Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Half Way Mark, Are You Satisfied? Expectations Going Forward

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-07-2016, 01:54 PM   #16
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Half Way Mark, Are You Satisfied? Expectations Going Forward

WOWOWOWOWOWOW:

Redskins coach Jay Gruden considers Rob Kelley the team's early-down back coming off the team's bye week.

Per Mike Jones

UPDATE***********************

"Gruden says for now he thinks Rob Kelley to will get bulk of carries and Jones "will have to earn his way back."

per mike Jones

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 11-07-2016 at 02:33 PM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-07-2016, 02:02 PM   #17
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
WOWOWOWOWOWOW:

Redskins coach Jay Gruden considers Rob Kelley the team's early-down back coming off the team's bye week.

Per Mike Jones
Good. Best news of late.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 02:17 PM   #18
FlyerSkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Just wish we could have seen Docston this year. We would have been able to make a way better decision on Jackson/Garcon if we did.
Garcon is the man! Docston is still a big ?! If he gets hurt in the preseason again we might have another Taylor Jacobs on our hands. We will need to draft another we regardless to replace
Jackson.
FlyerSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 02:55 PM   #19
SirLK26
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I'm not necessarily pessimistic. It probably makes sense for both sides to get a deal done. However, a lot can occur between now and then, and who knows what other teams may offer him, and what DS is willing to pay him. I'm just saying it is not a guarantee that it happens. I am hopeful it does though.
If McCloughan wants to resign Cousins I cant see Snyder standing in the way. He's never been one to cheap skate on player salaries
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 03:20 PM   #20
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
If McCloughan wants to resign Cousins I cant see Snyder standing in the way. He's never been one to cheap skate on player salaries
I agree. However, we can't assume that Cousins is going to accept the offer, whatever it may be, or that he even wants to remain here...
Old 11-07-2016, 03:21 PM   #21
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Kelly is a better natual runner. It's painfully obvious when you see the two run. Never liked the Jones pick in the 3rd round. He didn't even carry the load at Florida.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 03:40 PM   #22
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
This year I have hopes to grab a wildcard spot, but next year my hopes go up quite a bit with one more draft and a chance to shore up a couple spots in free agency.

We should be ready to contend for conference titles beginning next year.
Exactly this.

I've been talking to some friends lately about our respectable teams and what I always bring up is;

This is only Scot's 2nd year. When he was first hired we were all ready to wait patiently for a proper 3-4 year rebuild. Then we somehow won the division last year and now most fans are expecting instant success. McCloughan is doing things right and shoring up spots one after another. Next year (and i'd even say a 4th year really) is when we'll really see what his plan pans out to be.

So far, yes, I'm satisfied. Anybody who isn't satisfied either forgot how poorly this team has been the prior 20 years or just started following the team recently.

This is a HUGE step up from where we were just 5 short years ago.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:47 PM   #23
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

I'm not satisfied because I feel that we blew the last two games. We could have been 6-2 but we're not. I don't mind it as much when the Skins get beaten by a better team as I do when they blow a game.

We've got to learn how to finish games. Also, I'd like to have a couple of stress-free weeks when the Skins start fast and pour it on for an easy win.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:50 PM   #24
Schneed10
A Dude

I also still hold out hope that Gallette will be a player for us next year.

Old 11-07-2016, 04:06 PM   #25
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevier2 View Post
Exactly this.

I've been talking to some friends lately about our respectable teams and what I always bring up is;

This is only Scot's 2nd year. When he was first hired we were all ready to wait patiently for a proper 3-4 year rebuild. Then we somehow won the division last year and now most fans are expecting instant success. McCloughan is doing things right and shoring up spots one after another. Next year (and i'd even say a 4th year really) is when we'll really see what his plan pans out to be.

So far, yes, I'm satisfied. Anybody who isn't satisfied either forgot how poorly this team has been the prior 20 years or just started following the team recently.

This is a HUGE step up from where we were just 5 short years ago.
I'm not satisfied until this team wins a Super Bowl. No Redskins fan should be satisfied with anything less. And even then, I won't be satisfied with one Super Bowl win and then back to the dark ages for us. I want this team to be a contender year in and year out. I want the 'skins to be one of those teams that other teams look on their schedule and say, "dang it, that's going to be a tough game! I just hope we play well enough to look respectable!"

There's plenty to be happy about. This is not the same ol' Redskins, but this is not the Redskins team that we're all wanting to see just yet.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:31 PM   #26
over the mountain
Playmaker

Im satisfied - that they didnt take a step back this year. We were hoping for 8-8 or sneaking into the wildcard and that seems on schedule.

Im satisfied - that our run D and running attack has been addressed by the coaching staff. I wasnt sure our coaching staff could correct these 2 issues. They are still 2 of the biggest issues but, until we improve personnel, at least we somewhat addressed the issue from being bottom 3 to bottom 10.

Im satisfied - that next year, I will have big expectations.

So far this season has been a mixed bag, but more good than bad.
-------------------

Im not satisfied with the penalties. They have been a consistent killer. We are top 5 for most penalties so far. This has to be addressed and improve going forward.

NFL Penalties - 2016 League Penalty Stats - View by Total - NFL Penalty Stats Tracker - List/Statistics/Data of NFL Penalties - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Old 11-07-2016, 04:55 PM   #27
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
Im satisfied - that they didnt take a step back this year. We were hoping for 8-8 or sneaking into the wildcard and that seems on schedule.

Im satisfied - that our run D and running attack has been addressed by the coaching staff. I wasnt sure our coaching staff could correct these 2 issues. They are still 2 of the biggest issues but, until we improve personnel, at least we somewhat addressed the issue from being bottom 3 to bottom 10.

Im satisfied - that next year, I will have big expectations.

So far this season has been a mixed bag, but more good than bad.
-------------------

Im not satisfied with the penalties. They have been a consistent killer. We are top 5 for most penalties so far. This has to be addressed and improve going forward.

NFL Penalties - 2016 League Penalty Stats - View by Total - NFL Penalty Stats Tracker - List/Statistics/Data of NFL Penalties - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
The jury is still out on whether or not they will have taken a step back this year. No playoffs = a step back.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:59 PM   #28
Schneed10
A Dude

"Satisfaction" is such a strange concept when it comes to sports fans. Metal is right, if you lose your last game of the season, even if it's the Super Bowl it's hard to say you're satisfied.

I guess it's all relative. Right now I appreciate the current state of the team because we continue to win more games than we lose and there's hope for the future. McCloughan has cap space, draft picks, and the know how. Gruden is at least capable as a head coach.

If I have hope then I have reason to enjoy the journey until I can one day be satisfied with the destination.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:20 PM   #29
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I'm good, we are over .500 and we have a fair schedule.. Minnesota isn't very good right now and neither is GB... I'd say we will finish 9-6-1 getting the 5th seed. (NYG get 6th seed at 9-7).
Old 11-07-2016, 06:12 PM   #30
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

I thought at the beginning of the year that we would finish 8-8 worst case scenario. I still think we could do better, but it is going to take some lucky calls and some of the "good" teams collapsing that we have to play in the final half...