Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Giants Post Game Reactions

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-25-2015, 08:26 AM   #16
rocnrik
Playmaker

Re: Giants Post Game Reactions

the game went like i thought it might..the stuff that bothered me was the blocked punt..that was pathetic blocking! you can say what you want But every bounce went the giants way..breeland was in good position on several of those td catches it was almost like nothing was gonna go the skins way..how about the onside kicks..they misplayed both and still we could not get a break..Jones fumbles crossing the goal ..it was hard to watch! The Skins fought ..bottom line is simple,We are not good enough to give away anything and we need to take advantage of every blunder the other team makes. last night the opposite happened.
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-25-2015, 08:28 AM   #17
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
We lack quality depth across all units except the DLine and we don't have a true speed rusher there.

When Lavau went out McRib played a hot minute and then Compton came in. When you aren't even sure who your back up is . . .

Hall has been slow coming back to the ball in every game but has made some wiley veteran moves to compensate. I really expected Breeland to play better.

New guy gives up punt block on special teams.

Understand now why Carrier wasn't on a team when we signed him.

Depth, depth, depth, depth.

Kirk has something in his head that just won't let him throw the ball out of bounds on a scramble. He did it a couple of times but it seemed like it was sooooo hard for him.

Trent Williams looked dominate again. He just makes it look so freakin easy.

Correct but we have more depth than we did last year believe it or not. We are headed in the rite direction. Even bad losses feel different. There was no quit last night. Heading into week five we will be tied for first place and everything will be glorious in the world like it was this past week. Amazing how all the good feeling about what SM has done in one offseason becomes so meaningless so fast. We caught a ton of bad breaks last night and Cousins had a bad night. We needed every break to go our way with him playing like that and they all went the Gints way. A few bad calls, an onsides kick that we didn't capitalize on. A couple fumbles that bounced their way. Game of inches people. This was not a quit.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:29 AM   #18
Skinzman
The Starter

Last night I was a bit upset about how they played. Didnt look prepared. Had everything go against them. Kirk was way off. But I have to admit, we have seen that from this team in the past, and they rolled over and quit. Even on a night where nothing went right, they played hard. Kept getting up and going back at it. Had you told me that we would have a blocked punt for a safety, Kirk throws several ints, Eli throws for 2 TDs and no ints, plus some of the other stuff that happened, I would have assumed a 30+ point loss.

I went into this season expecting 6 wins. I still think thats about what we will get, but I wanted to see improvement. I wanted to see a team that had some pride. After sleeping on it, I saw what I have been wanting to see. Improvement and never quitting.

It starts somewhere, and for the first time in a while, Im seeing a team that is making improvement. I am one that jumped the gun after the rams game. But its getting better, and I can honestly say that I have faith that McC can continue to get the talent needed. This is the first time I have had a lot of faith in the GM to do the right thing. We are no longer being treated as a fantasy football team. Its not happening overnight, but it was never going to. I dont want a flash in the pan, I want a consistent team that cares. I think we are on the right path for the first time in decades.

We are just at the beginning of that path, and it sucks. But as the old saying goes... "A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step".
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:30 AM   #19
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Fuckin clown show

First, how many pick plays with Reed have penalties have we run? Y does gruden continue to run them if it will back us up?

Why did we pass 4 out of the 5 first play? One we for a penalty and the other was for a terrible cousins throw.

The blocked punt was a joke. The fact the special teams coach puts him there to get beat twice is a fire able offense.

Gruden/cousins can go. He is a weak coach. Cousins missed easy throws and threw 2 horrific TERRIBLE Ints. Aside from the kickoff and a garbage time td.

If Gruden had a qb last night he would be a genius. He just needs the pieces and SM will get them there. Patience.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:33 AM   #20
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Good:
  • Ross with the return TD

Bad:
  • Kirk Cousins sucked balls
  • Dropped passes and fumbles sucked balls
  • Play calling and coaching staff sucked balls
  • Defense pass rush was non existent and sucked balls
  • Defensive secondary sucked balls
  • Defensive take-a-ways sucked balls
  • Special teams overall sucks balls
  • Leribust sucked balls
  • Matt Jones with 2 fumbles in 2 games. Sucked balls

Jay didn't have these guys ready and his game plan was absolutely atrocious. Fuck everything about this game.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 09-25-2015 at 08:49 AM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:37 AM   #21
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
If Gruden had a qb last night he would be a genius. He just needs the pieces and SM will get them there. Patience.
The team was not ready to play and gruden offense game plan was terrible. He couldn't lead a lead team that had growing momentum the first 2 game...as a coach that's part of he job.

