Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Cooley Drops Bomb on Haynesworth

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-29-2013, 11:39 AM   #31
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Cooley Drops Bomb on Haynesworth

Even after here, Haynesworth had chances with New England and Tampa. Didn't matter

I've heard many similar stories about AH, for what it's worth. Not specifically about the money. But about him refusing to practice and telling people at RP that he wasn't going to do anymore than he needed to do

Advertisements
Old 10-29-2013, 11:40 AM   #32
FRPLG
MVP

You cannot NOT blame Haynesworth. You can blame the org for a lot of different stuff but just because they were idiots doesn't mean you don't blame the thief whole stole from them.

It's like saying "Did you see what she was wearing? She was asking for it." Same mindset.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:43 AM   #33
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Yes I do
Cult Brennan has assured me Cooley is wrong,lol
Cooleys probably telling it like it is,just hard to believe someone would be so stupid as to tell his teammates that
Also haynesworths play his first yr here does not back up what Cooley is saying
That should be good enough!
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #34
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
That should be good enough!
Lmao
This subject is not worth debating anymore
Old 10-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #35
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Lmao
This subject is not worth debating anymore
For real, this is offseason material.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #36
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
You cannot NOT blame Haynesworth. You can blame the org for a lot of different stuff but just because they were idiots doesn't mean you don't blame the thief whole stole from them.

It's like saying "Did you see what she was wearing? She was asking for it." Same mindset.
Yeah I dont think its fair to bring rape into it, but the skins were asking for it especially after showing a clear history of being burned time and time again. Skins didnt do they're due dillegence, they obviously had no clear plan, and it didnt matter what Albert wore, he clearly identified the Skins as a mark. And took advantage of it.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #37
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Yeah I dont think its fair to bring rape into it, but the skins were asking for it especially after showing a clear history of being burned time and time again. Skins didnt do they're due dillegence, they obviously had no clear plan, and it didnt matter what Albert wore, he clearly identified the Skins as a mark. And took advantage of it.
Through deceit and fraud - had he played, given it his best and not lived up to the contract, then he would have been faultless. As it is, he saw someone he could steal from and did so - he is (in the words of Cooley) an awful human being.

As FRPLG said, if I leave my stupidly leave my house unlocked, it is still wrong to steal from me. Not sure how this is not making sense to some.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #38
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Through deceit and fraud - had he played, given it his best and not lived up to the contract, then he would have been faultless. As it is, he saw someone he could steal from and did so - he is (in the words of Cooley) an awful human being.

As FRPLG said, if I leave my stupidly leave my house unlocked, it is still wrong to steal from me. Not sure how this is not making sense to some.
Because you kept leaving your house unlocked and people kept walking in and stealing time and time again. Your negligence is a contributing factor. It was a culture. It had to change and it has.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:15 PM   #39
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Because you kept leaving your house unlocked and people kept walking in and stealing time and time again. Your negligence is a contributing factor. It was a culture. It had to change and it has.
Yeah, always blame the victim. /SARC
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:27 PM   #40
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post

I blame your English teacher.

A thief is a thief. It doesn't matter if someone left a door open, stealing is the crime of the one who stole it...and only his.

Dan Snyder and Vinny Cerrato may have overpaid players horribly, but they still gave them the contracts with the expectation that the player would give full effort to deserve and earn the money. Signing an old Deion Sanders or Bruce Smith like they were in their prime, or paying a bum like Adam Archuleta top money is still not "asking for it". The players are still expected to at least try. Haynesworth apparently came in with no intention of giving ANY effort at all and with a goal of being paid and forcing the team to release him so he can do it to another team.

That's break of contract, fraud and flat out stealing.

If you can't condemn Haynesworth, I'm shocked. Well, maybe not, look at the welfare state we live in these days. Stealing from the rich is actually endorsed now.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:38 PM   #41
skinsfan69
Living Legend

AH and the Redskins are both to blame. The Redskins were stupid to outbid everyone for a guy with serious questionable character. AH is a POS for basically taking the money and doing nothing when he got here. Yeah someone else would've signed him...Tampa and the Giants were in the running, but there was no way Snyder was going to get outbid. If you play with a snake long enough you will get bitten...and Snyder got bit for 33 million. Lessons learned.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #42
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Chico you are dead on. Snyder had already been burned numerous times before he got in the AH business. He took the bait and got burned.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #43
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
That doesn't absolve any blame from the perpetrator at all though. Perhaps in creates additional blame of a different sort associated with the victim but the crime was still perpetrated by someone who did the wrong thing. Circumstances don't change that.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #44
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Wait ... so stealing from stupid people is okay? The justification "Everybody else is profiting by deceit/fraud/bad faith, it would be stupid for me not do it as well" is a morally valid argument to you??

I dunno Chico, you seem like a nice guy, but it is clear you and I have a very different concept of right and wrong.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #45
FRPLG
MVP

I don't seem to remember too may people decrying the move when we made it. I sorta remember everyone being pretty stoked. AH was known for being an asshat on the field. Not necessarily for being the "awful person" in general that CC describes.