Redskins Training Camp Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-26-2019, 12:51 PM   #241
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Just read this great article about Kerrigan and how committed he is to maintaining his body for football.. Perhaps there is not much else Redskins can do to prevent injuries, only players themselves need to put in the work and commit to body maintenance on their own? Kerrigan gave a great example - "If you are out here working your ass off in training camp and going back to the hotel and ordering burgers and fries for dinner, you are going to struggle the next few days."

https://www.espn.com/blog/washington...ubs-float-pods
I could be wrong, but it sounded like Kerrigan was calling out some people in this interview...at least people that are no longer with the team.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-26-2019, 12:55 PM   #242
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I could be wrong, but it sounded like Kerrigan was calling out some people in this interview...at least people that are no longer with the team.
That's what I thought too, sure seems like it. I hope there's at least one or two players that his words rub off on, we need all the help we can get at preventing injuries.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 01:24 PM   #243
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I wouldn't be surprised but, in view of the first five games on their schedule, it might be grossly unfair to fire him mid-season.

Game 1 - at Philly
Game 2 - Dallas
Game 3 - Chicago
Game 4 - at NYG
Game 5 - New England
Why is everyone worried about the schedule so much? Do the Eagles have the 85 Bear defense? They can be had. Is Tribisky Pat Mahomes or something? I see possibly 2-3 wins in there. Or 1-4 / 0-5. That's why you play the games. No one knows who's going to turn the ball over or when the Pats may fall off a cliff.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 01:26 PM   #244
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Why is everyone worried about the schedule so much? Do the Eagles have the 85 Bear defense? They can be had. Is Tribisky Pat Mahomes or something? I see possibly 2-3 wins in there. Or 1-4 / 0-5. That's why you play the games. No one knows who's going to turn the ball over or when the Pats may fall off a cliff.
I'll take a gander, the Pats will fall off a cliff when Brady and Belichick retire. They laid the foundation for their entire culture. Until then they could start 0-5 and I'd still think they could be in the playoffs.
Old 08-26-2019, 02:00 PM   #245
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'll take a gander, the Pats will fall off a cliff when Brady and Belichick retire. They laid the foundation for their entire culture. Until then they could start 0-5 and I'd still think they could be in the playoffs.
If my memory serves me right Belichick has always treated the first 4 regular season games like preseason. They have been 2-2 in September quite a few times, then finish with 12 or more wins.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 04:06 PM   #246
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
If my memory serves me right Belichick has always treated the first 4 regular season games like preseason. They have been 2-2 in September quite a few times, then finish with 12 or more wins.
Pats have been starting slow the last few years...they lost to the Lions last year...are we better than the Lions? Of course, under Jay...Skins have started slow as well.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 04:10 PM   #247
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Redskins coach Jay Gruden said he expects tight end Jordan Reed to be available for the season opener at Philadelphia. Reed entered the concussion protocol after a hit in Thursday's preseason win at Atlanta. "We're quite confident that Jordan will be fine," Gruden said. That's good news for a team whose passing game revolves largely around Reed.

John Keim, ESPN Staff Writer
49m ago
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 04:24 PM   #248
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
Redskins coach Jay Gruden said he expects tight end Jordan Reed to be available for the season opener at Philadelphia. Reed entered the concussion protocol after a hit in Thursday's preseason win at Atlanta. "We're quite confident that Jordan will be fine," Gruden said. That's good news for a team whose passing game revolves largely around Reed.

49m ago
Awesome

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 04:25 PM   #249
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
4 of 5 playoff teams ain’t no joke.

He Gets Us
Old 08-26-2019, 05:56 PM   #250
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post

49m ago
And when isn't Gruden overly optimistic about players coming back from injury? Also concussions usually have a cumulative effect. The more you get the easier you get them and the longer the effects last.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:02 PM   #251
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
And when isn't Gruden overly optimistic about players coming back from injury? Also concussions usually have a cumulative effect. The more you get the easier you get them and the longer the effects last.
That was my thought exactly. Game day if Reed isn't ready, Gruden will simply say Well ahhh you know concussions are a tricky thing, and we don't want him rushing onto the field.

Later when it's found out they tried to rush him on the field, it will be, Well ahh Jordan is a gamer, and wanted to get in for the team, but the docs had to do what they had to do.

In the class action lawsuit, Gruden will be like, Well ahh Bruce Allen and DS ahh were my bosses, and I ahh went with their instructions and ahh we just wanted to win those games for the fans.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:51 PM   #252
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
That was my thought exactly. Game day if Reed isn't ready, Gruden will simply say Well ahhh you know concussions are a tricky thing, and we don't want him rushing onto the field.

Later when it's found out they tried to rush him on the field, it will be, Well ahh Jordan is a gamer, and wanted to get in for the team, but the docs had to do what they had to do.

In the class action lawsuit, Gruden will be like, Well ahh Bruce Allen and DS ahh were my bosses, and I ahh went with their instructions and ahh we just wanted to win those games for the fans.
Ha! That is hilarious and true.
Someone should start a thread on predictions on how many games Reed plays this season. Then Gruden will say, nobody could have seen that coming.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:05 PM   #253
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Some bulletin board fodder if fans want it.

Guess how many players we have in the ESPN top 100?
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...players-season

If you guessed 0, that's correct.

Also SI's actual NFL prediction mag (not online) predicted us to go 3-13. TL;DR: QB is a shitshow, because Keenum is not that good and Haskins is too green. No talent at WR, J.Reed isn't a 16 game player, and a terrible offensive line (legit point there, does anybody feel good with Penn/Christian/Flowers on the left side?) combined with only a good defensive line on the flip side = 3-13. No respect whatsoever, although they did say Sweat might be good and Kerrigan is perpetually underrated.

Also if anybody wants a good read, I recommend this quality article about the coaching tree that sprouted out of M. Shanny's staff here. The low point is implying our FO was too stupid to realize what they had on their hands here (I think you gotta put some blame on M. Shanny for going 3-13 his final year).

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/08/23/wa...e-shanahan-rg3
Old 08-26-2019, 08:03 PM   #254
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Fuck’m all. Defense gonna turn heads, just need the offense to hold up their end.

He Gets Us
Old 08-26-2019, 08:16 PM   #255
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Fuck’m all. Defense gonna turn heads, just need the offense to hold up their end.
They will, the running game is going to open the offense, this ain’t you granma’s team. Barring injuries, I see playoffs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote