About that BOOOING at FED Ex Field

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-21-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

About that BOOOING at FED Ex Field

About that BOOOING at FED Ex Field - DC Pro Sports Report

Quote:
Those are the kind of characterizations that get thrown around regarding the fans booing at FED EX Field yesterday. In fact, the Redskins players did not enjoy it either. Shout out to Dan Steinberg for getting the pulse of the players on the booing from the Stands.

In fact, a rookie draft pick, LB Robert Henson, went off on the fans, you know, the ones that pay God-awful prices to watch God-awful football, game in and game out.

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2009, 11:20 AM   #2
FRPLG
MVP

Re: About that BOOOING at FED Ex Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSkinsFan View Post
Truth.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:39 AM   #3
firstdown
Living Legend

Boo all you want I'm enjoying the win.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:41 AM   #4
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Good artical. I liked the point about Danny not being a new owner anymore. Ill admit i think of him as new still, and atributing his poor management to “growing pains”, is definitely not true. It has not been true for years now. In his tenure he rightfully deserves the criticism.

Quote:
One thing ALL fans need to realize is Dan Snyder is NOT a NEW owner. You should not continue to make excuses and say, well, you know, 'he is learning'. NO. Dan Snyder is not learning anymore he has owned this team for a decade now. He has delivered nothing. He has turned a franchise to nothing more than average to mediocre. That is what we have Redskins fans.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:46 AM   #5
MTK
\m/

Not sure I see how ticket prices tie into booing a bad performance. Besides, if you don't like the prices don't go, simple as that.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:49 AM   #6
Hogroll
Special Teams

I was at the game, I am a fan since '72. I have the same feelings as articulated in this blog... but no, I didn't boo; as with the author, that is just not my style.

That was the most dissapointing win that I have ever experienced. My buddy and I drove home to Cecil County feeling like we lost the game... one should feel like that after a win.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:52 AM   #7
hail_2_da_skins
Impact Rookie

I wasn't at the game, but I was BOOING in my living room. I thought I was watching a high school game. Pathetic. How can a team move the ball so well in the middle of the field and can't cross the endzone?
Old 09-21-2009, 12:40 PM   #8
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

I am probably one of the more optimistic skins fans out there, and a huge supporter of Zorn and Campbell. I hate negativity, but at the game I found myself booing. Why?

Well for multiple reasons. It was pathetic, and I was embarrassed to support the skins after what I saw. Even though we moved the ball it got very predictable. We bailed out on some 3 and longs/mediums by Campbell's mobility and Cooley's ability to adapt to coverage. It was sad that I, with very little experience as a playcaller(I play madden somtimes lol) could predict almost every call. All in all, terrible stuff by Zorn.

Also I think the first two boos were less on play calling but more so directed towards Thomas and Sellers for terrible drops. IMO the first half ending boo was completely justified. If players cant deal with it and doesn't understand why we are frustrated then they need to go back to grade school. They should be able to perform under pressure, and the whole "when you boo we play worst" is such a pussy cop-out.

The other boos during the FGs were definitely directed towards Zorn, and most fans around me were complaining about the calling NOT JC. I didnt boo at the end of the game as I left the game after our D's game winning stop. I was too depressed and sad as I walked to our car to even think about the booing. I have never felt this bad after a win. Ever.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:45 PM   #9
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I am probably one of the more optimistic skins fans out there, and a huge supporter of Zorn and Campbell. I hate negativity, but at the game I found myself booing. Why?

Well for multiple reasons. It was pathetic, and I was embarrassed to support the skins after what I saw. Even though we moved the ball it got very predictable. We bailed out on some 3 and longs/mediums by Campbell's mobility and Cooley's ability to adapt to coverage. It was sad that I, with very little experience as a playcaller(I play madden somtimes lol) could predict almost every call. All in all, terrible stuff by Zorn.

