Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

It's Dallas week!! Gobble Gobble

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-22-2016, 10:13 AM   #46
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: It's Dallas week!! Gobble Gobble

Here are some quotes to inspire you:

"...So one time in a meeting during Dallas week, all of a sudden we heard a GONG, ... and here came George (Allen), who was wearing his karate garb .... The whole locker room went crazy. We were shouting, 'GEORGE, GEORGE, GEORGE...' It was electric. He talked about Dallas week and how he wanted to fly to Dallas and meet Tom Landry at midfield and fight him, and if he could beat Landry, we would win. ....Now he had these boards with him, and these other guys were holding the boards. He was going to break two boards with his hands, and two others with his feet, and if he could break those boards, we were going to beat Dallas. The place was going nuts, chanting, 'GEORGE, GEORGE, GEORGE!' Now he started to warm up and was making all kinds of noises and taking deep breaths. It was unbelievable. All of a sudden he screamed, came down, and broke the two boards with his hands and the other two with his feet, and the place went nuts! ..."

- Rusty Tillman, from Hail Victory: An Oral History of the Washington Redskins by Thom Loverro

"George Allen never used to say 'the Dallas Cowboys', it was always 'the goddamned Dallas Cowboys.' It's the Cowboys' uniform. It strikes hate and loathing in my mind, almost in a Pavlovian sense."

-John Wilbur

"When you sign with Washington, you sign a contract to hate the Cowboys."

-Charles Mann

"If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan."

-Jim Lachey

"We loved to play them. It was always the perfect setting - Monday Night, Thanksgiving Day, a 4 o'clock start, RFK. Those kinds of games still give me goose bumps."

- Ken Houston

"I wanted to just... put his lights out ....because, you know, ...Dallas sucks..."

- Dexter Manley, referring to Danny White whom he knocked out of the first half of the 1982 NFC Championship game.

"It showed our mindset. We honestly felt like we were going into battle."

-Neal Olkewicz, describing the team wearing battle fatigues and black combat boots as they arrived at Dallas International Airport on Dec 10, 1983, dominating the Dallas television news that night. The previous matchup, Redskins had squandered a 23-3 lead to lose 31-30. Redskins record at Dallas was 1-9 over the past ten years. Both teams were 12-2, and the #1 seed for the playoffs was on the line. The following afternoon, the Redskins dominated the game, winning 31-10.

"You just despised that team. It was genuine... I despise them even more now, because they are so flamboyant."

- Joe Jacoby, 1996

"Because of my position, I'm not supposed to think that way. But in the back of my mind, in my heart, I never want to see them win. It's just inbred in my blood since I was a Redskin. I bleed burgundy and gold. I will always have that in my soul - to hate the silver and blue."

- Mark May, TV network analyst, 1996

"I mean, there wasn't a lot of hope for that one, yet we found out, you know, we found a way to win that game, AGAINST our rival, at their place, on Monday night, and uh, the locker room was just -- it was just unbelievable."

-Mark Brunell, Sept. 2005

"I think I love it so much because they talk so much trash, they think they run us. They think they own us. I'm ready. We take little things like that and it adds to our fire. Our fire will start out small, but by game time, it will be blazing and ready to go."

- Sean Taylor, Dec 17, 2005, discussing the Redskins/Cowboys rivalry the day before the Redskins 35-7 blowout of Dallas.

"**** Dallas"

- Chris Cooley, as autographed on one of his photos on his site
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-22-2016, 10:41 AM   #47
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
He has a tendency to win games.
that would be the one they want to break him of.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 11:05 AM   #48
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

I want more of this:

Quote:
The line continues to improve [though left guard Shawn Lauvao had some issues Sunday], and one thing it did best was encourage Kelley. He lost three yards on two occasions in the first half. “My line kept me up, like, ‘We’re gonna get it,’” Kelley said. “They kept building me up when I was like, ‘things aren’t working like I thought it would.’ They were like, ‘Strap it up, hold onto the ball, and let’s go.’” Eventually, they went.
Impact of DeSean Jackson, OL's encouraging words to Rob Kelley - Washington Redskins Blog- ESPN

Strap it up, boys ...and ram it down their f'ing throats.
Old 11-22-2016, 11:10 AM   #49
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
1. Prescott is no Rogers, but GBay Oline not Dallas O-Line;

2. If the Cowboys aren't up for a Skins/Cowboys game on Thanksgiving, they deserve a beat down. Division rivalries are never trap games.

3. If both teams show-up and play mistake free football, I think we beat them. These two teams are pretty evenly matched and, although neither D is a world beater, I think ours is the better one if ...

4. Tackling is going to be key for our D. Wrap folks up, take good angles, swarm to the ball. While I think it has improved as the season progressed, tackling is one of the first things to suffer when fatigue sets in - which becomes a vicious circle (bad tackling leads to more opposing first downs, more time on the field, more fatigue, worse tackling ...rinse and repeat).

Dallas has had a pretty easy schedule. Pittsburg, Baltimore, Philly and the Giants being their toughest tests outside our first game with them. They convincingly beat up on some poor teams (which is what good teams do).

They are beatable but we need to stop Elliot (see above on tackling) and figure a way to overcome their Oline advantage against our D.

This is a pretty evenly matched game (statistically speaking), and I think it is going to come down to the team that makes fewer mistakes and has the better "want to." I think we will be the team that has the better "want to" but am not convinced we will make fewer mistakes.
Good point. I'm really starting to think playing Cravens at SS wouldn't be such a bad idea. That way you have him and Mason Foster on the field at the same time. Put your best tacklers on the field against a tough running team. This might be my Ignorant Fan's Key to the Game this week.

On the other hand, I think Barry put Cravens at the nickel position sometimes, another way to have Foster and him on the field at the same time. In that personnel Ihenacho would have the edge over Whitner IMO.
Old 11-22-2016, 11:14 AM   #50
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Man, the #1 key to the game is stopping Zeke period. Load the box and like Schneed said punch, hit this Oline and Zeke in the mouth.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 11:22 AM   #51
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Dak needs to be rattled. You have to come out and put him on the ground. I don't care how cool he seems, you hit a QB enough times they get happy feet, they get happy feet they turn it over.

I think for us to win, we need to force at least 2 turnovers.

And we also need to shove a Fat Rob down their throats on offense. He needs 25 carries.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 11:27 AM   #52
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Man, the #1 key to the game is stopping Zeke period. Load the box and like Schneed said punch, hit this Oline and Zeke in the mouth.
I think we know how to beat Dallas' OLine, one because of Callahan, and two from our players' own experience. Elliot is a different story. We need to stop Dallas early and often enough so that they can't use him to wear out our defense. If he continually bangs on our CB's and LB's we will have a long 4th quarter.

I already miss the days you could count a TR miscue to seal a half or a game. Jason Garrett needs to step up and do some solid coaching fails asap.
Old 11-22-2016, 11:28 AM   #53
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

is there any available link to rewatch week two's game?
Old 11-22-2016, 11:35 AM   #54
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I think we know how to beat Dallas' OLine, one because of Callahan, and two from our players' own experience. Elliot is a different story. We need to stop Dallas early and often enough so that they can't use him to wear out our defense. If he continually bangs on our CB's and LB's we will have a long 4th quarter.

I already miss the days you could count a TR miscue to seal a half or a game. Jason Garrett needs to step up and do some solid coaching fails asap.
Well first meeting, we held Zeke to like 83 yards and caused him to lose a fumble...we should have won that game. Or offense wasn't chugging like it is now...Also should be noted, Zeke got some more experience as well since then. But we played well enough vs the run the first meeting and almost won.

We've been doing better on defense with getting off the field on 3rd down, so its vital we get Dallas into 3rd and long by bottling up Zeke on the first 2 downs. The way Dallas wins is they just grind away on the first 2 downs on offense. They PA and Boot in the passing game.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 12:05 PM   #55
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Well first meeting, we held Zeke to like 83 yards and caused him to lose a fumble...we should have won that game. Or offense wasn't chugging like it is now...Also should be noted, Zeke got some more experience as well since then. But we played well enough vs the run the first meeting and almost won.

We've been doing better on defense with getting off the field on 3rd down, so its vital we get Dallas into 3rd and long by bottling up Zeke on the first 2 downs. The way Dallas wins is they just grind away on the first 2 downs on offense. They PA and Boot in the passing game.
I think Elliot is a better player this time from watching him hesitate early on. But if we hold him to 80 I think we definitely win. With KC playing like he is their secondary shouldn't hold up.

Sent from my S6 Edge
Old 11-22-2016, 12:06 PM   #56
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
is there any available link to rewatch week two's game?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idAXDN91aN0
Old 11-22-2016, 12:09 PM   #57
WillH
The Starter

Our Offense can put up points, and our passing attack is more dynamic than theirs. Their running game is better than ours, and run D is not our greatest strength. Our pass rush, however, is one of the best in the league right now and our pass coverage has a couple of play makers, and is otherwise OK. Straight up, this is a tough game, but winnable. If we can take them out of their game though, I don't think they can match us.

Game Plan:

1. Use the run to setup the pass, and spread the ball. It doesn't matter who's catching it, our receivers are play makers.

2. Get up by 14 early. Take Zeke out of the game by making him irrelevant.

3. Hit Dak early and often, put the game on his shoulders and put him under pressure.
Old 11-22-2016, 12:26 PM   #58
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico23231 View Post
thanksgiving dinner my spot:

Saurkraut

thousand island dressing

rye bread

swiss and muenster cheeses

thin sliced cornbeef

dessert: Pie and skins victory

lol. Reuben!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 12:31 PM   #59
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Vegan Thanks "living" at my house of course. Can have most of the stuff on a normal menu and the food industry is pretty spot on these days with their meat substitutes.
Anyway save a cow, kill a cowboy!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 01:31 PM   #60
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Ignorant fan keys to the Game:

1. Stop Elliot early.

2. Tackle Tackle Tackle.

3. Error Free Football.

As someone said, score early and get up on them. Take the run game out of their game. Commit to the run early on to get the P/A game rolling and then fire away. Once we get up on them (and we will if we do 1-3 above), run Fat Rob down their throats 4-5 yards at a time. Do NOT take our foot off the gas. Ever.