Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins - Bengals across the pond (prediction thread)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-25-2016, 05:19 PM   #1
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Redskins - Bengals across the pond (prediction thread)

Washington Redskins vs. Cincinnati Bengals Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick | Bleacher Report

They have us winning "The Bengals and Redskins have been hard to figure out this year, with each playing well at times and looking bad in other games. Cincinnati has been the more inconsistent of the two recently, though, going 0-5 SU in its last five games off a victory.

Washington is 5-1 SU and ATS in its previous six on the road and will be able to bounce back from that tough loss at Detroit with a win at Wembley Stadium and at sports betting sites."

I do too, I think the bengals run defense and lack of pass rush will hurt them in a game that is a toss up to begin with. Kirk has a ton of confidence right now and I look for him to really start heating up like he did last yr.

If Josh doesn't play, I will lose some faith but overall I think we win another close game (shocker) 28-23

Watch out for Hill and Gio though, those guys can really get it going.

Advertisements
Old 10-25-2016, 07:52 PM   #2
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Redskins - Bengals across the pond (prediction thread)

This is a good post. Hard to really pick.

Forget which guy on here pointed out that our four wins were really from nothing more than luck, and certain calls going our way, and agreed with Jay Gruden stating that we would never win pretty. Our luck could have ran out and we could again shit the bed. Cincy could play poorly but we could beat ourselves with penalties and other dumbness.

OR - we could come out and totally fire on all cylinders and win a close game against them.

I'm thinking its going to be a little of both. Two ugly picks by Cousins but neither are backbreakers. Robert Kelly runs hard and the skins prevail - 27-24
Old 10-25-2016, 08:11 PM   #3
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
This is a good post. Hard to really pick.

Forget which guy on here pointed out that our four wins were really from nothing more than luck, and certain calls going our way, and agreed with Jay Gruden stating that we would never win pretty. Our luck could have ran out and we could again shit the bed. Cincy could play poorly but we could beat ourselves with penalties and other dumbness.

OR - we could come out and totally fire on all cylinders and win a close game against them.

I'm thinking its going to be a little of both. Two ugly picks by Cousins but neither are backbreakers. Robert Kelly runs hard and the skins prevail - 27-24
Bengals haven't beat anyone good and they only have 1 true scare because eifert is hurt. I think we will be ok as long as we don't turn it over
Old 10-25-2016, 08:33 PM   #4
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Bengals haven't beat anyone good and they only have 1 true scare because eifert is hurt. I think we will be ok as long as we don't turn it over
Eifert returned to the field on Sunday against the Browns. I also don't buy into the "haven't beat anyone good" talk that occasionally permeates the water cooler and message boards. I'm mainly concerned about this game because we're really beat up at key positions. But, I wouldn't discount the Bengals even if we wasn't all banged up. Although, I would certainly like our chances much more.

Silverback, Scherff (who I think will play), Breeland (I believe he has two bum ankles, if I'm not mistaken), Norman (I think there is a chance he could play, if this was a home game, but.......), and Reed (who still hasn't been cleared to play).

I think Fuller could adequately fill in for Breeland, but I'm not sure how effective Breeland can be on a bad wheel (potentially, two bad wheels). The long flight gives me concern about Williams (leg) and Norman (concussion) to play on Sunday.

I rarely, if ever, predict our games, and I'm certainly not touching this one, considering our list of injuries. I do, at times, get vibes about games, and many times my vibes are on point. Right now, I don't have a feeling about this game one way or another. That could change once we're closer to Sunday.

HAIL!
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:37 PM   #5
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

If we are down norman, reed and williams then I agree, we will prob lose. I think with the bye coming we can really push it this week
Old 10-25-2016, 08:43 PM   #6
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
If we are down norman, reed and williams then I agree, we will prob lose. I think with the bye coming we can really push it this week
That's the thing.... We could have all 3 or all 3 could be out for Sunday. IMO, this is a crucial game due losing on Sunday (even, though this upcoming game is an interconference game).

I think 5-3 puts us in a great position (after starting 0-2) to make a serious playoff push during the second half of the season. Get healthy after the bye, and attempt to go on a second half run.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:44 PM   #7
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Because I picked a blowout last week and we did shitty then I choose this:

Bengals: 133888244
Redskins: 3.5
Old 10-25-2016, 08:44 PM   #8
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Hate loving this team. You never know week to week. 😤😬
Old 10-25-2016, 09:25 PM   #9
FlyerSkin

Quote:
Washington Redskins vs. Cincinnati Bengals Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick | Bleacher Report

They have us winning "The Bengals and Redskins have been hard to figure out this year, with each playing well at times and looking bad in other games. Cincinnati has been the more inconsistent of the two recently, though, going 0-5 SU in its last five games off a victory.

Washington is 5-1 SU and ATS in its previous six on the road and will be able to bounce back from that tough loss at Detroit with a win at Wembley Stadium and at sports betting sites."

I do too, I think the bengals run defense and lack of pass rush will hurt them in a game that is a toss up to begin with. Kirk has a ton of confidence right now and I look for him to really start heating up like he did last yr.

If Josh doesn't play, I will lose some faith but overall I think we win another close game (shocker) 28-23

Watch out for Hill and Gio though, those guys can really get it going.
On paper we should have beaten Detroit, plus the Skins have the same weaknesses on defense that you attribute to the Bengals. so I wouldn't make any predictions, especially since Josh is out. Too many folks last week in here had the Detroit game as a gimme!!!!!! Barry better bring the pressure and bring it often, as our defensive backfield is suspect without Norman.
FlyerSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 09:27 PM   #10
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Is Josh for sure out?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2016, 09:33 PM   #11
FlyerSkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Hate loving this team. You never know week to week. ����
Exactly, it is pointless making predictions. One week the Skins look like contenders, then they lay an egg the next. They played well against the Lions, but as usual were the ones making the mistakes, which cost them. Our big play makers aren't making plays, even though we seem to have found a great QB in Kirk. That is the fault of the offensive game plan for the most part. This team needs consistency from everyone involved in order to find a groove and ride it into the playoffs. The team in still a bit too inconsistent to predict victory over all but the weakest of teams.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:37 PM   #12
FlyerSkin

Quote:
Is Josh for sure out?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
I thought the NFL concussion protocol meant a 2 week absence for a player. Be thankful it means he is only out for one game. We can still win this one, but Barry better blitz Dalton often, as Dalton isn't nearly as elusive as Stafford, so if he does we will do well.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:20 PM   #13
Meks
Pro Bowl

Joe Barry still sucks. I dont think we beat them.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 12:32 AM   #14
Bucket
Playmaker

If anyone had the book on Dalton. It's Jay Gruden.

I look for us to destroy the Bengals this week after letting one slip away last week. Kirk is doing some crazy sleep therapy to prepare for the game. Dude is nuts when it comes to preparation.

Kirk throws 4 TD. We win by 2 TD
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 12:57 AM   #15
TheGuyFromOverThere
Impact Rookie

I predict to be there 😁
TheGuyFromOverThere is offline   Reply With Quote