Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Where was Keiland Williams???

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-28-2010, 03:56 PM   #1
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Where was Keiland Williams???

Far be it from me to start a frustration thread, but he has been a bright spot on offense. So why wasn't he used more today? James Davis? Really??

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-28-2010, 03:59 PM   #2
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Re: Where was Keiland Williams???

To be fair i think we only ran the ball a combined 15 times.

With the multiple dropped passes and penalties it was hard to establish the run. Plus our run defense is horrible, so they could never get the vikings off the field.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:01 PM   #3
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post

With the multiple dropped passes and penalties it was hard to establish the run. Plus our run defense is horrible, so they could never get the vikings off the field.
True but he has been a pretty decent recevier outta the backfield also. But James Davis?? Come on.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post

13 times actually.

Unless you're the Patriots... I don't know how you expect to win games (especially when you have a makeshift WR squad) running only 13 times. Sigh.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:11 PM   #5
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

When you're gaining an average of about 1 yard per carry, why would you stick with the running game?
Old 11-28-2010, 04:13 PM   #6
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
When you're gaining an average of about 1 yard per carry, why would you stick with the running game?
Run game opens up the pass. Open up the pass, you can go back to the run. Obviously running it 2 downs and then throwing it is kind of predictable. But that's what we do.

Plus having practice squad fodder as your premiere back for the game seemed kinda ridiculous.

Old 11-28-2010, 04:14 PM   #7
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
13 times actually.

Unless you're the Patriots... I don't know how you expect to win games (especially when you have a makeshift WR squad) running only 13 times. Sigh.
And even the Pats are flexible enough in which they can pound you down with Green-Ellis if they want to. We have to pass because we have no other choice when facing strong front 4s.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:21 PM   #8
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Run game opens up the pass. Open up the pass, you can go back to the run. Obviously running it 2 downs and then throwing it is kind of predictable. But that's what we do.

Plus having practice squad fodder as your premiere back for the game seemed kinda ridiculous.

LOL! You can't open up the passing game when you're averaging 1 yard per carry! And why complain about not running the ball, but then complain about running the ball on two downs and then passing it? Isn't that what you're saying they should have been doing? And the "practice squad fodder"...well... who is on the team to run the ball? We cut Larry Johnson, we cut Willie Parker, Torrain is hurt, and Clinton Portis is out for the rest of the season. There's nobody else to hand the ball off. It all starts in the trenches, that's where your running game is going.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:28 PM   #9
Coff
Impact Rookie

Quote:
There was an interview with Shanny this offseason in which he discussed his running game, particularly that he sticks with it even when it isn't working, because the stretch plays wear out the defense. Regardless, it's hard to say the running play isn't working when you only run it 13 times.
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:28 PM   #10
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
LOL! You can't open up the passing game when you're averaging 1 yard per carry! And why complain about not running the ball, but then complain about running the ball on two downs and then passing it? Isn't that what you're saying they should have been doing? And the "practice squad fodder"...well... who is on the team to run the ball? We cut Larry Johnson, we cut Willie Parker, Torrain is hurt, and Clinton Portis is out for the rest of the season. There's nobody else to hand the ball off. It all starts in the trenches, that's where your running game is going.
Well if you're passing 3 downs, I'm pretty sure that the other team is going to play the pass and NOT the run. Vikes were blowing up McNabb all game. Did we even do 1 draw play all game? That's the whole point. It's the Gibbs philosophy. I'm saying they need to mix it up. Gibbs never completely abandoned the run, even in tough games. The first drive of the game, Skins mixed it up. Did some dual TE forms, wildcat, they had a pretty mixed bag. Then after that they went conservative. Dink and dunk passes and it wasn't until we switched into desperation mode after the half we started throwing downfield. And if we're gonna throw, why are you gonna complete phase out Cooley after he produced so well in the first drive? I get that he was probably covered but damn, 3 whole quarters he wasn't even a target afterwards?

Keiland Williams had done decent in previous games. He's no Portis or Torrain but when you're taking a practice squad dude over someone who has at least proven that they can play a backup role... Well....

Old 11-28-2010, 04:30 PM   #11
saden1
MVP

This is what happens when you get out coached. Shanahans = absolute morons!

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:34 PM   #12
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Yet another shitty offensive gameplan by Boy Wonder. Daddy probably scripted the plays on the first drive that worked so well. It never occurred to Junior that perhaps our O-line needed extra TE help on the edge when McNabb was getting swarmed in the 2nd half.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:47 PM   #13
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I agree Quake...but honestly he is at best a 3rd string back. But still better than Davis.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:50 PM   #14
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

This thread should be, where the hell was our running game. 13 attempts just doesn't cut it, I don't care what type of DL the Vikings have, at least attempt some runs specially when you are being rushed and hardly have any time to pass the ball. Shitty game plan.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:50 PM   #15
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I agree Quake...but honestly he is at best a 3rd string back. But still better than Davis.
Davis has no legs and no vision...I don't know why he's on the f'ing team...he shouldn't be playing in the NFL!

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote