Advertisements
Old 10-19-2016, 10:15 AM   #17
J. Falcon
The Starter

Re: Skins @ Lions pregame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Yes. First playoff run under gibbs 2.0.
2012 they finished 6-0. 6-1/2 if you count the first half against Seattle. Man they were rolling. Than the injury.
Sorry, what injury?
J. Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:30 AM   #18
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
We are not blowing out Detroit guys. They are on a roll and Stafford is playing MVP level of football. I think without a run game that will ultimately hurt them too much and we win a close game. 31-24. Our offense in a dome will be too much for the lions defense but again Stafford is rolling.

Cousins will have 4 tds 0 ints

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Stafford is balling (and their receivers corps is quite good), but he's pretty much the only one ballin' on the team. They are not that much on a roll IMO: they (barely) beat the eagles but almost blew a 21 - 0 lead, wasn't if for the late INT, and almost lost to the RAMS, wasn't it for the late INT... So if KC is playing smart football, I say we have the weapons to blow them out (not sure we'll do, but definitely can) !
Old 10-19-2016, 10:35 AM   #19
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Our CB's will be tested in this game, Detroit has got some good receivers and Stafford has been hitting them, Detroit always tough at home. Proceed with caution.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:51 AM   #20
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
A couple of negative nancy moments:

Detroit somehow always finds a way to get under the Skins skin. They won't be an easy win by any stretch.

Breeland is going to have his make or break game. I have to believe the other NFL teams have watched this year and know he isn't the same corner as last year. With Norman playing lights out, Stafford is going to go mercilessly at Breeland. IF he steps up, it will be a huge statement game. If he continues to struggle, it will be a looonng afternoon.

This game should be a eye opener to the rest of the league about our offense. If we don't put up over 35, it will be because Gruden took his foot off the gas and lacks aggressiveness in point accumulation. Something I have disliked about him for the past 2 years.

When was the last time the Redskins won 5 in a row? Does anyone know without google?

It's a rough one this week, not because we can't win it, but more so because Detroit is just enough of an enigma to the Skins that we probably won't win.
I trust Bree to have a good game but Stafford is a good QB and they do have decent receivers. Norman was only targeted once last week so I imagine Bree will be tested but hopefully we can roll some help towards his side. Thats the luxury of having a Norman, we can dictate to the opponents offense to a degree.

5 in a row - the year ST unfortunately passed away and Todd Collins carried us into the playoffs is my best guess.
----------------

Lions seem to be about as banged up as we are.
Detroit Lions | Injury Report

Last edited by over the mountain; 10-19-2016 at 11:10 AM.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 11:09 AM   #21
SirLK26
The Starter

Lol guys I can't believe 2012 was forgotten so quickly. We won 7 in a row to finish the season after a 3-6 start...

Time must move slower for me
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 11:16 AM   #22
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
Lol guys I can't believe 2012 was forgotten so quickly. We won 7 in a row to finish the season after a 3-6 start...

Time must move slower for me
I think the pain of the ending and the 3-13 season that followed created Skins Amnesia.

BUT to take the question one step further, when was the last time we had a 5 game win streak not at the end of the season (in other words, not one where the team had the very tangible win and in progression that marked both the 2012 and 2005 streaks)

and for the bonus round:

What is the longest win streak, including playoff games the Redskins have had since 1991?
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:01 PM   #23
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Falcon View Post
Sorry, what injury?

Griff
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:05 PM   #24
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

How good is the Detroit O-Line? Stafford is not particularly mobile and if we can bring pressure the way we have been the last three games, we should be able to handle their offense. They are down to their 4th string, waiver-wire RB Justin Forsett.

Without google, since '91, I know we had a six game streak to start off the Zorn era and the seven game streak in 2012. I think the 91 team had a 12 game streak.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:44 PM   #25
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
How good is the Detroit O-Line? Stafford is not particularly mobile and if we can bring pressure the way we have been the last three games, we should be able to handle their offense. They are down to their 4th string, waiver-wire RB Justin Forsett.

Without google, since '91, I know we had a six game streak to start off the Zorn era and the seven game streak in 2012. I think the 91 team had a 12 game streak.
Really not that good... like I said 25th in sacks allowed, against the Rams Stafford was forced to pick up a few first down with his legs, doing a lot of plays from outside the pocket, this guy really is an elite QB, his team just isn't matching his level of play.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:04 PM   #26
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Really not that good... like I said 25th in sacks allowed, against the Rams Stafford was forced to pick up a few first down with his legs, doing a lot of plays from outside the pocket, this guy really is an elite QB, his team just isn't matching his level of play.
Stafford has to be reading blitz well because his completion %...I think it might be close to league leader.

Id say lets do what we did last week...rush 4 to see if we can get that pressure and play coverage...make Stafford have to read the field post snap and hold the ball. Stafford can be stripped sacked too.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 01:06 PM   #27
J. Falcon
The Starter

We've gone 2 weeks now without a turnover. This has to be the game that changes. I predict at least 2, maybe 3.
J. Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 01:39 PM   #28
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
I think the pain of the ending and the 3-13 season that followed created Skins Amnesia.

BUT to take the question one step further, when was the last time we had a 5 game win streak not at the end of the season (in other words, not one where the team had the very tangible win and in progression that marked both the 2012 and 2005 streaks)

and for the bonus round:

What is the longest win streak, including playoff games the Redskins have had since 1991?

Without googling....im going to say Marty Schottenheimer year? Did we go 8-0 than 8-8 or something? As far as the biggest win streak ill say 8 in a row in 1999????
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 02:31 PM   #29
los panda
Pro Bowl

i was going to make a lame joke about facing forsett twice, but realized e was already gone when we beat the ravens.
Old 10-19-2016, 02:43 PM   #30
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:

and for the bonus round:

Shottenhiemer from 0-5 to 5-5 ? Stsrted with the Arringtin pick 6? I think thats the one. The bonus round i cant think of without googling but I'd want to say the year of 99.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote