Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Welcome to DC Chase Young!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2020, 09:57 AM   #31
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 12,077
Re: Welcome to DC Chase Young!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
He's Julius Peppers and we have needed that for years

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I thought you were on the trade the pick bandwagon and wanted Simmons?
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-28-2020, 10:07 AM   #32
Giantone
Franchise Player
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,256
Re: Welcome to DC Chase Young!

CY is for real ,he is going to be a great player. Hopefully the Giants drafted with him in mind !
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 10:32 AM   #33
Bishop Hammer
Special Teams
 
Bishop Hammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 323
Re: Welcome to DC Chase Young!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
One guy isn't going to turn this into a top d. Do you guys remember just how bad it was last year? I believe that we were last against the run. No one is capable of stopping SaQuan. Last on 3rd down. I think Chase will help 3rd down hopefully. But year after year we just suck against the run. Sorry but you can not just say that is all Manusky's fault. A lot of it has to go on the players too.

Kerrigan can not play the run worth shit anymore. Holcomb misses more tackles than anyone. I saw Allen get pushed around too much. Collins is the most overrated safety in the NFL.

A lot of the same guys will be back and we will need them to play better and get coached up.
Gregg Manusky was coaching those guys and his history is mediocre at best. Jack Del Rio is a superior coordinator and is implementing a different, more aggressive philosophy.

In Steve Spurious' last year the defense wasn't anything to write home about but when Gregg Williams took over the same unit they immediately became a force to be reckoned with. I have a funny feeling the D wilk become a strong point for Wash, if the season happens.
__________________
I don't have to sell my soul
he's already in me
I don't need to sell my soul
he's already in me
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored

Stone Roses
"I wanna be adored"
Bishop Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 01:11 PM   #34
Warthog
The Starter
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 1,036
Re: Welcome to DC Chase Young!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
What flavor are you drinking? Pass me some please. I like fruit punch.

I知 predicting the Redskins will be 8-8 this season and I知 drinking the koolaid? Lol. I値l talk to you at the end of the season. I think the defense will progress to the top ten or so based mostly on the new coaches this season and some on Chase and a lot of other good players who were mismanaged. The offense is more a work in progress and will take more time.

Manusky has never been able to get his defenses out of the bottom quarter of the NFL , no matter WHO he had playing for him. Is he a defensive coordinator for another team now? No - because he just keeps repeating his record. Jack Del Rio and Rivera have taken trash defenses and brought them to the top. Not because of a massive infusion of new, great players but because they are successful coaches, motivators and teachers.

Another factor: Bruce Allen isn稚 making personnel and team decisions and neither is Snyder. I look at Kyle Smith as an excellent evaluator of personnel, another HUGE change m.

If you think predicting a team will be .500 is koolaid drinking, then I値l take mine in Guinness flavor!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 01:31 PM   #35
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 12,077
Re: Welcome to DC Chase Young!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I知 predicting the Redskins will be 8-8 this season and I知 drinking the koolaid? Lol. I値l talk to you at the end of the season. I think the defense will progress to the top ten or so based mostly on the new coaches this season and some on Chase and a lot of other good players who were mismanaged. The offense is more a work in progress and will take more time.

Manusky has never been able to get his defenses out of the bottom quarter of the NFL , no matter WHO he had playing for him. Is he a defensive coordinator for another team now? No - because he just keeps repeating his record. Jack Del Rio and Rivera have taken trash defenses and brought them to the top. Not because of a massive infusion of new, great players but because they are successful coaches, motivators and teachers.

Another factor: Bruce Allen isn稚 making personnel and team decisions and neither is Snyder. I look at Kyle Smith as an excellent evaluator of personnel, another HUGE change m.

If you think predicting a team will be .500 is koolaid drinking, then I値l take mine in Guinness flavor!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This team with a weaker personnel could have been in the playoffs 3-4 years, injuries prevented from happening. The only ? are Haskins development and LT, I think will be fine since we are loaded with young talent and would not be surprised to see us in the playoffs.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 02:36 PM   #36
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 28,149
Re: Welcome to DC Chase Young!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I thought you were on the trade the pick bandwagon and wanted Simmons?
O I was but I always said if we take CY I'd be just as happy.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 03:09 PM   #37
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 16,598
Re: Welcome to DC Chase Young!

Maybe Chase Young will bump us up to drafting 1 first team all-pro. We'd still be in last place for the last 20 years but you gotta start somewhere right?

__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 08:17 PM   #38
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 28,149
Re: Welcome to DC Chase Young!

I love these for alternate Jersey!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 10:46 PM   #39
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Posts: 3,763
Re: Welcome to DC Chase Young!

Not a bad look.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 11:33 PM   #40
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 94,007
Re: Welcome to DC Chase Young!

Not a fan of gold jerseys
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 12:26 AM   #41
OnceWeWereKings
Impact Rookie
 
OnceWeWereKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 569
Re: Welcome to DC Chase Young!

The only time I dig the gold jerseys is as practice jerseys..
__________________
To beer, or not to beer? That is the ques.....oh, look...a beer.
OnceWeWereKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 01:51 AM   #42
Warthog
The Starter
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 1,036
Re: Welcome to DC Chase Young!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWeWereKings View Post
The only time I dig the gold jerseys is as practice jerseys..

Only the QB wear the gold jerseys in TC so they don稚 get hit. That痴 what this Gold Jersey reminds me of - I値l pass.

I AM going to order my Chase Young jersey, once he gets his number (99?) and through this training camp (if there is one).

I did the same thing after Chris Cooley first training camp and never regretted it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 02:44 PM   #43
OnceWeWereKings
Impact Rookie
 
OnceWeWereKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 569
Re: Welcome to DC Chase Young!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Only the QB wear the gold jerseys in TC so they don稚 get hit. That痴 what this Gold Jersey reminds me of - I値l pass.

I AM going to order my Chase Young jersey, once he gets his number (99?) and through this training camp (if there is one).

I did the same thing after Chris Cooley first training camp and never regretted it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good to know. I had no idea it was only QBs in camp. I never really noticed them before rg3, and I was going to pick one of them up. Instead I got a white rg3 jersey
...and after that i vowed to not get current players. The next one i bought was a maroon ernest byner. I think a young jersey may be in order, next though as well.
Not a fan of those weird stars on the sleeves of this one. I'll pass
__________________
To beer, or not to beer? That is the ques.....oh, look...a beer.
OnceWeWereKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 03:56 PM   #44
AnonEmouse
Impact Rookie
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 696
Re: Welcome to DC Chase Young!

Every time I bought a jersey for q current player he was gone next season. Portis, Arrington and Moss. I'm not superstitious but...
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 04:00 PM   #45
GridIron26
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 2,294
Re: Welcome to DC Chase Young!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Every time I bought a jersey for q current player he was gone next season. Portis, Arrington and Moss. I'm not superstitious but...
Please buy Moses jersey!
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.14148 seconds with 10 queries