The team from the first 2 games were similar, had the same qualities and traits. Lots of positives and how we want the our team to play. Last night, that wasn't that team. Unprepared and weren't put in positions to win with a Giants team we are very familiar with.

I think this matters a lot. The blocked punt and Plummer being allowed twice to get beat was unacceptable, that play threw everything off. We never recovered.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:44 AM   #22
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Good:

• Ross with the return TD

Bad:

• Kirk Cousins sucked balls
  • Play calling and coaching staff sucked balls
  • Defense pass rush was non existent and sucked balls
  • Defensive secondary sucked balls
  • Special teams overall sucks balls

Jay didn't have these guys ready and his game plan was absolutely atrocious. Fuck everything about this game.

Man I dont get it? The gameplan was to throw on the leagues worst pass defense. The pass pro last night and time KC had was better than anything ive seen for years? Its not Grudens fault that Cousins missed all night? Its not Grudens fault that every break went the gints way? Last night Cousins did not execute. It is that simple.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:47 AM   #23
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Man I dont get it? The gameplan was to throw on the leagues worst pass defense. The pass pro last night and time KC had was better than anything ive seen for years? Its not Grudens fault that Cousins missed all night? Its not Grudens fault that every break went the gints way? Last night Cousins did not execute. It is that simple.
Eight in the box with a 3 WR set says the Giants didn't respect Kirk's game one bit, which is why there needed to be a better game plan than him throwing the fucking ball 50 times.

"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 09-25-2015, 08:49 AM   #24
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
I am not panicking. I am also not going to let a 4th year QB who made bad decisions and was off all night on many throws off the hook. I didn't expect to win that game. I didn't have any problem with the play calling. As someone else said, the Giants stacked the box forcing Cousins to beat them, he could not.

Losing Hall was big too, as Breeland was exposed again by Beckham and the other receivers.
Exactly. Kirk is what he is, if he has a run game like the rams game he's good if he's got to pass to win games he can't it's been proven now. I get he's only started so many games but look at his numbers he's a turnover machine, he had 2 other passes last night that should have been picked off. . As I said before if we win 7 games that's a good season.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:54 AM   #25
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Eight in the box with a 3 WR set says the Giants didn't respect Kirk's game one bit, which is why there needed to be a better game plan than him throwing the fucking ball 50 times.

That was with 9 minutes left down 25-6. At that point of course they did not respect him. What happened on that play ? I forget?
Also how many of those throws were in garbage time, down by two or three scores? 20? I want sure if the giants had not faced any rb's this year or they did actually have a good run d. They bottled up our mojo pretty good. Early in the game the throws were there NC. Cousins missed? Nothing Gruden can do about that.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:56 AM   #26
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

I fully understand we're not world beaters yet, but getting embarrassed like that is what makes me truly worried that we'll never break this curse or whatever we have going on. I got home late to turn it on and watch Matt Jones fumble out of the FREAKING END ZONE. How often does that happen!?! Argh. On to week four...

Old 09-25-2015, 08:58 AM   #27
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
That was with 9 minutes left down 25-6. At that point of course they did not respect him. What happened on that play ? I forget?
Also how many of those throws were in garbage time, down by two or three scores? 20? I want sure if the giants had not faced any rb's this year or they did actually have a good run d. They bottled up our mojo pretty good. Early in the game the throws were there NC. Cousins missed? Nothing Gruden can do about that.

I assure you, I blame Kirk a lot more than I do the game plan. Even the defensive game plan was bad. Got absolutely no rush on Eli.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:59 AM   #28
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Exactly. Kirk is what he is, if he has a run game like the rams game he's good if he's got to pass to win games he can't it's been proven now. I get he's only started so many games but look at his numbers he's a turnover machine, he had 2 other passes last night that should have been picked off. . As I said before if we win 7 games that's a good season.

Eli was a turnover machine too. He had a great defense and some big time playmakers at wr. And a good oline.
We have a better oline now, we have a better d now. Still not where they need to be to compensate for the int's. We also need djax back desperately. This is basically week three of who we are. Its only going to get better because of SM. Maybe KC will adapt and stick around, or maybe he wont but rest assured he is making us a team.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:59 AM   #29
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Giants Post Game Reactions

Quote:
I assure you, I blame Kirk a lot more than I do the game plan. Even the defensive game plan was bad. Got absolutely no rush on Eli.

Oh we need an edge rusher sooooo bad.
Edit: and scotty will get one.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:00 AM   #30
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
The gameplan with cousins should never and I mean NEVER be come out with a volume throwing pass offense. How come I know this, but Jay doesn't. Folks on the road, we need to do what we do best and let the a shaky passer let th game come to him. U don't try to win the game in the first quarter.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote