Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Redskins Locker Room

Old 03-12-2020, 01:39 PM   #31
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Wonder when they'll start pushing back free agency, the draft, mini camps, etc.
I'm not sure they will keep this up past a couple weeks, or a month... I mean I'm not sounding like a hard ass here but life has to go on... You cant live in fear for the remainder of the year.... I'm all about getting safe and stopping this virus but we also need to be realistic.. Another thing is when will companies stop work? Sports isn't everything, everyone else is at risk as well..

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-12-2020, 01:41 PM   #32
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Free agency should be able to proceed, it's not a mass gathering like games or training camps, and the risks of being exposed during travel can be mitigated with masks.

With the draft, they may decide to do it with no players present, or behind closed doors / remotely.
I'm just thinking when it comes to FA is it the best time or a good look to start tossing around millions and millions of dollars given the public health crisis
Old 03-12-2020, 01:43 PM   #33
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I'm just thinking when it comes to FA is it the best time or a good look to start tossing around millions and millions of dollars given the public health crisis
Fair point, optics. We need some form of economic normalcy or our economy is just going to splatter all over the pavement.
Old 03-12-2020, 02:26 PM   #34
SunnySide
The Starter

Its cool guys.

The draft is being held on a boat.

"We haven't put it together. We've made too many mistakes on game day. But the effort. The effort of the players and the rest of this organization is fantastic," Redskins Team President Bruce Allen said in early October.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 03:29 PM   #35
MTK
\m/

Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Draft Thread

@MarkMaske
The NFL has canceled its annual league meeting scheduled for March 29 to April 1 in Palm Beach, Fla.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2020, 03:40 PM   #36
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I'm not sure they will keep this up past a couple weeks, or a month... I mean I'm not sounding like a hard ass here but life has to go on... You cant live in fear for the remainder of the year.... I'm all about getting safe and stopping this virus but we also need to be realistic.. Another thing is when will companies stop work? Sports isn't everything, everyone else is at risk as well..
While I hope you're right, I'm not so sure...I think it could be a few months at least. They're expecting so many to contract the virus that the health industry is not going to be able to keep up with how many are coming in sick...you may have people dying because of lack of proper care for it, whereas normally they wouldn't have. Not to mention, the amount of health professionals that contract it themselves that won't be there to help. They're saying this is just the beginning. I sure hope it doesn't get as bad as they are saying it could be.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 03:46 PM   #37
Number44
Special Teams

Ny son and his girlfriend are at the Nationals game today. May end up being the last baseball game for quite a while.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 04:09 AM   #38
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
While I hope you're right, I'm not so sure...I think it could be a few months at least. They're expecting so many to contract the virus that the health industry is not going to be able to keep up with how many are coming in sick...you may have people dying because of lack of proper care for it, whereas normally they wouldn't have. Not to mention, the amount of health professionals that contract it themselves that won't be there to help. They're saying this is just the beginning. I sure hope it doesn't get as bad as they are saying it could be.

Pandemic protocols last 1-2 months as long as the original conoravirus virus does not mutate (like in 1918 Spanish Flu). President needs to declare National Emergency and implement the Pandemic protocols sooner rather than later. Heís going to suffer criticism no matter what he does, but he needs to be BOLD and save lives.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 03:29 PM   #39
EdmundDorf
Special Teams

John Keim
@john_keim

26m
It was a non-exclusive tag placed on Scherff...

Means other teams can talk to him..... interesting
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 04:14 PM   #40
EdmundDorf
Special Teams

They can negotiate a compromise trade, doesn't have to be 2 firsts....
Old 03-14-2020, 04:16 PM   #41
EdmundDorf
Special Teams

.... also the tender is less for the non-exclusive tag
Old 03-14-2020, 04:18 PM   #42
EdmundDorf
Special Teams

More likely that they are close to a deal and this is a place holder until the cba result becomes clear... the result, either way, alters the cap outlook
Old 03-14-2020, 07:17 PM   #43
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Brandon Schreff...So the non exclusive franchise tag is interesting...gives the ability to truly define his market value as well as opening up for a trade.

I wonder if Ronís experience with Andrew Norwell plays a part in the decision. Norwell went from UDA to All Pro in Carolina. They let him test the free agent market and he signed in Jacksonville where he has been a huge bust...like heís been garbage.

I like the idea using this type of tag
Old 03-15-2020, 10:50 PM   #44
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Brandon Schreff...So the non exclusive franchise tag is interesting...gives the ability to truly define his market value as well as opening up for a trade.

I wonder if Ronís experience with Andrew Norwell plays a part in the decision. Norwell went from UDA to All Pro in Carolina. They let him test the free agent market and he signed in Jacksonville where he has been a huge bust...like heís been garbage.

I like the idea using this type of tag

Yes. Scherff had his worst season last year, with many penalties and mistakes. I think he was dragged down by Moses, who really had a terrible year. Was Scherff deteriorating or was it just an off year, followed by more Pro Bowl seasons? See how he does this season and go from there:

1. If he plays to his normal (excellent) season, then resign him to a long-term (and expensive) contract. Heíll be a Redskin for life.

2. If he continues to go downhill, then trade him and move Martin into his slot.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 11:57 PM   #45
SFREDSKIN
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Yes. Scherff had his worst season last year, with many penalties and mistakes. I think he was dragged down by Moses, who really had a terrible year. Was Scherff deteriorating or was it just an off year, followed by more Pro Bowl seasons? See how he does this season and go from there:

1. If he plays to his normal (excellent) season, then resign him to a long-term (and expensive) contract. Heíll be a Redskin for life.

2. If he continues to go downhill, then trade him and move Martin into his slot.

I blame Moses, I think Scherff was doing a 2 man job. Fuck Moses!!!

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote