Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins sign Macho Harris

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-23-2010, 07:15 PM   #16
freddyg12
Playmaker

Re: Redskins sign Macho Harris

Macho! Love it when my Hokies are signed by the Skins, we've got 3 now & all of them could be starting. This week he'll see some time on spec. teams. if nothing else.

I know macho is a little slow, but he's a better tackler than all our secondary w/the exception of Doughty. He'll at least bring some toughness & maybe push some of the other guys. The secondary tackling has been really poor this year, one more thing I miss about GW's teams.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-23-2010, 08:16 PM   #17
Big C
Mr. Brightside

love macho harris from my days at tech. glad to see him get another chance.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:06 PM   #18
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I loved watching him play at VT, I really thought if he was in the right system in the NFL he could turn to be a decent pro. Hopefully he gets that shot with us, although I'm not too optimistic if the Eagles cut him.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:33 PM   #19
InsaneBoost
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdSKINS1 View Post
How can you say another Bum? Looks like that "VT bum" Mike Vick really looked shitty against us.
I said on the TEAM, as in the Redskins, I didn't say in the NFL. Look at your avatar, that's the other bum I'm referring to.

InsaneBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:40 PM   #20
Pocket$ $traight

Has anyone actually paid attention to our safety play? Besides Landry, none of them are worth a damn.

I don't know why people are hating on Macho. He hasn't proven that he cannot be a viable starter here like Horton, Moore and Doughty have.

I would bet almost any amount of money that he has better coverage skills right now then Doughty or Horton ever have.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:50 PM   #21
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
Has anyone actually paid attention to our safety play? Besides Landry, none of them are worth a damn.

I don't know why people are hating on Macho. He hasn't proven that he cannot be a viable starter here like Horton, Moore and Doughty have.

I would bet almost any amount of money that he has better coverage skills right now then Doughty or Horton ever have.
I agree, why not give him a chance? He's young and has been a starter before. Moore has showed inconsistency all season. One game he looks good and the next he sucks. Landry is a Pro Bowler this season for sure but I'll be honest the guy really cant cover anyone. Tremendous at Run stop and getting to the line of scrimmage. He's playing like the best S in the NFC so far, I just hope he can play Sunday.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:32 AM   #22
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

VT players are bums.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:34 AM   #23
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I agree, why not give him a chance? He's young and has been a starter before. Moore has showed inconsistency all season. One game he looks good and the next he sucks. Landry is a Pro Bowler this season for sure but I'll be honest the guy really cant cover anyone. Tremendous at Run stop and getting to the line of scrimmage. He's playing like the best S in the NFC so far, I just hope he can play Sunday.
Moore can't run support and Landry can't cover. When both are healthy and schemed right, they make a good duo.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:13 AM   #24
backrow
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneBoost View Post
I said on the TEAM, as in the Redskins, I didn't say in the NFL. Look at your avatar, that's the other bum I'm referring to.
Did I miss something? Hall? A bum? :confused-
Old 11-24-2010, 08:42 AM   #25
Dogtag
Special Teams

Harris has skills, a lot of heart and passion for the game. I look forward to him playing for us.
Dogtag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:45 AM   #26
MTK
\m/

I think Harris would fall under the category of "cheap and available". Given our injuries we're really not in a position to be too picky.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:50 AM   #27
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
VT players are bums.

And those VT players will be beating the pants off of UVA this weekend as they go UNDEFEATED in the ACC. Yeah, their bums alright.

There's no reason to be hatin' on the guy. Give him a chance.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:55 AM   #28
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Moore's tackling has been so bad that it often negates his coverage. He hasn't looked that good at making plays on the ball either. I thought he showed a lot of promise in limited action last year, have been disappointed w/him this year. I only wonder how he would play if GW were the coach, he insisted his db's tackle well.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:02 AM   #29
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I think Harris would fall under the category of "cheap and available". Given our injuries we're really not in a position to be too picky.
True, but it's great to find a guy that young who was a starter last year. The fact that he was still out there this late in the year may be a red flag that we're willing to ignore, but I'm excited as some others are cause we saw him make a lot of plays in college & know that he brings some toughness.

Heard him on comcast last night, he's excited to be picked up by his hometown team so he'll be very motivated.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:04 AM   #30
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post

And those VT players will be beating the pants off of UVA this weekend as they go UNDEFEATED in the ACC. Yeah, their bums alright.

There's no reason to be hatin' on the guy. Give him a chance.
I'll second that. They've already got the ACC Atlantic locked up, and I'll bet they'll be repping the ACC in the BCS. This after an 0-2 start no less. And seriously who rips on VT players? They've made great pro's over the years. Now granted they don't have as many higher profile players like USC/Ohio State/etc. but off the top of my head i can think of plenty of NFL players who have succeeded who came from Tech.