Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

By Popular Demand. Should the Skins FIRE Jay Gruden? Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should Jay Gruden be fired?
Yes 22 34.92%
No 41 65.08%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 08:43 AM   #1
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

By Popular Demand. Should the Skins FIRE Jay Gruden? Thread

U ask and U shall receive folks.

Here are some numbers in his 4 years.

26-33-1 Overall record

2-6 Vs Dallas (lost 4 straight)

5-3 vs Philly (lost 2 straight)

3-4 vs NYG (Won last meeting)

10-13 record in the NFCE.

1 Playoff appearance in 4 seasons, (got rolled that game too)

In his 4 years the team has showed improvement , he has had a top 10 offense in 3 straight seasons, BUT has also had a bottom 10 defense in that span.

Red zone efficiency has been laughable for most of his tenure here, the lack of run game has been just as bad.

This yr I have been on his side more than most due to the injuries BUT you cannot excuse the way this team plays in must win games over the years.

He looks clueless out there and his team reflects it on the field.

The lack of talent on the team this yr is very much so showing in recent weeks, How the fuck can you let both of your STUD Wrs leave and not have a plan to replace one of them? Don't give me Pryor either, dude had 1 good yr in his career on a bad Cleveland team that nobody cared about.

I think he's a good O.C don't get me wrong, he has brought a fun pass heavy offense to the Redskins that we have all been desperate of having for years.
It's his game management that kills this team, and he never ever makes adjustments at half time.

The Saints game ended it for me, how can you be up 15 with 4 mins left in a must win game... Then lose!!

He is another Marvin Lewis, nice guy that makes you think you can have a winner until he shoots himself in the foot like he always does.

I don’t say it was flat,” Gruden told reporters regarding the team’s performance during a fairly brief media appearance following the 38-14 loss. “I say we just dropped the ball. We had two fumbles and a dropped pass that resulted in an interception. So I don’t think we came out flat. We just didn’t protect the football. . . . I think the effort’s fine. We just got beat today. . . . Credit them for making the plays. We just didn’t make any.”

“But, overall, I think we haven’t been that handcuffed. We’ve just got to go out and continue to do what we do and go attack.”

“Oh, no, you never accept that,” Gruden said when asked whether he ever thought, “Here we go again,” this season. “You just have to keep pushing forward and try to get the guys ready that are going to play for you. But we expect to win every game that we play. There’s no reason for us to walk into a game or walk into a season and feel like it’s a wasted year. I think we still have a great opportunity now. We have to take advantage of it. It’s not what we expected personnel-wise, some of the injuries, but, you know, that’s pro football. You have to adjust to them, and you have to show your depth. The players that are playing have to play at a higher level to make up for some of the deficiencies we have because of injuries.

Same old BS response after every L we take..

"We just gotta get better"
"We didn't execute"

I'm done folks, 4 YEARS is enough time and if you have a losing record in that span, it's time to let him go.

I don't know who to bring in and I don't care much to look at candidates but something has to change.

I love this team but man it's hard to care yr after yr. HTTR

Advertisements
Old 12-01-2017, 08:54 AM   #2
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Re: By Popular Demand. Should the Skins FIRE Jay Gruden? Thread

Personally, I sometimes think we forget the forest for trees.

We have been brutalized by injuries. Yes, every team has them, but we have straight up been bent over by them.

We're putting in backups for our backups. Jay has had his issues, that's VERY true, but I really don't mind him as a coach. We can do a lot worse. Hell, do you think if we had Belicheck in here right now we'd suddenly be amazing? I don't. Even he couldn't compensate for what we lost.

First few games, our defense was dominant and our passing game was just getting going. I think Pryor being out has been addition by subtraction. We need a vet WR this offseason, even someone for a couple of years.

Lock up Zach Brown, lock up Cousins (if possible) and we'll be sitting pretty for next year provided we don't have this garbage happen all over again.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:54 AM   #3
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

I'd rather have Sean McVay if that says anything. I think Jay is a good coach, just one that doesn't have much discipline. We could do better, but we also could do worse.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 12-01-2017, 09:06 AM   #4
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Personally, I sometimes think we forget the forest for trees.

We have been brutalized by injuries. Yes, every team has them, but we have straight up been bent over by them.

We're putting in backups for our backups. Jay has had his issues, that's VERY true, but I really don't mind him as a coach. We can do a lot worse. Hell, do you think if we had Belicheck in here right now we'd suddenly be amazing? I don't. Even he couldn't compensate for what we lost.

