F 2 1.48%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #31
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Re: Draft wrap-up 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilgrin View Post
I gave it a B. Lots of great skill position picks, but I'd like too have seen at least one or two linemen.
Not to pick on you, but I'm not getting this fascination with drafting linemen this year. We're already 2 deep at every position on the line. Not pro-bowlers deep but sure as hell better off than 5th or 6th round rookie deep. What value would a 5th or 6th round OL bring over a Gettis, Compton, LeRibeus, Hurt? We drafted 6 OL over the past 3 years and signed 3 more who are starting for us. What more do we need to do on the OL?

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #32
SirLK26
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilgrin View Post
I gave it a B. Lots of great skill position picks, but I'd like too have seen at least one or two linemen.

You got your wish then. Brandon Jenkins is a defensive end, a defensive end is a lineman.
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:38 PM   #33
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
[/B]

You got your wish then. Brandon Jenkins is a defensive end, a defensive end is a lineman.
lineman or linebacker?
Old 04-27-2013, 09:40 PM   #34
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

I gave our draft a A based off of need and value. We covered 3 huge holes with the two safeties and CB. Reed is a insurance policy for Fred, who I think they let walk next year anyways. To get Jenkins in the 5th round could potentially be the steal of the draft. Had he played in 2012, he most likely would have been a 2nd rounder or higher. Mike is the best in the business at finding incredible RBs so I'll defer to his judgement on these picks. Besides, Helu hasn't shown he can stay healthy and no way can we continue running Morris the way we did. We desperately needed a change of back to compliment him. We got that.

Solid draft. Whether they pan out or not is another story.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:41 PM   #35
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Phillip Thomas & Bacarri Rambo. One a Fresno State Bulldog and the other a Georgia Bulldog. I can't wait to see both of these Bulldogs wearing the burgundy and gold.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:43 PM   #36
MTK
\m/

I'm a little sketchy on Amerson. They obviously feel they can coach him up. He seems to have all the physical tools you could want.

Love the Reed pick. He could give us an all new dimension on offense.

Thomas should challenge for a starting job right off the bat.

Thompson's injuries are a concern, is he too fragile? He looks legit in the open field. Screen game could be real interesting with him.

Jenkins could contribute right away as a pass rusher.

Rambo could be another great value pick if he doesn't have any off the field issues. I hope he comes in with a big chip on his shoulder.

Jamison sounds like another Shanny-back. A relative unknown who might be an ideal fit in this running game.

Overall I think we definitely took some risks, but we also have some possible high reward guys too. Nice balance of addressing big needs on D while also giving the offense some new toys.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:44 PM   #37
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
[/B]

He'll be converted to a OLB. Even the Ravens were looking hard at him for the OLB position.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 04-27-2013, 09:50 PM   #38
vallin21
The Starter

Gave it an A. We addressed the secondary with 3 potential starters; Thompson if healthy could be the change of pace back behind Morris. Jenkins IMO, had he stayed healthy would've been a 2-3 pick. Even better that we didn't reach for need; we waited got value AND addressed needs.
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:50 PM   #39
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Not to pick on you, but I'm not getting this fascination with drafting linemen this year. We're already 2 deep at every position on the line. Not pro-bowlers deep but sure as hell better off than 5th or 6th round rookie deep. What value would a 5th or 6th round OL bring over a Gettis, Compton, LeRibeus, Hurt? We drafted 6 OL over the past 3 years and signed 3 more who are starting for us. What more do we need to do on the OL?
This.

I understand having some concern about RT, but I don't think it's a dire situation.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:57 PM   #40
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
This.

I understand having some concern about RT, but I don't think it's a dire situation.

Besides, nobody we would have taken in the 4th-7th round would have supplanted Polumbus anyhow. The point is moot about taking a OT in those late rounds.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:00 PM   #41
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Exactly
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:09 PM   #42
los panda
Pro Bowl

i'm not really seeing any type of fascination, but i do think some of our depth on the o-line may be assumed. have we assumed that all the guys we drafted last year have developed?

leribeus was the only one of the 3 to dress; he dressed for 5 games.

don't read me wrong, i'm not calling it a need. just like i wasn't calling rb a need.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:10 PM   #43
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
i'm not really seeing any type of fascination, but i do think some of our depth on the o-line may be assumed. have we assumed that all the guys we drafted last year have developed?

leribeus was the only one of the 3 to dress; he dressed for 5 games.

don't read me wrong, i'm not calling it a need. just like i wasn't calling rb a need.
I assume the coaches know better than we
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:21 PM   #44
MTK
\m/

NFL draft: Redskins address deep secondary need with free safeties Phillip Thomas, Bacarri Rambo - Washington Times
Old 04-27-2013, 10:33 PM   #45
Defensewins
Playmaker

^ So are P. Thomas and B. Rambo FS or SS? NFL.com has them listed as SS but the above article says they are FS. I guess it does not matter as we need both, but why the confusion?
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote