Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

By Popular Demand. Should the Skins FIRE Jay Gruden? Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should Jay Gruden be fired?
Yes 22 34.92%
No 41 65.08%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 10:13 AM   #31
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Re: By Popular Demand. Should the Skins FIRE Jay Gruden? Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
If you truly want change, then Bruce Allen is the one who needs to be fired. Plain and simple. Fire Bruce Allen, bring back Scot McCloughan, make him an honest to goodness, full fledged GM, with total control over the scouting team, the coaching staff, and the player personnel. Let him decide if he wants to keep Gruden and company, and if not, let him be the guy to find your next head coach and let THAT head coach pick his coaching staff. That is the way it should work.

All this talk about firing Jay Gruden and being silent on Bruce Allen is just ridiculous to me. You're going to get the same exact results with the next staff, and the next, and the next. Dan Snyder has not figured out how to hire the right person to run the team, and when we all felt he finally had, he didn't know how to give that person the power he needed to succeed. It's unrealistic to think Snyder will ever sell the team, so you have to hope that at some point, he gets rid of Bruce Allen.

Honestly, I think Gruden is the best we'll ever get as long as our front office is structured the way it is. Which means we'll be celebrating 8-8 seasons from now on.
This captures much of how I feel. Bruce Allen has BOTCHED the Cousins situation, ever since Scot wanted to extend Kirk before the 2015 season! Then Bruce doubles down TWICE on a bad decision by not giving a true market offer after the next TWO offseasons. We are talking the most important position on the team here! Bruce must go, and frankly, his presence in the FO may be an obstacle for Kirk even wanting to negotiate a long-term deal.

Jay is a good offensive mind, but a very average head coach. You can't blame him for the shitstorm of injuries, but here is where Jay fails - ACCOUNTABILITY.

He held Matt Jones accountable for fumbling last year, and benched him. So how are we still putting Crowder back on punts, after 4 fumbles (3 lost)? Don't give me "we have nobody else on the roster to field a punt". Put Ryan Grant back there. Or bring someone off the street. Something. Does Belichick tolerate a punt returner with 4 fumbles in one season? No accountability.

How does the special teams coach still have a job? Both Cowboys games were turned in Dallas's favor by major special teams' gaffes. Other than the successful fake punt against New Orleans, special teams have been a massive fail all year. Again, no accountability.

Advertisements
Old 12-01-2017, 10:21 AM   #32
Giantone
Gamebreaker

I'll take gruden over mcadoo -doo and day of the week.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:22 AM   #33
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

"On Mondays and Thursdays, Gruden’s teams are 2-11, which puts his overall career head coaching record underwater."

3-1 on SNF though.

So in PT overall 5-12 record.

Have lost 6 straight on MNF
Old 12-01-2017, 10:30 AM   #34
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
I'd hire mitchell. Absolutely.
Hah, was going to say the same thing.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:35 AM   #35
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
If you truly want change, then Bruce Allen is the one who needs to be fired. Plain and simple. Fire Bruce Allen, bring back Scot McCloughan, make him an honest to goodness, full fledged GM, with total control over the scouting team, the coaching staff, and the player personnel. Let him decide if he wants to keep Gruden and company, and if not, let him be the guy to find your next head coach and let THAT head coach pick his coaching staff. That is the way it should work.

All this talk about firing Jay Gruden and being silent on Bruce Allen is just ridiculous to me. You're going to get the same exact results with the next staff, and the next, and the next. Dan Snyder has not figured out how to hire the right person to run the team, and when we all felt he finally had, he didn't know how to give that person the power he needed to succeed. It's unrealistic to think Snyder will ever sell the team, so you have to hope that at some point, he gets rid of Bruce Allen.

Honestly, I think Gruden is the best we'll ever get as long as our front office is structured the way it is. Which means we'll be celebrating 8-8 seasons from now on.
I agree. Until changes happen at the top then nothing will change no matter who the HC is. Unfortunately I don't see that happening.

Should they fire JG? No.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:36 AM   #36
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I don't see this team winning another game with how poor we have been lately, even the Giants can beat us at home week 17. At this point I'd be happy with a top 10 pick
Old 12-01-2017, 11:06 AM   #37
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I don't see this team winning another game with how poor we have been lately, even the Giants can beat us at home week 17. At this point I'd be happy with a top 10 pick

I feel fine about tanking the season. Start over with some good draft picks next year. Let McCoy play out the season because Cousins is gonna killed behind this patchwork line and then he definitely won’t come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:09 AM   #38
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I feel fine about tanking the season. Start over with some good draft picks next year. Let McCoy play out the season because Cousins is gonna killed behind this patchwork line and then he definitely won’t come back.

Some of you need to take a deep breath.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:09 AM   #39
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Stop, we just saw how terrible the Giants are and they're only going to get worse now that McAdoof has tossed in the towel. I think we'll go 2-2 the rest of the way.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:12 AM   #40
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Stop, we just saw how terrible the Giants are and they're only going to get worse now that McAdoof has tossed in the towel. I think we'll go 2-2 the rest of the way.
Idk man, we are so hurt and just not very good right now.

Josh is pissed

Josh Norman: Redskins have no answer for Cowboys - NFL.com
Old 12-01-2017, 11:13 AM   #41
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Since when does tanking make a team better? I've never understood why people say this. Getting a better draft pick doesn't make you a better team the following year. When has tanking proven to equal success the following year? It just makes no sense why people think this way.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:16 AM   #42
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Since when does tanking make a team better? I've never understood why people say this. Getting a better draft pick doesn't make you a better team the following year. When has tanking proven to equal success the following year? It just makes no sense why people think this way.
It hasn't helped Cleveland but it does help to have better draft picks.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:19 AM   #43
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post

There's no way these players or coaches who are playing for another contract with the Skins or as an audition for another team will tank. That's career suicide.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:20 AM   #44
MTK
\m/

We've had plenty of years of top 5 and top 10 picks. Hasn't gotten us anywhere.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:26 AM   #45
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Some of you need to take a deep breath.

You won’t be saying that when we lose the next few of these games. Teams wrecked to hell and Cousins is playing like the Lone Ranger cuz he has no help. I’d be surprised if we keep it competitive against the Cards and Chargers. Giants, still beatable.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Closed Thread