First few games, our defense was dominant and our passing game was just getting going. I think Pryor being out has been addition by subtraction. We need a vet WR this offseason, even someone for a couple of years.

Lock up Zach Brown, lock up Cousins (if possible) and we'll be sitting pretty for next year provided we don't have this garbage happen all over again.
It's always the same stuff with Jay though, team is never prepared to play when the games really matter. Can we beat the bad teams? Of course but when we need the game or if it's a Primetime game, we come out so flat and bad like last night. I agree I like the guy and he has had so many guys hurt but sometimes enough is enough. Last night was embarrassing, it seems like anytime a team needs a spark "step up redskins give it to them" Never fails
Old 12-01-2017, 09:07 AM   #5
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I'd rather have Sean McVay if that says anything. I think Jay is a good coach, just one that doesn't have much discipline. We could do better, but we also could do worse.
Who can we go after though? That's my hard Q to answer
Old 12-01-2017, 09:09 AM   #6
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Kirk Cousins: If you think our problem is a lack of effort you don’t know football – ProFootballTalk
Old 12-01-2017, 09:12 AM   #7
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I checked out on Gruden after the Saints game. I can not forgive that loss. Even last night he should have seen that Ty was struggling and didn't get him any help. You need to keep in extra blockers with the way the line is. It's just little things like that w/ him that annoy me. Above all else protect your QB.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:16 AM   #8
metalskins
The Starter

If you truly want change, then Bruce Allen is the one who needs to be fired. Plain and simple. Fire Bruce Allen, bring back Scot McCloughan, make him an honest to goodness, full fledged GM, with total control over the scouting team, the coaching staff, and the player personnel. Let him decide if he wants to keep Gruden and company, and if not, let him be the guy to find your next head coach and let THAT head coach pick his coaching staff. That is the way it should work.

All this talk about firing Jay Gruden and being silent on Bruce Allen is just ridiculous to me. You're going to get the same exact results with the next staff, and the next, and the next. Dan Snyder has not figured out how to hire the right person to run the team, and when we all felt he finally had, he didn't know how to give that person the power he needed to succeed. It's unrealistic to think Snyder will ever sell the team, so you have to hope that at some point, he gets rid of Bruce Allen.

Honestly, I think Gruden is the best we'll ever get as long as our front office is structured the way it is. Which means we'll be celebrating 8-8 seasons from now on.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:23 AM   #9
MTK
\m/

No, stop.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:24 AM   #10
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
If you truly want change, then Bruce Allen is the one who needs to be fired. Plain and simple. Fire Bruce Allen, bring back Scot McCloughan, make him an honest to goodness, full fledged GM, with total control over the scouting team, the coaching staff, and the player personnel. Let him decide if he wants to keep Gruden and company, and if not, let him be the guy to find your next head coach and let THAT head coach pick his coaching staff. That is the way it should work.

All this talk about firing Jay Gruden and being silent on Bruce Allen is just ridiculous to me. You're going to get the same exact results with the next staff, and the next, and the next. Dan Snyder has not figured out how to hire the right person to run the team, and when we all felt he finally had, he didn't know how to give that person the power he needed to succeed. It's unrealistic to think Snyder will ever sell the team, so you have to hope that at some point, he gets rid of Bruce Allen.

Honestly, I think Gruden is the best we'll ever get as long as our front office is structured the way it is. Which means we'll be celebrating 8-8 seasons from now on.
Dan won't fire Bruce, the Allen name is too prestige in DC. Whatever is happening right now isn't working. Where is the bright spot even at for this team? We look like the Giants, with huge Q?S next yr too.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:24 AM   #11
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I don't think Allen is going anywhere.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:24 AM   #12
over the mountain
Playmaker

No, I would not fire Jay. Him and Cousins passing attack is the only good thing this team does.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:28 AM   #13
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
No, stop.
I'm not sold anymore bro, I was before the saints game
Old 12-01-2017, 09:28 AM   #14
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Fire Allen and Gruden. Allen is franchise poison and Gruden looked literally like a baby who got it’s toys taken from it. Yeah we have injuries but maybe personnel guru Allen should’ve thought of some depth before he let our two best WRs walk. They both can screw off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:32 AM   #15
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

chill out folks. too many injuries and front office mistakes not getting a No 1 Wide Receiver and No 1 RB.

He Gets Us
Closed Thread