Also I think the first two boos were less on play calling but more so directed towards Thomas and Sellers for terrible drops. IMO the first half ending boo was completely justified. If players cant deal with it and doesn't understand why we are frustrated then they need to go back to grade school. They should be able to perform under pressure, and the whole "when you boo we play worst" is such a pussy cop-out.

The other boos during the FGs were definitely directed towards Zorn, and most fans around me were complaining about the calling NOT JC. I didnt boo at the end of the game as I left the game after our D's game winning stop. I was too depressed and sad as I walked to our car to even think about the booing. I have never felt this bad after a win. Ever.
All fair points hooskins. However, do you think the players know who is being booed, or do you think the fans are just booing the team in general? I personally don't think it's fair to boo an entire team, which consists of dozens of players, coaches, trainers, etc., simply because a few guys made mistakes.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:46 PM   #10
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
All fair points hooskins. However, do you think the players know who is being booed, or do you think the fans are just booing the team in general? I personally don't think it's fair to boo an entire team, which consists of dozens of players, coaches, trainers, etc., simply because a few guys made mistakes.
I think many of the booooos were likely aimed at Jim Zorn and the offensive unit. That's at last what I was booooing in my mind.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:47 PM   #11
hooskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Not sure I see how ticket prices tie into booing a bad performance. Besides, if you don't like the prices don't go, simple as that.
I dont think it is as simple as that. When you pay a price, you are not paying to see a terrible display. Especially with expectations. The expectation is what drives us fans to consume the product.

As a consumer we all have the right to be disappointed with the outcome of the product. This is why Jax doesnt sellout; because their product is not worth the price. The Skins tix prices do not match the product at this point. I am sure many of the fans that booed will think twice before dishing 200 bucks for a game.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:52 PM   #12
hooskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
I think it may have been a combo of both but towards the end it was most definitely Zorn directed. Although I am sure some fans were so drunk and pissed they just booed to boo.

But dude I have no problem with booing. Like I said, freaking grow up. The players sound like kids complaining about the other kids at the playground being mean to them. Was it wrong to boo at the end of a game? Maybe, but still like I said to Matty fans were not impressed with the product. They have a right to say whatever they want.

If the players are getting their panties in a bunch, they need to live a day in the life of Eagles or Raiders player. Geez, little drama queens we have on this team. Fans are fanatics. This is what they do; we love the team when they win and hate em when they lose. This is the nature of sports.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #13
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
I dont think it is as simple as that. When you pay a price, you are not paying to see a terrible display. Especially with expectations. The expectation is what drives us fans to consume the product.

As a consumer we all have the right to be disappointed with the outcome of the product. This is why Jax doesnt sellout; because their product is not worth the price. The Skins tix prices do not match the product at this point. I am sure many of the fans that booed will think twice before dishing 200 bucks for a game.
I agree with you. I've got my Cowgirls tickets for Fedex and if they blow that . . . .
Old 09-21-2009, 12:59 PM   #14
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogroll View Post
I was at the game, I am a fan since '72. I have the same feelings as articulated in this blog... but no, I didn't boo; as with the author, that is just not my style.

That was the most dissapointing win that I have ever experienced. My buddy and I drove home to Cecil County feeling like we lost the game... one should feel like that after a win.

Wow if I drove from Cecil county to that game, I think I would have booed. God bless you! I could hardly watch it on TV.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:04 PM   #15
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:

In addition to those of us that absolutely love the Redskins and football. And have for over 20 years. So making me pay the prices that are outrageous to see a true passion of mien for the last 20 to 25 years, and then putting that crap on the field, yeah, I think there is a money argument too. Again, you can take back a product you are satisfied with, but you cant take back a ticket. Season ticket holders in long term deals get even screwed more because they have to pay despite the front office incompetence. You get what you pay for, but not in DC. FANS are PAYING to keep the franchise in DC and competitive, paying premium prices over many,. many other markets, shoudln't we expcect wise investments?