Week 1 Loss - Post Thoughts Here

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-13-2019, 01:21 PM   #166
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Week 1 Loss - Post Thoughts Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Is your reliable source The Junkies? Because that's the only place where it's been mentioned that the team offer was low.

Both NBC Sports Washington and PFT refer to the report by Hawk (which the Junkies mentioned), and while both places talk about the two sides being far apart, they don't mention anything about a low offer.
ha not the Junkies. It was Sheehan and Im pretty sure he heard from 2 different sources...this has been awhile ago. Nothing been going on since.

It very well could be they want to wait now for the CBA or to see how Schreff responded after the injury...but there was an attempt made to resign him, and not a good one.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-13-2019, 01:26 PM   #167
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
ha not the Junkies. It was Sheehan and Im pretty sure he heard from 2 different sources...this has been awhile ago. Nothing been going on since.

It very well could be they want to wait now for the CBA or to see how Schreff responded after the injury...but there was an attempt made to resign him, and not a good one.
The only source everyone is quoting is Erin Hawksworth, and she deleted a tweet about what she was reporting. And I wouldn't trust Sheehan with anything.

I'm pretty sure Trent and his antics haven't helped, but I think the CBA has a lot of do. And I don't blame Scherff's agent, as it makes good business sense to get a deal under a better CBA.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 01:45 PM   #168
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Just a play amongst others, but I think we tend to only remember when Josh Norman gets burnt because he's not a fast corner, and forget this kind of plays he consistently make in the run game (bottom of your screen):

Old 09-13-2019, 01:49 PM   #169
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Just a play amongst others, but I think we tend to only remember when Josh Norman gets burnt because he's not a fast corner, and forget this kind of plays he consistently make in the run game (bottom of your screen):

He's still a good player, people just like to hate on him. Still our best overall Corner too
Old 09-13-2019, 01:50 PM   #170
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:

We really need some speed among the DBs. Josh is not a fast corner, Dunny is always hurt. Is Montae fast? I think having Fabian should help, looks like Jimmy Moreland's legend died last week when he got burnt by DJax.
R.I.P. #21
Old 09-13-2019, 01:53 PM   #171
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
The only source everyone is quoting is Erin Hawksworth, and she deleted a tweet about what she was reporting. And I wouldn't trust Sheehan with anything.

I'm pretty sure Trent and his antics haven't helped, but I think the CBA has a lot of do. And I don't blame Scherff's agent, as it makes good business sense to get a deal under a better CBA.
Its sad when people form strong convictions based on false information. But agree on all points.

The Alex Smith contract also looms heavily over all of this. We're carrying a ton of dead money from that and so we've got to be really careful with how we allocate money. We already have the most expensive offensive line in football. I would prefer not to pay Scherff until the Williams situation plays out. If we do end up having to move on from TW, and we can replace him with a cheap veteran or draft pick, then we can afford to throw extra money Scherffs's way. However, if we end up having to spend big for Trent or a FA LT, then that changes how much we want to spend for a guard.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 01:54 PM   #172
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
We really need some speed among the DBs. Josh is not a fast corner, Dunny is always hurt. Is Montae fast? I think having Fabian should help, looks like Jimmy Moreland's legend died last week when he got burnt by DJax.
I wouldn't be so quick to bury Moreland. A rookie corner getting beaten by DJ's speed is the norm, not an aberration. Our secondary's miscues were more about blown coverage, miscommunication, and over complicated coverages (shorter version: bad coaching) than lack of talent IMO.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2019, 02:18 PM   #173
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Its sad when people form strong convictions based on false information. But agree on all points.

The Alex Smith contract also looms heavily over all of this. We're carrying a ton of dead money from that and so we've got to be really careful with how we allocate money. We already have the most expensive offensive line in football. I would prefer not to pay Scherff until the Williams situation plays out. If we do end up having to move on from TW, and we can replace him with a cheap veteran or draft pick, then we can afford to throw extra money Scherffs's way. However, if we end up having to spend big for Trent or a FA LT, then that changes how much we want to spend for a guard.
Also, if Trent pulls a L. Bell, we are saving $11 mil this year, which should help with some cap relief. Also, getting rid of him next season carries less cap implications compared to this year (I believe).
R.I.P. #21
Old 09-13-2019, 02:34 PM   #174
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
See it's not like Moreland got burnt by pure speed either, I'm not sure how this coverage is supposed to work, but it ends up putting Nicholson in a position where he has to choose which deep route he leaves wide open... and Moreland weirdly sits around the 40 looking inside... Don't know what he was supposed to do, neither what he saw there...

Old 09-13-2019, 02:35 PM   #175
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Also, if Trent pulls a L. Bell, we are saving $11 mil this year, which should help with some cap relief. Also, getting rid of him next season carries less cap implications compared to this year (I believe).
Good point... and we can roll over unused cap to next year, too.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 02:43 PM   #176
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
See it's not like Moreland got burnt by pure speed either, I'm not sure how this coverage is supposed to work, but it ends up putting Nicholson in a position where he has to choose which deep route he leaves wide open... and Moreland weirdly sits around the 40 looking inside... Don't know what he was supposed to do, neither what he saw there...

Its cover 3 Cloud which means Saftey is making the play, and underneath isn't as open. It's a tough task for Montae to be put in, he ran inside due to Wentz's eyes leading him that way, Wentz knew his 2nd read was DJax over the top and he threw a perfect ball.
Old 09-13-2019, 03:07 PM   #177
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Its cover 3 Cloud which means Saftey is making the play, and underneath isn't as open. It's a tough task for Montae to be put in, he ran inside due to Wentz's eyes leading him that way, Wentz knew his 2nd read was DJax over the top and he threw a perfect ball.
Thanks. But if it's a Cover 3 play, isn't Moreland responsible for a third of the deep ? I mean he blew his coverage right ?
Old 09-13-2019, 06:22 PM   #178
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Thanks. But if it's a Cover 3 play, isn't Moreland responsible for a third of the deep ? I mean he blew his coverage right ?
No the 2 outside guys are responsible for 1/3 with the deep S. That is a normal cover 3 look but the one above is Cloud which is different. Moreland wasn't at fault here he played the underneath, it's a risky Defense that usually works vs short yardage situations. Unfortunately Montae followed Wentzs eyes on his first read here and couldn't get back quick enough

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2019, 06:24 PM   #179
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Doug also called a great play and he knew we would be In 3 most likely. Skins play as much 3 as Seattle which plays it the most in the league.

Old 09-14-2019, 12:47 AM   #180
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
No the 2 outside guys are responsible for 1/3 with the deep S. That is a normal cover 3 look but the one above is Cloud which is different. Moreland wasn't at fault here he played the underneath, it's a risky Defense that usually works vs short yardage situations. Unfortunately Montae followed Wentzs eyes on his first read here and couldn't get back quick enough

Wow thanks, +1 football knowledge item unlocked, love it !

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk