Around the NFL Week 16

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-19-2018, 11:41 AM   #1
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Around the NFL Week 16

Playoff standings as of today.

https://heavy.com/sports/2018/12/nfl...acket-nfc-afc/

Its going to be a fun race in both conferences which is what the NFL needs and wants.

Also look at what Old Jerry is up to now...

NFL tackle leader and Colts' rookie Darius Leonard gets “randomly” drug tested after Cowboys shutout: “NFL this can't be a coincidence,” per @TMZ_Sports http://bit.ly/2Ll16ne

LOLOL someone was salty Darius Leonard out shined the entire Dallas LB Core.

Advertisements
Old 12-19-2018, 02:29 PM   #2
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Around the NFL Week 16

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ng-cam-newton/
Old 12-20-2018, 09:57 AM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Josh Gordon announced he is "stepping away from the football field for a bit to focus on my mental health."

According to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, Gordon is facing another indefinite suspension for violating the terms of his reinstatement. "I take my mental health very seriously at this point to ensure I remain able to perform at the highest level," Gordon wrote. "I have recently felt like I could have a better grasp on things mentally." Gordon made no reference to relapse or suspension in his statement. Reportedly facing another indefinite ban, it is, unfortunately, possible Gordon has played his final snap in the NFL, but there is no way to know for sure how this situation will play out. With Gordon out, the Patriots will turn back to Chris Hogan, Phillip Dorsett, and Cordarrelle Patterson behind Julian Edelman

Patriots got burnt

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:30 AM   #4
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Josh Gordon announced he is "stepping away from the football field for a bit to focus on my mental health."

According to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, Gordon is facing another indefinite suspension for violating the terms of his reinstatement. "I take my mental health very seriously at this point to ensure I remain able to perform at the highest level," Gordon wrote. "I have recently felt like I could have a better grasp on things mentally." Gordon made no reference to relapse or suspension in his statement. Reportedly facing another indefinite ban, it is, unfortunately, possible Gordon has played his final snap in the NFL, but there is no way to know for sure how this situation will play out. With Gordon out, the Patriots will turn back to Chris Hogan, Phillip Dorsett, and Cordarrelle Patterson behind Julian Edelman

Patriots got burnt
Eh, I'm pretty sure they knew what they were getting into.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:32 AM   #5
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Pretty clear the Patriots run is coming to an end, Brady and Gronk both look old and done especially Gronk. It's a good thing for the NFL too. Its time for a new face
Old 12-20-2018, 06:27 PM   #6
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

Patriots got burnt
The real winner in all of this is the Browns. They turned the most unreliable guy in the NFL and someone who's been suspended countless times just for the simple act of toking up into a 5th round pick. Not bad.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 07:35 PM   #7
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Ive fuckin had it. This fucking guy needs to be seriously called out on his bullshit. The fucking Mack trade first and next the cooper trade...seriously great players who are fucking balling the fuck out elsewhere. His lame ass excuses for his poor decisions.

And now shit:Jon Gruden hopes to “restart” Nathan Peterman this offseason https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...his-offseason/

He wants to praise Nathan fucking Peterman...the worst staring qb over the last couple years...sans mark Sanchez...

Jon Gruden is a fucking clown.

Plus the indirect effect of hell on earth now on Monday Night. MNF use to be my favorite show...fuckin can’t watch it anymore.

Fuck you Jon Gruden for your bullshit

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:28 PM   #8
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Ive fuckin had it. This fucking guy needs to be seriously called out on his bullshit. The fucking Mack trade first and next the cooper trade...seriously great players who are fucking balling the fuck out elsewhere. His lame ass excuses for his poor decisions.

And now shit:Jon Gruden hopes to “restart” Nathan Peterman this offseason https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...his-offseason/

He wants to praise Nathan fucking Peterman...the worst staring qb over the last couple years...sans mark Sanchez...

Jon Gruden is a fucking clown.

