Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Ron Rivera

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-26-2022, 01:30 AM   #1
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Ron Rivera

Is it time to turn on Ron Rivera ? Ron is old school....Rivera has no energy.....and the players reflect that.....we need a younger head coach.....I really don't think Ron is the man for the job.....I feel like Ron is stuck to how football was played back in the 1980s and 1990s....and there's no Cam Newton, Thomas Davis, or Luke Kuechly in Washington to save him....there's no all pro players on this defense.....they don't have the players they can mold into who they want....Ron Rivera is not getting it done and apparently his message is not getting to these players.....the fact that he threw that challenge flag late as fuck really resonated lwith me.......he got this team on track when he got here after the Bruce Allen years.....and he has done as much as he can do....and maybe it's time for someone else to come in and pick up where Ron left off.....I've gotten to this point with Ron.

Advertisements
Old 09-26-2022, 01:57 AM   #2
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: Ron Rivera

Of all the things to complain about, I think this challenge flag thing is absolutely the dumbest thing to complain about.

Anyways, yes... let's turn on Ron Rivera, because we definitely have a better option at this point after game 3.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 08:20 AM   #3
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Of all the things to complain about, I think this challenge flag thing is absolutely the dumbest thing to complain about.

Anyways, yes... let's turn on Ron Rivera, because we definitely have a better option at this point after game 3.

Ron is 15-21 so far as head coach......don't you get sick and tired of the slow starts to seasons ? Don't you get tired of watching the same movie over and over where the team starts off 3-6, win three in row, and then lose 5 out of the final ten games to finish 7-9 or 7-10 ? Why can't there ever be a start to a new season where the team starts off 3-0 ?
Old 09-26-2022, 08:43 AM   #4
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Just because Ron is the only option isn’t an excuse for losing lol. It was a 45 yard difference that really was the turning point of the game. Your optimism is becoming rose colored.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 08:46 AM   #5
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Ron is 15-21 so far as head coach......don't you get sick and tired of the slow starts to seasons ? Don't you get tired of watching the same movie over and over where the team starts off 3-6, win three in row, and then lose 5 out of the final ten games to finish 7-9 or 7-10 ? Why can't there ever be a start to a new season where the team starts off 3-0 ?
Ron has the same record through 36 game as Jay Gruden.

I've been saying RR is a dinosaur since he's been hired and its more obvious now than ever, especially with that shovel pass on the goal line. No modern coach runs a play like that in that situation. Ron isn't going to change so this re-run is going to keep playing every week.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 08:53 AM   #6
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I was a huge fan of this hire and I kept giving him excuses but now it's time for him to go.

1. The team is not getting better in the W/L Column where it matters most.
2. He's never energetic, all he does is stand there all game with no emotions.
3. He's supposed to be a defensive coach and he's NEVER had a good defense here.
4. He says the same shit every week "well we are growing and learning" LMAO Learning how to suck.
5. He has done NOTHING to help the holes our defense has had over the last few years especially at LB a position he played!!

The whole staff is garbage and the fact that the social media team celebrates a catch from Terry when losing 24-0 speaks volumes about where this team is.

I'm over these clowns and franchise. I legit don't care anymore and I'd be 100% done if it wasn't for this forum.
Old 09-26-2022, 08:54 AM   #7
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post

I've been saying RR is a dinosaur since he's been hired and its more obvious now than ever, especially with that shovel pass on the goal line. No modern coach runs a play like that in that situation. Ron isn't going to change so this re-run is going to keep playing every week.
I didn't see the game are you referring to running shovel passes at the goal line in general?
Old 09-26-2022, 08:57 AM   #8
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

KC runs that all the time down there but they also have Mahomes so he can do whatever he wants
Old 09-26-2022, 08:58 AM   #9
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I didn't see the game are you referring to running shovel passes at the goal line in general?
They ran a shovel pass yesterday at the start of the 4th quarter, on 4th and goal. The next play was when Wash got the safety.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 08:58 AM   #10
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Just because Ron is the only option isn’t an excuse for losing lol. It was a 45 yard difference that really was the turning point of the game. Your optimism is becoming rose colored.
LOL, I'm not excusing their losing... I'm just not putting it on that play.

It is easy to criticize a play like that sitting on your couch. Timeouts are valuable, and you don't just throw the challenge flag every time you think a pass might be incomplete. He was like a second late, after Philly hurried up to snap the ball. Sometimes the Head coaches don't get the communication fast enough to know that the flag should be thrown. It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is.

Yes, that was a very impactful play - may have even been a turning point. But that isn't why they lost the game. They lost the game because the offensive line got man-handled, and no adjustments were made to account for that until it was too late.
Old 09-26-2022, 09:04 AM   #11
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I was a huge fan of this hire and I kept giving him excuses but now it's time for him to go.

1. The team is not getting better in the W/L Column where it matters most.
2. He's never energetic, all he does is stand there all game with no emotions.
3. He's supposed to be a defensive coach and he's NEVER had a good defense here.
4. He says the same shit every week "well we are growing and learning" LMAO Learning how to suck.
5. He has done NOTHING to help the holes our defense has had over the last few years especially at LB a position he played!!

The whole staff is garbage and the fact that the social media team celebrates a catch from Terry when losing 24-0 speaks volumes about where this team is.

I'm over these clowns and franchise. I legit don't care anymore and I'd be 100% done if it wasn't for this forum.
It's really hard to argue any of your points. I want to, but damn...you're not wrong. I really liked the hire when it happened too. However, three games into his third season, and they just might be worse than last year. I'll keep hoping they turn it around, but my magic 8-ball says that the signs are pointing to no.
Old 09-26-2022, 09:07 AM   #12
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

We are definitely going the wrong direction.

Rivera is a dinosaur, time to make his ass extinct in Washington. Unfortunately no way it happens until maybe the last game or 2 of the season, at earliest.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 09:10 AM   #13
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:

I agree. We're 1-2. If we make a change, who takes over? Why does it make us better? Is it just to get rid of RR for his leadership? I don't deny I am not happy with RR's coaching but unless there is a pragmatic reason i.e. the coaching staff has lost the locker room, we have a known young talent we want to promote from within I think we just have to ride the ship for the time being.
Old 09-26-2022, 09:11 AM   #14
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
They ran a shovel pass yesterday at the start of the 4th quarter, on 4th and goal. The next play was when Wash got the safety.
I have no problem with the shovel in general. The Ravens run it quite efficiently but it helps when you have Lamar and Mark Andrews
Old 09-26-2022, 09:16 AM   #15
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Rivera the GM absolutely failed Rivera the HC. And he isn't a good HC, so he needed all the help he could get.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote