Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins consider extending Mike Shanahan's contract?
Yes 24 28.92%
No 26 31.33%
Let's see how the rest of the season plays out 33 39.76%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 12:55 AM   #1
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Re: Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I'm not sold on Roman as a HC. I know, I know. Harbaugh. And maybe I'll be wrong about Roman too. So be it.

I love David Shaw. He's a brilliant coach and a friend. And I've asked him about the possibility of coaching here....
David Shaw sounds like a guy who is coming back to the NFL very soon. He talks like it, at least.

I don't know if he's necessarily the best fit here, but I think he'd work his tail off to get this team on the right track, and would allow Bruce Allen to bring in (or promote) a real pro personnel guy to take over football ops. The organizational structure would be a lot stronger.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:56 AM   #2
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
David Shaw sounds like a guy who is coming back to the NFL very soon. He talks like it, at least.

I don't know if he's necessarily the best fit here, but I think he'd work his tail off to get this team on the right track, and would allow Bruce Allen to bring in (or promote) a real pro personnel guy to take over football ops. The organizational structure would be a lot stronger.
Someone like AJ Smith?

Don't get your hopes up on Shaw quite yet. He doesn't talk like someone coming back to the NFL very soon when the cameras aren't rolling. And there's no indication he wants to come here, or we want him
Old 10-14-2013, 01:02 AM   #3
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Someone like AJ Smith?

Don't get your hopes up on Shaw quite yet. He doesn't talk like someone coming back to the NFL very soon when the cameras aren't rolling. And there's no indication he wants to come here, or we want him
I figured there was probably a reason AJ Smith was brought here. I'm undecided about him, which is a weird thing to be when someone was employed as a GM for nine years. Usually that's enough time to build a solid reputation. But SD is a weird market to try to win in. Looney toons ownership, and D-minus facilities, and lacking tradition, all that jazz.

I'm already surprised that Shaw talks like he does when the camera's are rolling, given the perception that being evasive about future employment opportunities may hurt recruiting. I think it's perception, not reality, but it definitely bucks the trend of saying that "I'm here forever."

Maybe Shaw's just a really honest guy who isn't going to say stuff that he doesn't believe about Stanford being the only coaching job he ever wants. I don't know.