Plus the indirect effect of hell on earth now on Monday Night. MNF use to be my favorite show...fuckin can’t watch it anymore.

Fuck you Jon Gruden for your bullshit
He should poach Jay, Jay's "run game coordinator", and Manusky.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2018, 10:59 PM   #9
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Pretty clear the Patriots run is coming to an end, Brady and Gronk both look old and done especially Gronk. It's a good thing for the NFL too. Its time for a new face
Do people still think Belicheck is a genius without Brady? Yeah, he won with Cassell, all this supposedly great coaches that were fortunate to have fantastic QB's like Montana and Brady when the players retire they become just another good coach. That's why Gibbs to me will be the best ever, he had average to a very good QB (Theismann) and still went to 4 SB's and won 3.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 06:42 AM   #10
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Do people still think Belicheck is a genius without Brady? Yeah, he won with Cassell, all this supposedly great coaches that were fortunate to have fantastic QB's like Montana and Brady when the players retire they become just another good coach. That's why Gibbs to me will be the best ever, he had average to a very good QB (Theismann) and still went to 4 SB's and won 3.

Yes, Bill Belicheck is the greatest Head Football coach ,ever and he has the resume to back it up . I like Gibbs and have always said so but even the BB haters have to admit he is the best. To win 5 super bowls,got to 8 super Bowls and that is not counting the two super bowls he won as the DC of another team. He is easy not to like and that part I get but you can't argue his record.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...es/BeliBi0.htm
Old 12-21-2018, 09:21 AM   #11
MTK
\m/

Would Brady have had the same success without Belicheck? Would Belicheck have had the same success without Brady? Who knows and who cares. It's a pointless argument.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:23 AM   #12
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Would Brady have had the same success without Belicheck? Would Belicheck have had the same success without Brady? Who knows and who cares. It's a pointless argument.
This debate always cracks me up, Brady is the GOAT at QB period, u can hate on the guy all u want but as far as winning which last I checked matters most, Tom is the guy u want. Same for BB. I'm glad the Pats are coming to an end, its beyond boring seeing them in the SB all the time
Old 12-21-2018, 09:30 AM   #13
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Yes, Bill Belicheck is the greatest Head Football coach ,ever and he has the resume to back it up . I like Gibbs and have always said so but even the BB haters have to admit he is the best. To win 5 super bowls,got to 8 super Bowls and that is not counting the two super bowls he won as the DC of another team. He is easy not to like and that part I get but you can't argue his record.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...es/BeliBi0.htm
That and you can add he did it in the salary cap era. Many of the past dynasties like the 49ers run in the 80's and into the early 90's had the advantage of a free spending owner. Not only did the 49ers constantly spend more on player salaries than other teams, Eddie DeBartalo treated the players to perks other owners did not, things that would not be allowed today. On the flip side a lot of franchises in the pre salary cap era were bad because of owners who refused to spend money.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 09:52 AM   #14
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

There is an improbable scenario where the vikings are the 6th seed playing Chicago and we are the 5th seed playing Dallas. It is based on us winning out, Seattle losing out (to KC AND ARI) and the Vikings splitting their last two (pretty likely actually). That would be a crazy end to the season. Or even better Dallas losing out, us winning out, and playing Minnesota at fedex in the first round

edit:
also a great weekend for us includes
the Skins winning obviously,
Seattle losing - damn near a must -

and then the following are bonus help
Philly losing to Houston - I think that is likely
Vikings losing to Detroit - highly unlikely

and finally to make the last weekend REALLY interesting
Dallas losing to Tampa - very very unlikely
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 10:00 AM   #15
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
There is an improbable scenario where the vikings are the 6th seed playing Chicago and we are the 5th seed playing Dallas. It is based on us winning out, Seattle losing out (to KC AND ARI) and the Vikings splitting their last two (pretty likely actually). That would be a crazy end to the season.
I just dont want to get my hopes up about the playoffs with this team, Its crazy they are even alive still to be honest but lets focus on ten tomorrow first