Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

NFL Season Predictions 2019

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-30-2019, 04:12 AM   #16
Warthog
The Starter

Re: NFL Season Predictions 2019

BA tries to keep Trent Williams and blows the chance to trade him for a 1st round draft pick. He doesn’t play for the Redskins ever again.

We go 1-4 in first five games and Haskins is brought in to try to keep at least 50 fans still at the games.

Gruden keeps Colt, Doctson and Flowers and Perrine- all of which do nothing this season. Jay and Colt, Doctson and Flowers all are fired after the season.

The WR group shocks the NFL. Davis, Steve Sims, Trey Quinn and Vernon Davis get the passing attack going again. Guice and AP run well but teams challenge Redskins to pass by bringing up 8 in the box.

6-10 or 7-9. Gruden loses job but nimrod Bruce Allen keeps his. New HC comes from within organization. Some position coaches are kept for continuity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-30-2019, 08:02 AM   #17
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
BA tries to keep Trent Williams and blows the chance to trade him for a 1st round draft pick. He doesn’t play for the Redskins ever again.

We go 1-4 in first five games and Haskins is brought in to try to keep at least 50 fans still at the games.

Gruden keeps Colt, Doctson and Flowers and Perrine- all of which do nothing this season. Jay and Colt, Doctson and Flowers all are fired after the season.

The WR group shocks the NFL. Davis, Steve Sims, Trey Quinn and Vernon Davis get the passing attack going again. Guice and AP run well but teams challenge Redskins to pass by bringing up 8 in the box.

6-10 or 7-9. Gruden loses job but nimrod Bruce Allen keeps his. New HC comes from within organization. Some position coaches are kept for continuity.

I hate to say it but that has a high probability. I don't understand the love for Perrine, even Theismann was raving about his improvements on the telecast of last night's game. What am I missing?
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 08:06 AM   #18
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I hate to say it but that has a high probability. I don't understand the love for Perrine, even Theismann was raving about his improvements on the telecast of last night's game. What am I missing?
He is great against McDonalds clerks

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited by CRedskinsRule; 08-30-2019 at 08:36 AM.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 09:51 AM   #19
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Perine is officially a Gruden guy. Sadly we’ve seen this before

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 10:23 AM   #20
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

I do not follow the AFC. Here are the NFC picks.

NFC East Eagles
NFC West Rams
NFC South Saints
NFC North Green Bay

Wild Card Bears and Seahawks

Skins go 9 - 7.

Running Backs are better
Tight Ends are better
Receivers are the same
D-line and secondary better
LT worse, LG same, Center same, Right side better
LB a little worse
QB same
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 10:27 AM   #21
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
He is great against McDonalds clerks

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Heck, I could get 30 yards on 15 carries against McDonalds clerks.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 10:31 PM   #22
Warthog
The Starter

Ok I was wrong and the team actually got rid of Perrine and Doctson. Then they blew it by not fleecing Houston out of some big draft picks and ending the TW issue.

Anyone who is predicting 9-7 or playoffs is missing our team’s Achilles Heal. The OL is weak and extremely thin. Penn has not made it through the last two seasons without an injury. Penn’s only backup is Christian - who simply is not at the NFL level. He was getting crushed by backup players and beat by backup to the backup players. DT are just salivating for when Penn goes down. Christian is a paper house in a hurricane.

Then we have Flowers. Maybe he gets better but he is going to get beat occasionally or worse. Then they will bring in Martin who has much more upside but is still green.

Teams are going to try to stuff the run, every play. It’s tough to run against 8 in the box. That will force Case Keenum to pass. That means the OL must pass protect with our cobbled - together line. That means Case must not thrown INT or fumble like he did last year.

Flyboy.

Old 09-02-2019, 08:03 AM   #23
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Ok I was wrong and the team actually got rid of Perrine and Doctson. Then they blew it by not fleecing Houston out of some big draft picks and ending the TW issue.

