - there are US citizens who are different from you. Different from me. As a country, i personally think we could do a lot less judging of others who arent like us.

I could hate and call every person who is on disability a fake and a leach and lazy ..... but then I could talk to those actual people, hear their stories and perhaps walk away with a different impression.
Old 03-02-2020, 11:24 AM   #63
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Bad mouthing - I would need to see some good actual examples of Obama doing this.

Men in womans bathrooms - there are US citizens who are different from you. Different from me. As a country, i personally think we could do a lot less judging of others who arent like us.

I could hate and call every person who is on disability a fake and a leach and lazy ..... but then I could talk to those actual people, hear their stories and perhaps walk away with a different impression.
Seriously, you must have never heard him speak. I understand people don't seem to note over the top behavior when they agree with the speaker. I know quite a few liberals that claim media is balanced on both sides, just as many left leaning ones as right leaning ones. As for bathrooms, I am pretty sure for every cross dressing dude that wants to use the ladies room there are a 100 women that don't want dudes in their bathroom.
Old 03-02-2020, 11:36 AM   #64
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Seriously, you must have never heard him speak. I understand people don't seem to note over the top behavior when they agree with the speaker. I know quite a few liberals that claim media is balanced on both sides, just as many left leaning ones as right leaning ones. As for bathrooms, I am pretty sure for every cross dressing dude that wants to use the ladies room there are a 100 women that don't want dudes in their bathroom.
Okay ... you obviously have it all figured out for you. Every person gets to live in their own world and that is totally cool. I cant tell you what to do or think and what I think is only right for me, and what you think is only right for you.

You seem very confident your world doesnt need any more evolving or new experiences or potential thoughts. And thats cool. Youve effectively closed your borders to any new thoughts or ideas that dont conform to your world's long held beliefs.

And thats totally cool .. for you, in your world.

For me ... I am open to considering Obama "constantly bad mouthed 1/2 of the population" but I would require actual quotes and proof ... and not your world's conclusions .. which seem pre biased and pre-conceived with the only question is not "where do we go" but "how do we get to hating liberals".

Thats one of the things I love about America. Every person gets to set the rules for their own world. Thats freedom and privilege to me.
Old 03-02-2020, 11:52 AM   #65
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Okay ... you obviously have it all figured out for you. Every person gets to live in their own world and that is totally cool. I cant tell you what to do or think and what I think is only right for me, and what you think is only right for you.

You seem very confident your world doesnt need any more evolving or new experiences or potential thoughts. And thats cool. Youve effectively closed your borders to any new thoughts or ideas that dont conform to your world's long held beliefs.

And thats totally cool .. for you, in your world.

For me ... I am open to considering Obama "constantly bad mouthed 1/2 of the population" but I would require actual quotes and proof ... and not your world's conclusions .. which seem pre biased and pre-conceived with the only question is not "where do we go" but "how do we get to hating liberals".

Thats one of the things I love about America. Every person gets to set the rules for their own world. Thats freedom and privilege to me.
Try "You didn't build that" with that Obama insulted every business owner in the USA, and that would include me, screw him.
Old 03-02-2020, 11:54 AM   #66
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

As for "evolving" in whose right mind should grown men share a restroom with little girls, that is insane. Progressively more crazy if you ask me. Some things don't need to change, they are fine as they are.
Old 03-02-2020, 12:09 PM   #67
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Try "You didn't build that" with that Obama insulted every business owner in the USA, and that would include me, screw him.
"There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me – because they want to give something back. They know they didn't – look, if you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own. You didn't get there on your own. I'm always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something – there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don't do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires."

Obama, July 13, 2012

--------------

I could see how someone could take offense to someone saying they didnt build their own company or their own companys success is not based on the owners hard work or intelligence. A person should take a lot of pride in running a small business. And perhaps may be sensitive to others, who no nothing of their own personal story, to say they dont get 100% of the credit for what they built. How would that person know how much blood or sweat or the risks of the debt the owner had to take on to make it happen.

It seems taking that interpretation of what he said would be ignoring the part where he said a few sentences later that ... "The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together."

I think reasonable minds would agree small business in America are not each on their own isolated island but each small business benefits from being part of a well run society and economy.

in the most basic rudimentary sense ... we, as small businesses, are reliant on customers and clients and the roads (or internet) that connect us to our customers and the marketplace. I certainly couldnt do my job and make income if there werent cars on the road, laws for driving cars, doctors, hospitals, insurance companies, courthouses, judges, balliffs etc ..

Obama is clearly talking about the help that we each got (or should have got) along the way. he mentions a great teacher as an example. I do think we all have benefited from someone helping us, showing us how it is done, perhaps encouraging us, giving us our first job or giving us a business loan etc ...

Thank you for the example BB.

(I believe you said you are not a trump supporter so im not going to parade the lengthy tweets form him specifically attacking half the country or businesses etc)
Old 03-02-2020, 12:17 PM   #68
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
As for "evolving" in whose right mind should grown men share a restroom with little girls, that is insane. Progressively more crazy if you ask me. Some things don't need to change, they are fine as they are.
Obama made it a federal regulation for school children to be able to use the bathroom they identify with. My daughter is 7 and a boy in her school wears dresses sometimes or a sparkly glove. In my own personal heart, I hope that kid gets to use the bathroom he is most comfortable with.

