Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Week 2 - the Rebound

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-14-2021, 01:48 PM   #61
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: Week 2 - the Rebound

I was actually ok with moving on from Moses. It's always good to get younger on the O-line. Maybe Cosmi didn't have a great day, but I'm not so sure that a 31 year old Moses would have handled Bosa any better. How many holding / false start penalties would we have had? We'll never know, we can only speculate. I will agree though, that the O-line has to do better as a unit moving forward. The entire offense does.

It's funny to me because they absolutely did address the O-line in the offseason. It's deeper than it's been in a while. But there's always that one move that fans want to point out to make the case that the coaches don't know what they are doing, or to discount the fact that they actually did try to improve the team.

Maybe we should give Cosmi more than one NFL game against a premier NFL pass rusher, before we decide that he isn't the answer, or that releasing Moses was dumb.

I feel the same way about the secondary and St-Juste. Moreland was nice here, particularly in run support, but the secondary is now more talented overall and deeper than it has been in a while.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-14-2021, 01:48 PM   #62
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Terry McLaurin- ‘If you want to be a top guy you got to go out there and make plays. Doesnt matter if it’s the 4th string QB.’
Old 09-14-2021, 01:50 PM   #63
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Terry McLaurin- ‘If you want to be a top guy you got to go out there and make plays. Doesnt matter if it’s the 4th string QB.’
That guy is such a fucking winner. He needs to play at least 10 years here, don't care how much it costs.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 01:51 PM   #64
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Agree ^
Old 09-14-2021, 02:05 PM   #65
Coff
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
The issue with Watson on this team is … with all the other stuff that has gone on with the cheerleader scandals etc .. gonna be hard to bring in Watson without a huge uproar ..
So true. It would be really hard to swallow for a lot of people, but ultimately if he were to come here and lead to the team to a championship, it would be a happy ending for all of us.
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 02:07 PM   #66
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coff View Post
So true. It would be really hard to swallow for a lot of people, but ultimately if he were to come here and lead to the team to a championship, it would be a happy ending for all of us.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 02:19 PM   #67
MTK
\m/

Might as well put the Watson talk to rest, we've never been mentioned as one of the teams he wants to go to. So that's another wrench in the works.
Old 09-14-2021, 02:23 PM   #68
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

This is a Washington, D.C.-based tweet.

The local DC-area TV rating for WFT-Chargers was a 15.4 on CBS yesterday. That's down 7% from WFT's opener last year (16.5).
Old 09-14-2021, 02:33 PM   #69
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
This is a Washington, D.C.-based tweet.

The local DC-area TV rating for WFT-Chargers was a 15.4 on CBS yesterday. That's down 7% from WFT's opener last year (16.5).
Radio said it was the lowest attendance for an opener in 50 years.

Nowadays though flat tv ratings = increased tv ratings. So many other ways to watch that dont get included in the Neilsen ratings. If you arent going down, youre going up!

Sports biz guy also more urban yuppy areas will have lower traditional tv ratings bc that crowd tends to watch games ways other than tv vs like GB and more older rural areas.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 07:42 PM   #70
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Well he was impressive enough to play 16 years in the NFL. With the way QBs come and go it says a lot that he was able to stick around for 16 years.

I would say talent was the issue in addition to his health. He wasn't a starter on his XFL team but maybe his XFL team was loaded at QB. I did feel a spark watching him but a spark is just that, a spark. They shine bright for a few seconds but in the long run they fizzle out.
The way I would put it is: Fitz has proven he is a better NFL QB than Heinicke over his 16 years career... but do we know for sure he was better this year for this team and this offense ? The few snaps we saw of him didn't make it look like a massive certainty.
Anyway, kinda moot argument at this point. Heinicke is our starter and I'm rooting for him to stay healthy.
Old 09-14-2021, 07:45 PM   #71
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
The way I would put it is: Fitz has proven he is a better NFL QB than Heinicke over his 16 years career... but do we know for sure he was better this year for this team and this offense ? The few snaps we saw of him didn't make it look like a massive certainty.

Anyway, kinda moot argument at this point. Heinicke is our starter and I'm rooting for him to stay healthy.
Exactly.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 07:46 PM   #72
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post

I don't know, at least we're not blocking ourselves...
Really, that is hilarious (as long as it isn't our guys)

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:49 PM   #73
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

After last week I have zero confidence in this coaching staff,we might win this game,but it will be by the hair of our balls in all likelihood,this team isnt going anywhere.What a over hyped defense and Chase was a big part of it,did he even have his name called? Predicted score 20-17 could go either way.Another prediction,Barkley has his biggest game in 2 years
Old 09-15-2021, 07:44 AM   #74
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I'm rooting for him too.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 08:08 AM   #75
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Ron R played for the 85 Bears and his DC plays a soft zone defense when the game is on the line. Del Rio is no better than Joe Barry or Greg Manusky.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote