F 4 2.61%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2010, 08:22 PM   #121
Defensewins
Playmaker

Re: Analyzing Mike Shanahan at the Midway Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
AH is so done here, in case there was any doubt.
This should solve all of our problems. Clearly AH is the reason why offensive line sucks, our defense can not stop the run and why we are playing like a terrible team. Proof is in today's game where AH did not play.
Thanks Shanahan...you win.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-05-2010, 08:22 PM   #122
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD1980 View Post
Man i wish Bill Cowher would have come here, we need a coach that can put fire under the players a$$es, not just look confused on the sidelines as shanahan does over and over.
You know........the dude has been here for 10 games trying to combat 10 years of poor management and equally poor player aquisition. He has two rings and a strongly positive reputation in the league as a Head Coach and a winner that is well deserved.
He deserves better than that..........
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #123
Michaelt31
Camp Scrub

Smile Re: Analyzing Mike Shanahan at the Midway Point

I think he is doing a pretty good job. You got to think about the players, alot of these wouldn't be in the league next year. You got to give him 2 to 3 years. A few free agents(25 years and under) at bargain price and a strong draft and every thing will be better next year. Yeah the O-line isn't great, but you need weapons that threaten the defense to have a explosive offense. A he gave these over the hil guys a chance, time to clear house.
Michaelt31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #124
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinMike View Post
That trade was a snatch and grab , but don't forget shanny was the one who drafted hillis.
How good was that Arkansas backfield? Darren McFadden, Felix Jones, Peyton Hillis? I mean jeez.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:16 PM   #125
JLee9718
Impact Rookie

One thing this year will prove is that it's easy to look like Jim Zorn coaching even if your name is Mike Shanahan. Plus he's saddled with his inept son, Kyle, who doesn't have the knack for calling plays unless his QB is Matt Schaub, and even Schaub is losing now in Houston. Also, who shoulders the blame for turning in a top 10 defensive unit into one that's worst in the league? I've been blaming Jim Haslett, but ultimately the HC has to be responsible. Maybe next year will be better (It couldn't be worse), but we don't have too many draft choices, which means we'll be a patchwork team again.
JLee9718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:26 PM   #126
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
This should solve all of our problems. Clearly AH is the reason why offensive line sucks, our defense can not stop the run and why we are playing like a terrible team. Proof is in today's game where AH did not play.
Thanks Shanahan...you win.
I know Shanahan is supposedly trying to change the "culture" of the team in disciplining guys like Haynesworth. Yet I wish he would focus more on changing things such as trying to fit schemes into players and not the other way around; or playing worthless players (Rabach, Heyer...and before he was cut, Galloway).
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:38 PM   #127
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee9718 View Post
One thing this year will prove is that it's easy to look like Jim Zorn coaching even if your name is Mike Shanahan. Plus he's saddled with his inept son, Kyle, who doesn't have the knack for calling plays unless his QB is Matt Schaub, and even Schaub is losing now in Houston. Also, who shoulders the blame for turning in a top 10 defensive unit into one that's worst in the league? I've been blaming Jim Haslett, but ultimately the HC has to be responsible. Maybe next year will be better (It couldn't be worse), but we don't have too many draft choices, which means we'll be a patchwork team again.
Players make plays, play calls don't make plays. Kyle didn't turn into a bum over night, we just don't have the talent that he had in Houston.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:08 PM   #128
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Remember it could be worse

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:10 PM   #129
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I know Shanahan is supposedly trying to change the "culture" of the team in disciplining guys like Haynesworth. Yet I wish he would focus more on changing things such as trying to fit schemes into players and not the other way around; or playing worthless players (Rabach, Heyer...and before he was cut, Galloway).
Amen.
Hey, we can look forward to having the best behaved team in the NFL. At least we got that going for us. :cheeky-sm

Seriously though, the choice of players and where they are playing is still very frustrating.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:31 PM   #130
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Mike Shanahan has shown that he has not missed a beat since Denver 2008. That means good and bad things. The offense, despite being horrible, showed at least some signs of life against the Giants, which is better than what Zorn's O display against them. He also has a knack for finding offensive gems from the APPARENT scrapheap.
However, old dogs can't learn new tricks, and fielding a defense that isn't Swiss cheese is a new trick he can't learn. The philosophy shift was necessary, the switch to the 3-4 was unnecessary. He also makes questionable veteran signings like Ron Dayne, Galloway, etc.

Also, be afraid if Rogers doesn't come back here. He drafted for "need" at CB in Denver, and those corners did not pan out at all. He had to trade away Tatum and Bell and George Foster(he did get rid of two busts) to get Dre Bly.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:58 AM   #131
DM72
Special Teams

He deserves no more than a D at this point. Right now, I give him an F.
DM72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:08 AM   #132
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Mike Shanahan has shown that he has not missed a beat since Denver 2008. That means good and bad things. The offense, despite being horrible, showed at least some signs of life against the Giants, which is better than what Zorn's O display against them. He also has a knack for finding offensive gems from the APPARENT scrapheap.
However, old dogs can't learn new tricks, and fielding a defense that isn't Swiss cheese is a new trick he can't learn. The philosophy shift was necessary, the switch to the 3-4 was unnecessary. He also makes questionable veteran signings like Ron Dayne, Galloway, etc.

Also, be afraid if Rogers doesn't come back here. He drafted for "need" at CB in Denver, and those corners did not pan out at all. He had to trade away Tatum and Bell and George Foster(he did get rid of two busts) to get Dre Bly.
I'd be very surprised if Rogers doesn't return