As for adults .. I dont 100% know where I stand. To be honest, I havent been confronted with that situation where a man walked into a womans bathroom when my daughter was in there. I honestly dont know what i would do until i was put in that spot.

I try not take the most controversial thing from a political group and use that as an example of all of their ideas or beliefs though. I imagine a lot of moderate dems are not okay with making any bathroom open for any person.

There are many moderate dems and moderate republicans ... and i imagine they agree with each other on a lot of things.
Old 03-02-2020, 02:01 PM   #69
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

It seems I can't get to most websites that list the telephone book long Obama's anti-Republican rhetoric without turning off my ad blocker, so I will give up on that task. I have data capped internet with 15 GB of priority data a month and a huge chunk of that gets used on a website I get work from. If I go over I get throttled to 600 Kbps for the rest of the billing period and a lot of modern websites run poorly at those speeds.

I understand people whose gender identification and sexuality deviate from the masses are a cause of genetics, and most I have met wish they were like everybody else. I just don't think it is right to make most of the general population uncomfortable trying to make a small percentage of people comfortable. It seems like minority rule in the USA.

For the record I am going to vote for Biden tomorrow and I am one of those middle aged white Republicans a lot of liberals, even in here wish death upon. Strange how liberals claim Republicans are the party of hate when I have yet to see a Republican say they are glad people with old school beliefs are dying off.
Old 03-02-2020, 02:17 PM   #70
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
............very trumpish of you .Obama brought many but the hating people of this great nation together,the man won in a landslide twice . So while your bias hate filled rant is entertaining it is at the same time ignorant and moronic all so , congratulations.
Old 03-03-2020, 02:01 PM   #71
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
this is from the same artical..........................

"As a candidate, Trump was vocally skeptical of climate change regulations but specifically vowed “to promote clean air and water,” which are overwhelmingly popular causes. But Trump has moved to roll back dozens of rules on these subjects without the changes ever becoming a focus of sustained public debate.

Most of these rollbacks’ impacts will be felt primarily in the long term, but already, particulate pollution is getting worse, reversing years of progress. A team of researchers at Carnegie Mellon estimates that 9,700 more Americans died due to air pollution in 2018 than in 2016, in part due to regulatory changes. But the Trump administration is moving to restrict the range of evidence used to demonstrate air pollution’s harms, hoping to forestall the promulgation of new standards that would lead to stricter regulation."
Funny your article you linked was from 12/2019. Why didn't back up that statement with facts?
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 02:03 PM   #72
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
this is from the same artical..........................

"As a candidate, Trump was vocally skeptical of climate change regulations but specifically vowed “to promote clean air and water,” which are overwhelmingly popular causes. But Trump has moved to roll back dozens of rules on these subjects without the changes ever becoming a focus of sustained public debate.

Most of these rollbacks’ impacts will be felt primarily in the long term, but already, particulate pollution is getting worse, reversing years of progress. A team of researchers at Carnegie Mellon estimates that 9,700 more Americans died due to air pollution in 2018 than in 2016, in part due to regulatory changes. But the Trump administration is moving to restrict the range of evidence used to demonstrate air pollution’s harms, hoping to forestall the promulgation of new standards that would lead to stricter regulation."
You have to love these statements without any facts to back them up.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 09:17 PM   #73
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
You have to love these statements without any facts to back them up.
You scream like kellyann yet you don't a fact to discredit a thing.
Old 03-04-2020, 01:12 PM   #74
SunnySide
Playmaker

Pulling out of Afghanistan. I sincerely and honestly thank Trump for pulling out of Afghanistan and Syria. These were endless occupations and I think a vast majority of Americans wanted a more limited endless military commitment to areas like Afghanistan. Obama and Trump ran on a platform of less occupation and bringing troops home.

I will say this .... im 100% convinced if Obama or any Dem did a sudden pull out from Syria or Afghanistan with an agreement to release 5000 taliban soldiers like Trump has ... republicans, fox news talking heads and some people here would be demanding he be removed from office, talking about how he just spit on the graves of the 2,441 US troops who lost their lives there since 2001.

Instead we get a muted response from Graham and Rubio that is buried down below the fold on Fox News. No reporting of the 2 soldiers just killed days after the supposed peace treaty and buried article from Fox on how Trump is the first US president ever to talk w the Taliban.

Both parties suffer from hypocrisy. This time its the Republicans that are wearing it.
Old 03-04-2020, 01:18 PM   #75
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
............very trumpish of you .Obama brought many but the hating people of this great nation together,the man won in a landslide twice . So while your bias hate filled rant is entertaining it is at the same time ignorant and moronic all so , congratulations.
Typical liberal grade school name calling, grow the hell up. I would venture a guess I am a lot more intelligent than you are. Anytime you would like to take an I.Q. test I am all for it.