Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 11:33 AM   #361
Defensewins
Playmaker

Re: Dwayne Haskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I think the competition between Haskins and Keenum should be really fun to watch. Im hoping Haskins doesn't make it a contest
I agree about it being fun to watch.
I like that we have two qb's that when put in the right situation can produce. Just hoping the line & TE blocking and wr's production finally step up. That has been the issue. If these three areas do not improve we are in for a long season and more injured qb's.

Advertisements
Old 06-20-2019, 02:04 PM   #362
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

"So every day after practice, there was Haskins, an assistant coach and one or a couple of the team’s receivers going over drills. On the final practice, it took Haskins anywhere from 40-50 minutes to come off the field after practice was done. On Tuesday, the team’s final open session before starting training camp July 25, Haskins couldn’t miss. His passes looked crisp. The windows he wasn’t fitting balls into last week, he was delivering with precision. The big arm that seemed to fade with each day of minicamp returned in rare form. Haskins was wheeling and dealing touchdowns like a blackjack dealer distributes cards at their table."

The Athletic DC
Old 06-20-2019, 04:34 PM   #363
GridIron26
Playmaker

Good to know Haskins is putting in extra work, it certainly will help him to develop rapport with receivers faster.
Old 06-20-2019, 04:49 PM   #364
MTK
\m/

Love the reports about Haskins and his work ethic. He gets it. He wants to be great.
Old 06-25-2019, 10:31 PM   #365
httr198020
Special Teams

After thinking about for over the last few weeks. I think we should definitely sit him for year or two. Right now I'm our offense is garbage. The Oline was a strength of ours that might be a weakness if TW don't come back. The wrs on this team is unproven. The only decent wr we had is now gone. Jordan Reed hasn't been the same since that toe injury. Paul Richardson ineffective and injury prone. Josh Doctson is a bust. We don't have enough talent on that side of the ball. The other reason I want him to sit is because I think it would serve him well to really get a chance to master the playbook and get use to the speed of the game. This is a guy with all of the tools. I think more talent and time we be the key to his success in the nfl. I say let Keenum start and let Haskins learn.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:54 AM   #366
MTK
\m/

Sit him until we have a guaranteed winner on our hands. So with this team that basically means he’s benched for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2019, 08:43 AM   #367
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

I'm excited to have Haskins on our team. I think he has a chance to be a very good NFL QB. Nevertheless, I would like for him to sit for the first five games of the season because that part of our schedule is so brutal that he might struggle and lose confidence right off the bat.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:04 AM   #368
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Sit him until we have a guaranteed winner on our hands. So with this team that basically means he’s benched for life.

Sad, but true, until Snyder pulls his head out of his butt and gets rid of Allen and Gruden.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:52 PM   #369
MTK
\m/

If the competition is close start Haskins from day one. Don't bother wasting time on a journeyman like Keenum.
Old 06-26-2019, 05:09 PM   #370
kct1975
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by httr198020 View Post
...The other reason I want him to sit is because I think it would serve him well to really get a chance to master the playbook and get use to the speed of the game. This is a guy with all of the tools. I think more talent and time we be the key to his success in the nfl. I say let Keenum start and let Haskins learn.
THIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
... I would like for him to sit for the first five games of the season because that part of our schedule is so brutal that he might struggle and lose confidence right off the bat.
And THIS!

While I don't think that the 2019 Redskins will be as bad as the Detroit Lions 2008 Detroit Lions or the 2017 Cleveland Browns, I don't see the 2019 Redskins making a Playoff Run.

So I see absolutely no reason to throw Dwayne Haskins into the games for practically no reason.

Case Keenum is a decent quarterback and has been shown to be able to win some games. I agree with HTTR 198020 that sitting Dwayne Haskins will give him a better chance at leaning the playing style of the NFL. I also agree with KI Sinks Fan that I would rather not see Dwayne Haskins physically injured or see his confidence injured.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2019, 08:41 PM   #371
httr198020
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct1975 View Post
THIS!

And THIS!

While I don't think that the 2019 Redskins will be as bad as the Detroit Lions 2008 Detroit Lions or the 2017 Cleveland Browns, I don't see the 2019 Redskins making a Playoff Run.

So I see absolutely no reason to throw Dwayne Haskins into the games for practically no reason.

Case Keenum is a decent quarterback and has been shown to be able to win some games. I agree with HTTR 198020 that sitting Dwayne Haskins will give him a better chance at leaning the playing style of the NFL. I also agree with KI Sinks Fan that I would rather not see Dwayne Haskins physically injured or see his confidence injured.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
I'm with you on this bruh. I don't see any reason to throw him out there when you got a decent qb in Case Keenum. Haskins has elite arm talent. What I mean by that is he has a big arm, super quick release, and great accuracy. Give Haskins a year to get his foot work down pack. Give him a year to examine nfl defenses. Give him a year to understand what we do offensively. So when he does get out there he'll be more comfortable and confident in what he's doing. I'm not saying that he'll do poorly if he started him immediately. But I believe we risk destroying his confidence before we get a chance to build it up. That would be a huge mistake.

I look back at the RG3 situation and I see a lot of things that we should have done differently. RG3 needed a few years on the bench to learn the drop back passing game. After that injury he never regained his confidence. Once his ability to run was taken away he really did suck. I don't want us to make the same mistake with Dwayne Haskins.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:48 PM   #372
Kope
Special Teams

Quote:
I dont understand this. We stay healthy we have a legit shot. The past two years have been several standard deviations outside the norm. That cant keep happening (I hope not anyway).

As for Case Keenum, I bet if he plays most of this year he will be closer to Minn than Denver (Denver was not good last year at more than QB). He reminds me more of Rich Gannon more than anyone else.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:18 PM   #373
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

We are due for something good, we have to be. In Haskins I Trust. Just based on the arm talent alone, he's going to be exciting to watch.

Old 06-26-2019, 09:50 PM   #374
MTK
\m/

How does someone get used to the speed of the game sitting on the bench?

Old 06-26-2019, 10:31 PM   #375
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
How does someone get used to the speed of the game sitting on the bench?

Give em' a stop watch to clock players during live game action? Of course guys only run perfectly straight maybe a few yards at a time, so he'll really have to be on top of his game!!
Closed Thread