Anyone who is predicting 9-7 or playoffs is missing our team’s Achilles Heal. The OL is weak and extremely thin. Penn has not made it through the last two seasons without an injury. Penn’s only backup is Christian - who simply is not at the NFL level. He was getting crushed by backup players and beat by backup to the backup players. DT are just salivating for when Penn goes down. Christian is a paper house in a hurricane.

Then we have Flowers. Maybe he gets better but he is going to get beat occasionally or worse. Then they will bring in Martin who has much more upside but is still green.

Teams are going to try to stuff the run, every play. It’s tough to run against 8 in the box. That will force Case Keenum to pass. That means the OL must pass protect with our cobbled - together line. That means Case must not thrown INT or fumble like he did last year.

The left side of the line with Penn/Flowers should be a solid run line. We should see a lot of back side screens and short outs to negate stacking the box. Honestly, if our RB group wasn't as strong as it looks to be, I might agree with your assessment, but I believe that the Redskins are going to have the ability to get that crease for our RB's, with as a pulling lead guard in Scherff, and if they stack the box, AP and Guice are powerful enough we may see them behind the stack alot. Let that happen a few times, and Case make a few plays with his feet (which he did in Minnesota, behind a worse line) and Defenses will play straight up.

Glad the season is starting, and wish TW was there, but him pulling this stunt after the draft is nearly as bad, and definitely for worse reasons, as Andrew Luck's retirement.

Even had we gotten draft picks, this line is what we have, and TW was SUPPOSED to be a huge fuc**n part of it.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:15 AM   #24
Warthog
The Starter

I don’t know what Trent William’s beef with the redskins really is about. However, it is big enough in TW mind that he’s NOT coming back. He’s made that clear from his first announcement through his friends way back in training g camp.

The Redskins have had 45 days to avoid the situation they are in now. Bruce Allen said he talked to TW personally and I think that Trent is a standup guy that he told him where he stands. He told a Bruce he doesn’t want to play here anymore.

It is Bruce Allen who is choosing to NOT BELIEVE TW.

Flyboy.

Old 09-02-2019, 10:47 AM   #25
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

I haven't seen any retirement announcements for him. Until then, I believe he is coming back. He has to come back by week 10 to get credit for this year.
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 03:45 PM   #26
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

I'm kinda surprised that, so far, only three of us got the 2019 win total right at 9.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 05:21 PM   #27
rocnrik
Playmaker

The future is bright for us.. If Haskins is the man we are set at Qb, Rb is ok, a lot of potential at Wr .. we need huge upgrade on the Oline and could use a Big play healthy TE.. so this offseason we get Oline that along with A very solid D next year is the breakout year ! 9 wins this year would be a good coaching job and probably keeps Jay around..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 05:43 PM   #28
Warthog
The Starter

Thus is a rebuilding year. We have many rookies or second-year players (who were hurt last year) who have lots of talent and speed and are playing in key positions. Rookies in WR, QB, Edge -DL, CB. The rookies will do well but it takes a year or two for any rookie to start climbing to reach their peak.

We’re a year from getting to the next level. It all depends on Haskin’s progress at QB. He needs reps and playing time this season to get him ready to breakout next year.

Flyboy.

Old 09-08-2019, 03:53 PM   #29
FWD Skins
Impact Rookie

HAhahaahahahaaa!!
FWD Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 04:19 PM   #30
Indian-brave
Special Teams

NFC East: Redskins
NFC North: Packers
NFC South: Buccaneers
NFC West: 49ers

Wildcards: Lions, Bears

AFC East: New England
AFC North: Browns
AFC South: Colts
AFC West: Chiefs

Wildcards: Steelers , Ravens

SB: 49ers v Pats , *49ers*

no, i'm not being a homer with Redskins. Ive just known for the past 4 years that i'm watching entertainment and not competition.
they are telling you this year the focus is on black quarterbacks and teams with female owners. Those teams will have good years.
last week they kept telling you about 0-2 teams rarely make playoffs, that means this year it will happen. Redskins are 0-2. its season 100. the focus will be on the old school teams in the nfc.
Indian-brave is offline   Reply With Quote