Wft vs niners prediction thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-11-2020, 11:17 PM   #91
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Wft vs niners prediction thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I mean, Jerry Rice sounds like a shithead for his Alex Smith comments but I'd love to know what he thinks of Alex now.

He's not wrong in his criticism, Smith's early years were fairly average until he blossomed when the 49ers went 13-3. I think we can all agree Smith is not HOF-bound, but I would garner there is legit buzz about renaming the CPOTY award after him (probably after he retires if I had to guess).

Rice is just an asshole because that's one of those things where it's better to just keep your mouth shut. No need to blame Alex Smith either when the entire organization was dysfunctional in those days before Jim Harbaugh arrived.

Also I'm curious, would you not want Jerry Rice on your team because he liked to talk? There aren't many receivers I'd tolerate for their mouth and self-centered attitude, but Rice is the exception.
I guess with Monk being my favorite Redskin, who was classy, a bad ass and humble, prima donna, big mouth, talented receivers bother me. McLaurin is the new Monk.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-11-2020, 11:26 PM   #92
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I’ve never been Jerry Rice for reasons like this, he was a prima donna.

https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article...-Editors-Picks

Lets face it, there are a ton of reasons you have never been Jerry Rice though...
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 11:44 PM   #93
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I guess with Monk being my favorite Redskin, who was classy, a bad ass and humble, prima donna, big mouth, talented receivers bother me. McLaurin is the new Monk.
Monk was the exception to the rule.

Glad we have his successor . We can agree on that.
Old 12-11-2020, 11:46 PM   #94
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Lets face it, there are a ton of reasons you have never been Jerry Rice though...

Nice catch.

I don't know any team fan who is a big fan of loudmouth egotistical wide receivers, but would I make an exception for the GOAT? yes. Would I do the same for TO? No.
Old 12-12-2020, 10:01 AM   #95
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Stopping the run will be key, but our LB seem to have been way more gap sound recently.

The niners lost a ton of quality players on their DL (Bosa, Ziggy Ansah, Solomon, Dee Ford etc...) and our OL did really decent against a very good front last week... so yeah I can see us finding ways to move the ball on them, and rattle Mullens into making mistakes on the other side of the ball.

But I wouldn't underestimate them either, they swept the Rams who looked absolutely awesome agains the Pats !
Old 12-12-2020, 10:55 AM   #96
calia
Playmaker

Wft vs niners prediction thread

This game is the key to the rest of the season. We will need to go 3-1 to keep pace with NYG and I think the Seattle game is the hardest one remaining. Obviously, 1 game at a time, but a win this weekend will be critical. I think they’ll beat Philly and Carolina.

Man, the 2 NYG and Detroit losses sting now. We could have won the division running away. But that does bode well for the future. Needle pointing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-12-2020, 11:01 AM   #97
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Agreed. The Giants losses still suck, but the Detroit one was the biggest WFT, gut-dick-punch I've had in a while.

Still, most excited I've been about December football in YEARS. Let's get this shit.
Old 12-12-2020, 11:57 AM   #98
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Stopping the run will be key, but our LB seem to have been way more gap sound recently.

The niners lost a ton of quality players on their DL (Bosa, Ziggy Ansah, Solomon, Dee Ford etc...) and our OL did really decent against a very good front last week... so yeah I can see us finding ways to move the ball on them, and rattle Mullens into making mistakes on the other side of the ball.

But I wouldn't underestimate them either, they swept the Rams who looked absolutely awesome agains the Pats !
This. Stopping the run, put them into 3rd and long and then too be disciplined versus play action/boots.

I think we can move the ball against San Fran. Score TD in the red zone puts more pressure on San Fran to get away from the run.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 12:27 PM   #99
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:

Agree it is going to be tough though. Kyle loves sticking it to Washington and our D hasn't been most successful against run first teams this year. This is a great opportunity to see if this D is an all around very good D.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 12:52 PM   #100
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:

They still have Armstead, Kinlaw, Hyder, Streets (broke Brees) DJ Jones, Givens, Warner, Greenlaw, all solid players in the line and LB’s. Kyle had his little celebration in the rain in Landover, let’s hope our boys remember that and kick their fucking ass!!’ Fuck Kyle and Trent!!

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 05:02 PM   #101
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
"And in his last two contests, Hopkins is 5-for-5 on field goals and 7-for-7 on extra points."

Get what you are saying, but it's not one game. If he is truly over the hump, then as Rivera showed with Gano, a bit of faith from the HC could go a long way. If he keeps it up, ST's are not a problem.

Im not one to dig up old posts but that miss really set san fran up and has us playing from behind in a super important game. Hop aint the guy....too many misses over the course of the season.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 07:48 PM   #102
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Chase young gonna embarrass Trent this weekend...Montez too

Pin this mutherfucker
Chase young breakout game

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote